• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terrible news concerning nik.

623 posts in this topic

I just visited this site for the first time in a couple of months, and am so sorry to see this. My prayers for Nik and his family. :(

In case some of you didn't read the whole thread... I thought it should be repeated. :(

(From Page 28 I think.)

I am at a loss for words as I am in shock and can barely type through my tears but wanted those who care about Nik to know

I just spoke with Nik's brother Harry and he informed me Nik will pass away shortly, it is only a matter of time. I wish I misunderstood him, but I didn't.

He said if anyone wanted to pay a visit to do so now as he does not know if it will be hours or days, he said it is only a matter of time.

I don't know what else to say except I love Nik and may he find peace.

Damn.

My heart goes out to his children. Speaking from experience, losing a parent at a young age creates a void that nothing can ever fill.

Here's hoping for a miracle. For 's sake, he deserves one.

Wow.

Just logged on for the 1st time in a while.

Nik, I'll pray for you. Don't know what your beliefs are, but I pray you are ready spiritually.

Truly a wake up call for us all as to the immediacy of life & death.

You were a great contributor, and your presence will always be felt here.

Rick

Terrible, terrible news.

I feel extra bad because I was visiting Ted's shop in Worcester about a half hour before Nik and the other boardies showed up a week ago or so. My friend Michael Shuley (comicartfan) and I had been there an hour and a half already (and we didn't know who exactly was coming), so we took off and I missed seeing him.

Nik's one of the great people in the hobby, so I too am praying for his recovery and his peace. Just a year or so ago I saw Nik at a dinner in Boston with Michael, Foolkiller, SilverandBronze, etc. He had a nice raw copy of HOS 92 with him, a comic I had always liked and considered owning. After hemming and hawing for a bit, I couldn't decide whether to try to buy it. Nik said, "Just take it home with you for a while and see what you think. You can return it whenever or pay for it whenever." I held onto it for a couple weeks (and read it twice!) before I decided to keep my focus on OA and returned the book to him.

Just like Nik to do that for me -- down-to-earth, generous, real.

Dan

:censored:

I think I've pretty much lost it here...this just can't be right. , it isn't right. I'm numb and I cannot even begin to think how his family must feel right now. :(

I feel pretty much the same way. This is so unbelievably unfair... I don't know what else to say... :sorry:

I still hope there's a chance things can turn around for Nikos. :wishluck:

I talked with nik's sister in-law this morning and she wanted everyone to know that the outpouring of well-wishes and support were greatly appreciated by nik's family.

I'm holding out hope there be another chance to sit with nik, beer in hand chatting about the things he was so passioniate about. :wishluck:

This is a pic from last year's National forum lunch. I only met him a few times but he felt like a brother when I was with him.

That's me in between two of my best friends in this whole entire world.

:foryou:

Jim

(thumbs u

This is a pic from last year's National forum lunch. I only met him a few times but he felt like a brother when I was with him.

I was sitting next to him when this picture was taken. We had a great conversation that day about comics, life, and values.