• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,898 posts in this topic

On 9/12/2022 at 8:51 PM, littledoom said:

Another wild purchase. What’s a good story without excitement? I bought this estate sale Spider-Man collection for $180. The seller then handed me a $20 bill for “a discount” before I left. After I pulled into a shopping center before my drive home and accidentally hit a parked car. Do’h! The Secret Wars 1 is the famed blue Galactus error variant! These are the highlights from full newsstand runs and sealed subscription copies that belonged to his brother.

92724B74-D4E3-4EDE-B0E0-5D5650F6C82F.thumb.jpeg.79eabd779b485dd9aa2cbc065eee7bb4.jpeg

7D99A725-A165-447C-8B73-52421A7C3CC4.thumb.jpeg.62d32ebeeab8a9f34b3611285a198a27.jpeg

Very cool (as usual) pick up! (thumbsu

The "blue Galactus" is blue in all the 1st prints (that I'm aware of). It's only in the 2nd print that he's colored regular (and the Comicfest reprint). 

Edited by jcjames

On 9/12/2022 at 8:51 PM, littledoom said:

Another wild purchase. What’s a good story without excitement? I bought this estate sale Spider-Man collection for $180. The seller then handed me a $20 bill for “a discount” before I left. After I pulled into a shopping center before my drive home and accidentally hit a parked car.

That looks like a lot of value for $180.  Maybe next time you will be the one handing over the additional $20 bill?

On 9/12/2022 at 11:11 PM, jcjames said:

Very cool (as usual) pick up! (thumbsu

The "blue Galactus" is blue in all the 1st prints (that I'm aware of). It's only in the 2nd print that he's colored regular (and the Comicfest reprint). 

I checked and it’s a first printing. I’ve owned a couple before and sold them off years ago. Seems like a book to hold onto now