• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stuff of Legend #1

240 posts in this topic

watching a couple on ebay - one at $15.36 with 7 hours to go and 7 bidders - both books that I am watching have that tick mark in the lower left corner - I think the 6 that I was looking at at my LCS sufferred in part because of the size book and the fact that at first they just placed them on the shelf unprotected - eventually they bagged them without a board

the website did announce a...

Due to the popularity of the first volume of the Boogeyman Edition which was limited to 100 copies and sold out rapidly we have decided to print a second version of the book with a different cover, this cover will feature the pencils to the original Boogeyman Edition. This book will be limited to 500 copies. Each copy will be numbered just as with the original books, only there will be a lot more of them.

490 still left at $15 besides the first 100 copy variant of the Boogeyman edition there is also the larry's comics variant and the artistedition of number 1 - Last I checked Larry's was still selling their variant for $15

Yeah, but the 2nd boogeyman edition isn't due till October - that's a bit of a wait ...

Is the Boogeyman Edition a variant? Or is it the true first print like the Mouse Guard ComiXpress?

It is a true first print that is uncut and has some extra art also.

It's a variant.

I guess anything can be a variant, but I consider it the same as the regular issue. It is just like a director's cut or something. I think it is THE Stuff of Legend book to own for the future.

If you really want the book now, I'd say go ahead and pull the trigger. BUT, I'd wager that once the first 4 book series is over, the demand will quickly die down and the price will drop a lot. It may still be a great long-term investment, but I usually see popular moderns peak for the first few months, then drop after 6-9 months once everyone gets their copy. Proof, which was all the rage a year ago followed a similar pattern, same with Kick 1rst prints. They're still above cover, but less than the initial rush

except that this might have cross-over appeal outside the land of comics if they do something with it. with that said, i should probably read my copy first before predicting it will be made into a major motion picture. i showed it to people at my office i have lunch with (a bunch of 50somethings) and they thought it looked pretty cool. i noted how it was selling for like $10-$15 or so, but had some nice buzz and could go up because the print-run was pretty darn small. one guy (a 60something) was pretty darn precient, and asked "what if they have a second print"? (no, i usually do not show comics to my elderly co-workers -- I'm the "kid" of the group and 40 is just around the corner for me), but I thought this one was kindah cool --no men in tights. they had all just seen the new harry potter movie, so these sorts of things aren't totally alien to them.

i find that comics are much more acceptable to "regular" folks when they don't involve super heroes. for example, my wife didn't bust my chops for giving her a synopsis of fables 1 - 10 after I read them in TPB (and she predicted right off the bat that Rose Red wasn't actually dead)

except that this might have cross-over appeal outside the land of comics if they do something with it. with that said, i should probably read my copy first before predicting it will be made into a major motion picture. i showed it to people at my office i have lunch with (a bunch of 50somethings) and they thought it looked pretty cool. i noted how it was selling for like $10-$15 or so, but had some nice buzz and could go up because the print-run was pretty darn small. one guy (a 60something) was pretty darn precient, and asked "what if they have a second print"? (no, i usually do not show comics to my elderly co-workers -- I'm the "kid" of the group and 40 is just around the corner for me), but I thought this one was kindah cool --no men in tights. they had all just seen the new harry potter movie, so these sorts of things aren't totally alien to them.

i find that comics are much more acceptable to "regular" folks when they don't involve super heroes. for example, my wife didn't bust my chops for giving her a synopsis of fables 1 - 10 after I read them in TPB (and she predicted right off the bat that Rose Red wasn't actually dead)

Agreed,most people I know can`t stand superheroes, thats why I never recommend Dark Knight Returns or Watchmen to the non-comic collector.

It's weird. I got back into comics a few years. A little older now, and I find myself gravitating towards non-superhero books myself: YTLM, Fear Agent, Mouse Guard, WD. That's why I'm intrigued by Stuff of Legends.

I was going to post about this great new read. I kept skipping over this post because the name didn't synch up in mind. Turns out it was this post and the book were the same.

Killer art, solid first read, interesting enough premise (like a dark version of Toy Story), I'm sold.

Wish I wasn't so far behind on reading, might have made the connection sooner and read it when it was bought.

Pat