• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Horse will reprint every Archie comic that was published!

20 posts in this topic

I can't even begin to describe how stupid I think this is, but whatever. If it's true, then awesome. Archie Publications should just do it themselves, I mean they have (Best Of series, although they didn't cover every issue) and can reprint older issues, so why Dark Horse is even involved is beyond me.

Archie marches onward!!!! I just picked up two short boxes full of Archies from a guy in a pinch-early 60's stuff. I've got to stop the buying and get back to doing inventory and pricing!!!!!! I'm so behind.....so very far behind now......

Yeah, why wouldn't Archie Publications just do this on their own? (shrug)

Seriously, why would they allow another publisher to go ahead with this. Archie is notorious for being over protective of their property. They've issued cease and desist orders to fanfiction.net, some improv troupe in NYC, as well as sending them to such bands as The Veronica's (for "using" Veronica's name...) and Jughead's Revenge. (Unless of course they were given a very large sum of money, and who can say no to money?)

The newspaper strips can be found on their website, and if I'm not mistaken they have re-issued the newer strips in calendars and soft cover books.

Plus, if DH is re-issuing them, then I fully expect them to re-issue every Top Notch, PEP, Laugh, Shield, Wizard, Ginger, Wilbur, Suzie, Reggie, Jughead, Betty and Veronica, Lil Jinx, Lil Abner.....

Plus, if DH is re-issuing them, then I fully expect them to re-issue every Top Notch, PEP, Laugh, Shield, Wizard, Ginger, Wilbur, Suzie, Reggie, Jughead, Betty and Veronica, Lil Jinx, Lil Abner ...

Slight correction.

I mentioned b4 when the IDW deal was announced a couple of weeks ago that this is a good step as it gets us closer to any Archie Heroes reprint projects :wishluck:

Plus, if DH is re-issuing them, then I fully expect them to re-issue every Top Notch, PEP, Laugh, Shield, Wizard, Ginger, Wilbur, Suzie, Reggie, Jughead, Betty and Veronica, Lil Jinx, Lil Abner ...

Slight correction.

I mentioned b4 when the IDW deal was announced a couple of weeks ago that this is a good step as it gets us closer to any Archie Heroes reprint projects :wishluck:

http://archiecomics.stores.yahoo.net/graphicnovels.html

:whistle:

It might irritate me, but I'll still buy them.

Seriously, why would they allow another publisher to go ahead with this. Archie is notorious for being over protective of their property. They've issued cease and desist orders to fanfiction.net, some improv troupe in NYC, as well as sending them to such bands as The Veronica's (for "using" Veronica's name...) and Jughead's Revenge. (Unless of course they were given a very large sum of money, and who can say no to money?)

I would assume that Dark Horse is paying a licensing fee for doing the reprints. If you think about it, there's not much risk to Archie--if the books do well it's good for Archie, if they don't then Archie isn't out anything when they're all remaindered.

I would assume that Dark Horse is paying a licensing fee for doing the reprints. If you think about it, there's not much risk to Archie--if the books do well it's good for Archie, if they don't then Archie isn't out anything when they're all remaindered.

Yea I know. I'm just being difficult. :sumo:

Apparently, you can also buy digital copies of the Archie catalog, starting from the 70s and up:

http://www.archiedigital.com/

Am surprised it took this long for Archie reprints to come out...seems like every other comic has reprints (Marvels at least).

Does anyone have news on upcoming Harvey Comics Classics TPBs?

Also, why is the Richie Rich one so freaking rare and valuable? I was lucky to find a copy hidden online for cover, but I had a helluva time finding it.

Yep, I'm sure the bean counters did the math, and decided that the profit to be gained by outsourcing and taking the licensing fee had a better risk/reward profile than doing the project in-house.

Yep, I'm sure the bean counters did the math, and decided that the profit to be gained by outsourcing and taking the licensing fee had a better risk/reward profile than doing the project in-house.

Another thing I also think may have influenced the decision was that having Dark Horse do the early reprints allows Archie to distance itself from the early incarnations of the characters which are really very different from the current Archie house style.

All the news thats coming in from San Diego forwarnes that comic companies, yes even Archie have found out the way to survive is to adapt to formats like Archives,tpbs and digital(iphone comics) which are far more profitable than our beloved monthly floppie.