• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

Not comic books, but did find some fun stuff this afternoon. Bunch of older computer games, a few Return of the Jedi puzzles, and a bizarre Alien the board game. That one still has me perplexed. Doom, Quake, Diablo, World of Warcraft and Starcraft battle chests, etc. Good stuff.

IMG_8120.jpg

Does anyone care? Probably not, but you get to hear anyway.

See that box next to the Alien game? Level Master 2. Just went on eBay for $200. Knew that one would be worth something, but had no idea.

wow i didn't think pc games would be worth anything ...

JoeTable.jpg

th_JoeDET4.jpg th_JoeDET3.jpg th_JoeDET2.jpg th_JoeDET1.jpg th_JoeDET.jpg

Craigslist ad. "Two Joes with box of parts." The Joes are from the 70's with no bald spots but no kung fu grip. Gonna be fun identifying those accessories. I never had any vintage Joes ever. Kneivel and the bike was included.

Nice lot you have there.

Most likely those Joes were produced between 1970-1973 as '74 is when Kung Fu Grip was introduced.

Due to the unfavorable image of war and the military of the early 70's your Joe's are officially "Adventure Team" Joes has Hasbro changed the line because their sales were dropping to the Vietnam War.

With that said, many of the pieces you have are actually earlier pieces than the dolls you have and I wouldn't put any of those hats on the dolls as the flocking will come off.

Most of the items I can identify including what appears to be the pants to a Marine Dress Blue uniform which holds a little value.

Also,most of the items you have go with the paperwork you have also which is the "set" of the Secret Mission to Spy Island. Keep in mind the popularity of James Bond films at the time and many of the sets released in the early 70's reflected those type of "missions".

I sold vintage toys mostly full time for about 10 years and Joe's where one of my specialties.

Tell me the markings on the motorcycle as it's definitely not Evel's but it looks familiar and I can't immediately place it.

I looked at your other photos and it looks now like you have a near complete Marine dress blue set which includes the pants, white belt, shoes, and hat.

You're only missing the jacket which would have red piping.

There's a sort flea market 'drop off the you want to throw out and we'll at least try and sell and recycle it place' about 20 minutes from where I live.

Most of it is crappy dished and TVs that don't work anymore, but a few years back I stopped in a whim and found a complete copy of the original 1959 'Risk' boardgame for $5.

I love playing Risk, but I love it even more on the original board with the wooden pieces. Pure heaven.

I have copies of Stratego and Monopoly with wooden pieces. :cloud9: Picked them up real cheap at book sales on Cape Cod, while on vacation there probably 20 years ago. I think I paid about $2 for the Stratego game.

I have tons of garage sale finds. These are from this year, so far. Most of them are action figure related, but I have some comic finds too. It is MUCH harder to find good comics at garage sales than toys.

The first thing is probably my best find. A few months ago, someone wanted me to look at his comics. I kept putting it off, and eventually after he bothered me enough, I went to look. He ended up having 30 short boxes filled with stuff and told me all books were 40 cents each.

Sorry, I didn't scan the books.

DSC09045.jpg

DSC09000.jpg

DSC08998.jpg

DSC09008.jpg

DSC09012.jpg

DSC09015.jpg

DSC09017.jpg

1st print

DSC09021.jpg

DSC09025.jpg

DSC09030.jpg

DSC09033.jpg

The stuff was decent, but this was the best part of the find. A nearly complete set (with some variants) of Cry for Dawn with 2 different copies of the #3 Horror Con book signed! I ended up selling both of them here (won't say how much), because I got ridiculous offers that I couldn't refuse.

DSC09040.jpg

DSC08975.jpg

Complete Transformers Hun-Gurrr for $10 @ a local church rummage sale.

DSC07717.jpg

Some more G1 Transformers for $3 each (Cutthroat was opened).

DSC07769.jpg

Not a comic, but I found this for $3 a garage sale as well.

DSC09845.jpg

Edited by lemonman5

I have tons of garage sale finds. These are from this year, so far. Most of them are action figure related, but I have some comic finds too. It is MUCH harder to find good comics at garage sales than toys.

The first thing is probably my best find. A few months ago, someone wanted me to look at his comics. I kept putting it off, and eventually after he bothered me enough, I went to look. He ended up having 30 short boxes filled with stuff and told me all books were 40 cents each.

Sorry, I didn't scan the books.

DSC09045.jpg

DSC09000.jpg

DSC08998.jpg

DSC09008.jpg

DSC09012.jpg

DSC09015.jpg

DSC09017.jpg

1st print

DSC09021.jpg

DSC09025.jpg

DSC09030.jpg

DSC09033.jpg

The stuff was decent, but this was the best part of the find. A nearly complete set (with some variants) of Cry for Dawn with 2 different copies of the #3 Horror Con book signed! I ended up selling both of them here (won't say how much), because I got ridiculous offers that I couldn't refuse.

DSC09040.jpg

DSC08975.jpg

Complete Transformers Hun-Gurrr for $10 @ a local church rummage sale.

DSC07717.jpg

Some more G1 Transformers for $3 each (Cutthroat was opened).

DSC07769.jpg

Not a comic, but I found this for $3 a garage sale as well.

DSC09845.jpg

doh! tftm 3 is out in theaters & they don't think g ee maybe these are worth something? doh! nice score

Hit a number of antique shops and flea markets last week on Cape Cod and the only thing I found was a ratty cover to Feature Comics 29 :(

No, I didn't buy it.

My Wife's friend found a bunch of comics in a box for $5.00 for me There are about 70+ charltons a ton of archies and a few misc. I now have and instant Charlton collection which I didn't plan on collecting.

charltons001.jpg

charltons002.jpg

charltons003.jpg

My Wife's friend found a bunch of comics in a box for $5.00 for me There are about 70+ charltons a ton of archies and a few misc. I now have and instant Charlton collection which I didn't plan on collecting.

charltons001.jpg

charltons002.jpg

charltons003.jpg

Gotta love those Charlton Fightin' Army and Fightin' Marines! I liked the Billy the Kid title too.

this is rapidly becoming my fav thread to see updated

It's now been almost 2 years since I started this thread. I'm glad to see it still thriving! So keep those new posts coming! I love seeing not only the comics but all of the other stuff as well. (thumbs u