• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,898 posts in this topic

MegoJoker.jpg

th_MegoMWlabel.jpg th_MegoMWBox.jpg

Bought this today at a local flea market. Joker was just in a bag on a table. Didn't believe it was a Mego until I held it in my hand. The clothes were pristine and the white face and hands were gleaming. Truly a mint figure. The lady who owned the booth came over and knocked a few dollars off the price. She took it from my hand and was gonna put it in a bag when she said "Wait a minute, this came with a box." Thats when she pulled out the Montgomary Ward box. She said the lady she bought it from told her that it was never played with. I paid less than what the box states.

Want to Quadruple your money? :baiting:

Growing up My parents used the Catologs to by us toys. I use to have this as a kid and it brings back memories.

Edited by BrianR

So this is how they would box up the figures for the catalog orders? Man, my brother and I would daydream for days staring at all those toys in there but my mom always got us everything but Mego's. Star Wars and Six Million Dollar Man are the ones I remember her getting us. lol

Reading online, Mego collectors love that crinkly clear bag. :o

Incredible!

I like your Atari 2600. What do those bring these days? Never owned one...

that is a later version. an atari 2600 jr., released starting in 1984. they run about $80-$100 without games. the original atari 2600's were called "woodys" 'cause of the wood grain.

So far I Got 3 Woodys and some later models (7800) and about a 100+ games(loose and boxed) all found on Flea Markets/Garage sales

lots of people sell them for nothing. i've got a woody, an all black darth vader model from 1982, plus an atari 2000.

Fighting the urge to chime in on "woodys". :/

I looked at your other photos and it looks now like you have a near complete Marine dress blue set which includes the pants, white belt, shoes, and hat.

You're only missing the jacket which would have red piping.

Thanks for all the information! Would it be worth it to look for the jacket? Meaning, will it cost me more to complete the set than what I wou,d get if I tried to flip it?

Got this a few weeks ago at a flea market for $5 . I almost purchased this 2 years ago at a book store for $50 so this was a good deal , 350 pages and it was never read. Maybe 9.8

IMAG0692-4.jpg[/img]

Got these off Craigslist for $35. There are 131 issues with the majority being in the 1941-1946 time frame. Don't seem to be any key issues and they smell like the deepest dankest cellar, but I'm happy to own them.

IMG_8184.jpg

Got these off Craigslist for $35. There are 131 issues with the majority being in the 1941-1946 time frame. Don't seem to be any key issues and they smell like the deepest dankest cellar, but I'm happy to own them.

IMG_8184.jpg

I had a bunch of National Geographics from like between the late 1800's and the 1980's I think it was. Couldn't get change out of someone's upholder for them. Gave them to my sister after months of failed attempts at selling them. I know I had the one with the famous photo of the Iranian girl with the green eyes on that Kodachrome film.

IMG_8184.jpg

WW2 propaganda :cloud9:

IMG_8184.jpg

I had a bunch of National Geographics from like between the late 1800's and the 1980's I think it was. Couldn't get change out of someone's upholder for them. Gave them to my sister after months of failed attempts at selling them. I know I had the one with the famous photo of the Iranian girl with the green eyes on that Kodachrome film.

Yeah this isn't a flip. They are definitely not worth much of anything. I will move some on eBay or wherever to pare down the volume, but only after I take my pick!

Incredible!

I like your Atari 2600. What do those bring these days? Never owned one...

that is a later version. an atari 2600 jr., released starting in 1984. they run about $80-$100 without games. the original atari 2600's were called "woodys" 'cause of the wood grain.

So far I Got 3 Woodys and some later models (7800) and about a 100+ games(loose and boxed) all found on Flea Markets/Garage sales

lots of people sell them for nothing. i've got a woody, an all black darth vader model from 1982, plus an atari 2000.

Lot of guys sportin' wood around here. ;)

I wish I'd never sold my 2600. :( I did keep my NES though. :cloud9:

IMG_8184.jpg

Yeah this isn't a flip. They are definitely not worth much of anything. I will move some on eBay or wherever to pare down the volume, but only after I take my pick!

Those are sweet! I've love to see some of the choice mags from WWII, especially when the war ended. :wishluck:

I scored this lot about 2yrs ago off craigslist. The guy was an antique toy collector and picked them up at an estate auction. He wanted to dump them quickly so I was his man.

Since I do not collect DC SA I traded all the keys (not too many other than Green Lantern #1 and some first SA app from scarecrow, riddler, catwoman) but this is what was in the lot along with a small box of Marvel BA and a small box full of SA Charlton/Gold Key/Whitman/Havey/Dell books. The overall grade of the SA were Fine- with some as high as VF and none lower than VG-. The BA were pretty much VF or better. The SA all seemed to be from the same 5yrs for the most part 1964-1969.

I could not get the cash out of my pocket quick enough. :D

newpics273.jpg

newpics272.jpg

newpics271.jpg

newpics270.jpg

That was an awesome grab. Congrats.

Those are sweet! I've love to see some of the choice mags from WWII, especially when the war ended. :wishluck:

The Times Square issue of the iconic kiss is the one to have for that. It's not in the lot. But here's some '41-45 war ones ones by request. I put in links to larger scans if you want to see them better.

IMG_8185.jpg

IMG_8186.jpg

http://usera.ImageCave.com/yecul/IMG_8185.JPG

http://usera.ImageCave.com/yecul/IMG_8186.JPG

Edited by yecul

IMG_8184.jpg

They are definitely cool. I especially love vintage magazine adverts. (thumbs u

Those Life magazines would probably sell for a few bucks each in a flea market setting if presented nicely.

A guy used to set up near my apartment and he'd blow this sort of stuff out for $2-$3 each along with Saturday Evening Posts, Colliers and other stuff from that era. Don't know where he got them. He'd have comics too, but the pickings were slim for the $1 each he wanted for most of them, though I did forage a NTT #2 out of his boxes for $1, but it was only a F/VF.