• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,797 posts in this topic

Repackaged Atlas reprints of white jungle adventurers, the title would in a few months become home for an entirely different new series, featuring Black Panther and a diversity of characters, and set in the mythical kingdom of Wakanda.

New cover art by John Buscema, recognizable from the distinctive look of the beautiful damsel in distress, and Gil Kane, recognizable by the anatomy rendering and the massive calves.

Jungle1.thumb.jpg.eb065b2efd34acc33d02e4abb3ec4811.jpg   Jungle2A.thumb.jpg.2dffb1fbf2967317b7bd37d1701148c7.jpg

On 12/22/2023 at 10:47 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Remind me to give you the list of all the 9.8s you need to go buy so that you can sell me your 9.6s.

(thumbsu  I picked up more than a few stellar copies for my own slabbed collection that way as well.  Still got this one, after cracking it out.

Avengers98A.thumb.jpg.bc2393afc6082fe6ec51d750fe779943.jpg

BTW, that Spotlight #6 is an incredible copy.  I've always liked that cool Ploog cover and interior art, too.

Edited by namisgr

On 12/22/2023 at 11:00 AM, namisgr said:

(thumbsu  I picked up more than a few stellar copies for my own slabbed collection that way as well.  Still got this one, after cracking it out.

Avengers98A.thumb.jpg.bc2393afc6082fe6ec51d750fe779943.jpg

BTW, that Spotlight #6 is an incredible copy.  I've always liked that cool Ploog cover and interior art, too.

Nice Avengers #98!  For whatever reason this particular book seems to be pretty plentiful in super high grade.  My copy (purchased for $28 23 years ago, don't have a scan) graded out to 9.8 WP.

Doc Savage was a popular pulp adventure hero created in the 1930s, decades before Marvel issued their comic book version of the character in the early bronze period where they started up a large number of new titles.  The series, unfortunately, never caught on with the buying public and only lasted 8 issues plus one giant-size reprint comic, starting with these two picture frames.  The first ish has John Buscema cover art, the second Jim Steranko creating a fantastic Central American Mayan spectacle, and the interior pencils for both are by Ross Andru.

DocSavage1.thumb.jpg.186ddfe4654990dcb3ef8349d15aec54.jpg  DocSavage2A.thumb.jpg.5d02fd5c5a01235493f9928bd03e4ce6.jpg

Edited by namisgr

On 12/30/2023 at 7:00 AM, namisgr said:

Doc Savage was a popular pulp adventure hero created in the 1930s, decades before Marvel issued their comic book version of the character in the early bronze period where they started up a large number of new titles.  The series, unfortunately, never caught on with the buying public and only lasted 8 issues plus one giant-size reprint comic, starting with these two picture frames.  The first ish has John Buscema cover art, the second Jim Steranko creating a fantastic Central American Mayan spectacle, and the interior pencils for both are by Ross Andru.

I very much enjoyed reading Doc's exploits when they were reprinted by Bantam.  Little did I know at the time that they were reprinting the pulp stories out of order.  Still, I looked forward to each and every new paperback when they were released. :)