• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

On 9/10/2022 at 12:50 PM, cabinboy said:

From an ask this morning at a garage sale - $150 for everything 72D2C617-52BD-4BA8-B327-AD7995D16493.thumb.jpeg.e7cb3373c84f756347be15814dbad846.jpegDF2C1314-EC77-415D-AAFB-3A2CD06CC672.thumb.jpeg.d487ffe6b1763515d4b5e060e65ae6a0.jpeg7777E51A-E50F-43BC-90B2-DCBCBE83C796.thumb.jpeg.cc4439f21f0361013d08632a30f6b53f.jpeg

I give you kudos for the try and ask. SO many garage sales near me, the few times I've "stopped and asked" nada

I'm sure it either is advertised online or the luck of the draw, but I admire the effort! Few and far between probably but ^^ 

On 9/10/2022 at 11:20 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I give you kudos for the try and ask. SO many garage sales near me, the few times I've "stopped and asked" nada

I'm sure it either is advertised online or the luck of the draw, but I admire the effort! Few and far between probably but ^^ 

99/100 I get told no, or they’re not selling, or they just sold them - but this was that 1 time where he had them and was wiling to sell - always gotta ask!

On 9/10/2022 at 12:20 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

There were three houses doing a joint sale not three houses up from mine. I drove by them a few times this morning thinking I should just ask. I didn't. That find by @cabinboyoughta teach me.

On 9/10/2022 at 1:20 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Awesome pull...congrats. I don't know if it's the same with comics (recovering from spine surgery since getting back into comics) but when I was doing antique & transistor radios and paper collectibles....my ratio was at least 20 yard sales per 1 score.

On 9/10/2022 at 2:20 PM, CJ Design said:

Awesome pull...congrats. I don't know if it's the same with comics (recovering from spine surgery since getting back into comics) but when I was doing antique & transistor radios and paper collectibles....my ratio was at least 20 yard sales per 1 score.

lol You probably didn't mean to quote me, it was @cabinboy find :) 

On 9/10/2022 at 2:20 PM, CJ Design said:

OH wow, paid attention to your post! One of my parents also had rods put in years ago! She now gets around fine and is foreverly grateful! Although she's had Knee replaced since then and now needs a hip done lol she still says the knee was the hardest :cheers: but you have my thoughts and prayers ^^ 

But now you got me wanting to stop at every single sale lol:roflmao: problem is they seem to be at the very same houses (shrug) throughout the years? Is this normal?  @cabinboy @littledoom

On 9/10/2022 at 2:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

OH wow, paid attention to your post! One of my parents also had rods put in years ago! She now gets around fine and is foreverly grateful! Although she's had Knee replaced since then and now needs a hip done lol she still says the knee was the hardest :cheers: but you have my thoughts and prayers ^^ 

But now you got me wanting to stop at every single sale lol:roflmao: problem is they seem to be at the very same houses (shrug) throughout the years? Is this normal?  @cabinboy @littledoom

Yes...wrong quote. Yes, the left knee was done 1st ( the 3rd on the knee -2 prior Football) and then it progressed on to back...no rod..opening up discs...pinching the cord...mostly sports/heavy lifting. Oh well...more time for ART. Thanks!

On 9/10/2022 at 12:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I would say this is not normal at all - you might get this once or twice a year if you go out to garage sales every weekend - and that's probably over estimating it.  Normally if they have comics, it's a stack of well-read 90s books that they want $50 for.

On 9/10/2022 at 3:33 PM, cabinboy said:

I would say this is not normal at all - you might get this once or twice a year if you go out to garage sales every weekend - and that's probably over estimating it.  Normally if they have comics, it's a stack of well-read 90s books that they want $50 for.

Ya I didn't know if they had kids or maybe just outgrown stuff. The ones I stopped at, while completely random, aren't always the ones convenient. I may be over stating that it's the same ones but it's the usual neighborhood at least haha

On 9/10/2022 at 1:33 PM, cabinboy said:

And that stack has a Batman Adventures 12 in it lol

On 9/10/2022 at 12:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

The ratio is 80-90% miss 10-20% hits.. scoring is a numbers game. But if u go to every sale and cover all the bases within one weekend you can score. I know a guy who goes to about 4-5 garage sales a weekend. They might all be weak but out of the combined hundred plus comics they have together he might find a Marvel Spotlight 32 and it makes the drive worth it.

Edited by littledoom