• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,837 posts in this topic

On 2/19/2024 at 3:01 PM, Ghost Town said:

When I was growing up and first saw Ghost Rider in a comic, it didn't strike me as unusual that his head was flaming skull. But fifty years later, I'm thinking, "Wow, his head is a flaming skull!"

53540359505_56ffaae94a_b.jpg

Zoiks!!! What a book!

On 6/1/2024 at 9:44 PM, Silver Surfer said:

Did anyone score the X-Men #76 on Clink?

Considering the cover is supposed to be turd, someone sure liked it. O.o 

On 6/1/2024 at 1:56 PM, batmiesta said:
On 6/1/2024 at 1:44 PM, Silver Surfer said:

Did anyone score the X-Men #76 on Clink?

I'm a big Picture Frame Marvel Fan. I'm a big Gil Kane fan. I'm a big fan of black Picture Frame books. I'm a big fan of 9.8 Picture Frame books. 

I think it's a beautiful book even with the less than stellar Kane cover.  Still, my bid didn't even come close.

On 6/1/2024 at 5:55 PM, Ghost Town said:

I'm a big Picture Frame Marvel Fan. I'm a big Gil Kane fan. I'm a big fan of black Picture Frame books. I'm a big fan of 9.8 Picture Frame books. 

I think it's a beautiful book even with the less than stellar Kane cover.  Still, my bid didn't even come close.

Same but then I was pretty sure I wouldn't come close. Was trying to justify it because I can sell my 9.6 but still didn't come close

On 6/1/2024 at 1:56 PM, batmiesta said:

One of my favorite X Men covers so your opinion is def not universal.

On 6/4/2024 at 3:09 AM, LordRahl said:

One of my favorite X Men covers so your opinion is def not universal.

It's not my opinion, just going by what others have said about it, it's not his best by any stretch, but I wouldn't call it turd. 

It took me about 20 years to get an X-Men #79 in CGC 9.6. I bought the book below in the prehistoric days before CGC. So the #76 will take even longer.

I think Frank Giacoia or Mike Esposito inked the #76 over Kane's pencils. I wish Tom Palmer or Klaus Janson had done the inking. I think those guys always did a good job of fine-tuning Kane's pencils.

29722921701_26b1ba829f_b.jpg

On 6/1/2024 at 8:55 PM, Ghost Town said:

What was the final hammer price? (shrug)

On 6/3/2024 at 11:32 PM, Ghost Town said:

It took me about 20 years to get an X-Men #79 in CGC 9.6. I bought the book below in the prehistoric days before CGC. So the #76 will take even longer.

I think Frank Giacoia or Mike Esposito inked the #76 over Kane's pencils. I wish Tom Palmer or Klaus Janson had done the inking. I think those guys always did a good job of fine-tuning Kane's pencils.

It also has the famous Gil Kane nasal shot. :gossip:

On 6/3/2024 at 8:32 PM, Ghost Town said:

Yeah but that's a smoker of a 9.4. I'd probably take that copy over my slightly miswrapped 9.6.

On 6/3/2024 at 8:54 PM, mr_highgrade said:

What is a 9.2 going for now in days? hm

I don't follow that grade so I don't know how many have sold on CL but GPA has only 1 sale in the last 7 years for $505 in 2021.

On 6/3/2024 at 9:06 PM, LordRahl said:
On 6/3/2024 at 8:54 PM, mr_highgrade said:

What is a 9.2 going for now in days? hm

I don't follow that grade so I don't know how many have sold on CL but GPA has only 1 sale in the last 7 years for $505 in 2021.

And 9.4s are all over the map in 9.4. Since 2021: $695, $795, $432, $249, and $1000 (last sale this year).