• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Things That [!@#%^&^] Me Off Thread

256 posts in this topic

1. My wife asking "How much did that one cost?"

2. Anyone else asking "How much did that one cost?"

3. Bulk lots advertised as "70s - 90s" that are actually 99% overhyped 90s [!@#%^&^] and a few ratty copies of Warlord.

I just looked, and they're not up on eBay right now, but I hate it when I'm searching Comics-Golden and find a listing like:

More Fun Comics 67

only to find out it is a mug or a magnet or some other krapola with a photo of a vintage comic cover printed on it. 893frustrated.gifsign-rantpost.gif893censored-thumb.gif

Don't get me started on what pisses me off. Let's just say that earlier this week I drove several hundred miles for a client, stared down a defense attorney for over an hour, got the client exactly what he wanted, then the next morning he complained to my secretary that he wasn't getting what he wanted fast enough.

And that's just the start of a long list.

My local comic shop guy explaining why he has ZERO books that are CGC graded,

because he "helped Overstreet write the grading guide as a Senior Advisor",

and doesn't need anyone to help him grade, much less pay them for it.

(Meanwhile he's got full NM prices on his raw FN- ASM's in the display case.)

4. What Marvel did to the Beast

If you haven't been keeping up with the current New X-men issue by Morrison and Silvestri (and he brought over his team of Top cow inkers too!) then you're in for a treat. Emma Frost looks much better drawn Top Cow style - it was like seeing the quality of art (especially the women) drawn back in the early issues of Witchblade (mostly Turner with Silvestri mixed in and doing covers - I think at this point Turner art was heavily influenced by Silvestri's work, and we can see Turner's art has evolved into some thing much more his own now)

I just looked, and they're not up on eBay right now, but I hate it when I'm searching Comics-Golden and find a listing like:

More Fun Comics 67

only to find out it is a mug or a magnet or some other krapola with a photo of a vintage comic cover printed on it. 893frustrated.gifsign-rantpost.gif893censored-thumb.gif

Was doing that for Phantom Lady as well and I almost won $4 mousepad foreheadslap.gif

2. No new episodes of Family Guy

The 2 DVD sets have been so successful that there has been talk of a comeback. Read it in a USA Today article a month or so ago. I heard of a possible Family Guy movie too (straight to DVD). 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

2. No new episodes of Family Guy

The 2 DVD sets have been so successful that there has been talk of a comeback. Read it in a USA Today article a month or so ago. I heard of a possible Family Guy movie too (straight to DVD). 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Now they just need to bring back Futurama and all will be good in the universe. thumbsup2.gif

Thank God for Adult Swim thumbsup2.gif

Word to the herd! I especially like the fact that if you miss the "early" showing, they re-air AS about two hours later!

That reminds me... I need to buy the "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" DVD set. (For those of you not "in-the-know", Family Guy is good... but the Williams Street boys and girls have taken absurdist humor to a whole new level. wink.gif )

My local comic shop not letting me in because I'm not accompanied by an adult, when I've been going there for about half a year now and have spent about £100 in there 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif.

Jamie.

I think it's fear to shoplifting, or mabye that I'll get the comics out of sleeves and start mauling them with sticky fingers confused-smiley-013.gif.

But what really gets me is when I'm in there with my mum, I see loads of kids coming in with no adult, and they dont send them out.

I don't look that shady do I? frown.gif