• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

One of the coolest antique places I've seen in Ontario is in Waterford which has a huge antique store with multiple vendors. There is a guy in the one section that primarily does 70"s and earlier toys. Walls and and displays are filled with toys such as mego's, 12 inch joe and all types of other stuff. Only issue was that it was more a museum then anything since his prices where extremely and I mean extremely high.

You guys need to come to Adamstown, PA. Lot of great places to 'pick, lurk, and buy.' Most of my incredible finds come from this area. The region is commonly called the 'antiques capital of the world.'

Respectfully,

'mint'

Edited by mintcollector

I was out shopping the flea market today, and picked up a few good items for resale such as an N64, some N64 controllers, Super Nintendo system and an original NES. The best find of the day however was this little guy:

DragonWarrior4.jpg

The best part is, the save battery still works after all these years.

My copy of Dragon Warrior 1 still works too :)

I picked this lot up from craigslist:

nescompletes.jpg

It also came with quite a few cartridge only games, including some rarer ones like Jackie Chan and Felix the Cat.

Nice find! Mega Man 2 & 3. :luhv:

2012-08-05_13-57-37_989.jpg

I got this sealed Sega Genesis game for $3 at a pawn shop, even still has a KB Toys sticker on it.

This was an awesome game, I wonder how much time I spent playing this and the follow up Jungle Strike. :cloud9:

I go to about 4-6 garage sales in my area every saturday after Tball, just hoping to unearth that once in a lifetime find, or at least a couple of cheap GA or SA issues.

I was about to give up, since 99.98% of what ive seen for sale is junk (i make sure to come away from a days worth of looking with at least a $1-5 toy for my son, so he loves coming along), and also, the high heat and humidity of houston makes it extremely unlikely that any low quality paper comics would survive.

until i read about this stunning collection found in the houston area:

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/article/Man-s-childhood-comic-collection-fetches-3-5M-3347485.php

so there is hope.

if there are no comics on display i always ask if they have them. yesterday one woman said yes, but theyre not for sale, theyre antiques and im holding on to them. i begged and begged her to at least let me look at them. she said come back and leave a note on her truck.

although its likely what she means by antique might mean bronze age. its amazing how many peopel on craigslist post ad for "antique" or "vintage" comics, and theyre 20 years old.

doesnt hurt to keep sifting through the rubbish though.

I was in Southern California a couple weeks ago and found a couple cheap items at a small antique store. The got in some props they bought at auction.

First was this space ship. Its kind of rough but still lights up and is attach to an armature for filming. It may be a mock up or something. Can any one Identify were it is from. Part of the front canopy is missing and the tail fin is missing. Paid $3.00 for it.

th_props005.jpg

th_props006.jpg

th_props007.jpg

th_props008.jpg

th_props009.jpg

Lastly I picked up this photo of a p-22 flight crew for $1.00 from the same store.

They had stuff from various shows like home improvement, and Walt Disney Studios set pieces.

Not Sure if the photo was used in a movie or not.

props010.jpg