• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

On 8/21/2022 at 9:17 PM, Robot Man said:

Had a great day at the flea market today. One of my dealer friends who runs estate sales called me over to his booth as I walked up. He told me he had a box of comics he got out of a house. As luck would have it, a couple of guys we call the “twins” heard him and pushed in front of me. These guys are real annoying and all the dealers and my comic buddies can’t stand them. They always gang up and pick the boxes clean then lowball the sellers.

My buddy told them, they could look after I was done. He pretended he couldn’t find the box and the twins slinked away. Wasn’t all that killer to me but some real cool stuff. I picked out a nice stack and offered him a very fair price. I then told him what he had and what to ask for them. This is how to get first pick. The best part was the look on their sad faces…:roflmao:

Sounds like some real person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bags, take some pics next time!  Perhaps the other boardies know them.....eventually guys like that get black balled, and people won't deal with them at all and they won't be able to get any buying or selling deals done!  

On 8/21/2022 at 6:37 PM, spreads said:

Sounds like some real person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bags, take some pics next time!  Perhaps the other boardies know them.....eventually guys like that get black balled, and people won't deal with them at all and they won't be able to get any buying or selling deals done!  

I'm not a fan of buyers who take their sweet time looking through longboxes while others are patiently waiting.. even worse is when they circle back to the front again for a more comprehensive scan before finally surrendering the box lol.

Edited by littledoom

On 8/21/2022 at 7:17 PM, Robot Man said:

Had a great day at the flea market today. One of my dealer friends who runs estate sales called me over to his booth as I walked up. He told me he had a box of comics he got out of a house. As luck would have it, a couple of guys we call the “twins” heard him and pushed in front of me. These guys are real annoying and all the dealers and my comic buddies can’t stand them. They always gang up and pick the boxes clean then lowball the sellers.

My buddy told them, they could look after I was done. He pretended he couldn’t find the box and the twins slinked away. Wasn’t all that killer to me but some real cool stuff. I picked out a nice stack and offered him a very fair price. I then told him what he had and what to ask for them. This is how to get first pick. The best part was the look on their sad faces…:roflmao:

Pics or it didn't happen.  :baiting:

On 8/27/2022 at 3:13 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

$7 ???

It's starting to amaze me, of what's available out there in bin diving, the new stuff I consider purchasing.

Viable? I mainly purchased to read, but I know nothing of them, well a little on the spectre 

20220827_170428.jpg

20220827_170440.jpg

20220827_170501.jpg

20220827_170509.jpg

Early BA, 1st Appearance, midgrade book at bargain price, very nice pickup! (thumbsu

I picked up a lot of books this weekend.  I got a lot of these 2016 Power Rangers virgin variant covers.  It took me a while to figure out what they were.  I checked out what he had then went back for the ones I wanted.  These were all 25% off.

F387D341-0973-4492-918B-E3199DFEBF5A.thumb.jpeg.3efa77a0dcdd30f05e34e7423c43ca2e.jpeg52CC578E-EDA9-411A-857C-215CB89D9E51.thumb.jpeg.4c1d48977c045caffedeff8eb9f8cfb3.jpegC6282F4A-DEC0-4B06-84AC-59E559E39137.thumb.jpeg.d763c1dd4493e92069acacb80fb19992.jpeg

Edited by Bob Sacamano

On 8/29/2022 at 11:45 AM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

A coworker tipped me off on a garage sale in town. Guy had a few long boxes out. Other people came as I was on the last box. I was able to get those Spawns and Batman Hush. Dollar books except for the Submariner. He said he had more he would bring out on Sunday.

Indeed he did. I was a little frantic for a little while expecting more people to show. Especially after I pulled the first big key Marvel Special Edition. Then even more after finding Electra. But I was all alone for an hour going through about a dozen longboxes. Guy was really nice. Cut me a better deal on the books. 35 cents each. So I told my buddies and they both spent over $100 each.

EACAAE5E-80A6-4F45-BC47-94F8DD01D3C0.jpeg

0CF2CA83-9C83-45AD-B02C-B9B3FEECB7B0.jpeg

FCD5A3CD-4868-4911-971E-8149DFB6E628.jpeg

Killer find! 

On 8/29/2022 at 9:45 AM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

A coworker tipped me off on a garage sale in town. Guy had a few long boxes out. Other people came as I was on the last box. I was able to get those Spawns and Batman Hush. Dollar books except for the Submariner. He said he had more he would bring out on Sunday.

Indeed he did. I was a little frantic for a little while expecting more people to show. Especially after I pulled the first big key Marvel Special Edition. Then even more after finding Electra. But I was all alone for an hour going through about a dozen longboxes. Guy was really nice. Cut me a better deal on the books. 35 cents each. So I told my buddies and they both spent over $100 each.

I need to move to where you live lol. On Saturday I went to a yard sale before the local show. There was no signs of life so I left. I went again after the show and they were packing up.. just my luck lol. you should post this in the adventures in the dollar box thread

Edited by littledoom

On 8/29/2022 at 9:45 AM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

What an AWESOME garage-sale score! (thumbsu

Take that coworker out for lunch! xD

On 8/29/2022 at 12:11 PM, cd4ever said:

Killer find! 

Thank you!

On 8/29/2022 at 12:21 PM, littledoom said:

I need to move to where you live lol. On Saturday I went to a yard sale before the local show. There was no signs of life so I left. I went again after the show and they were packing up.. just my luck lol. you should post this in the adventures in the dollar box thread

Lol well it is usually 20 degrees cooler here but often there isn't much as far as hunting comics and toys go.

On 8/29/2022 at 2:05 PM, jcjames said:

What an AWESOME garage-sale score! (thumbsu

Take that coworker out for lunch! xD

For sure. He definitely earned it :cheers:

On 8/29/2022 at 12:21 PM, littledoom said:

That N Hollywood show? Tried to make it out but the chaos of moving won. 

On 8/30/2022 at 2:45 AM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

That's a great haul

35c each though?

It baffles me (and I've been the lucky guy to buy $1000 books for $5  -  so not a jab at you) that guys with 12 longboxes don't know the 1st app of Elektra is worth more than 35c

Or Morbius.

Or War Machine.

A lot of people would have happily paid $400 / $500+ for  that haul.

Very rare nowadays to find such a clueless seller.

Congrats!

Edited by Beige