• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,890 posts in this topic

I pulled a sizeable Gobots and MASK toy collection yesterday for a very good price. Once I get some pictures, I'll upload them here. Being a hardcore G1 Transformers fan, I was surprised that there are some interesting Gobots.

Pat

I was part of the small minority that liked the gobots more than the transformers. Cy-Kill, cop-tur, and even a Honda scooter (forgot the name.) :cloud9:

Though I'm still a much bigger fan of Transformers than Gobots, I have a newfound love. Some of them are pretty sweet (especially the planes and military stuff).

I'd never even heard the Convertors. It was another Transformer-ripoff from the same time frame. I got two of them in the collection and they are knid of cool. Also got a few Transformer rip-offs from Buddy L in the same time frame. I don't care for those as much. They are called RoboTron.

Pat

Kijiji buy. Really excited about this one since bunch of stuff wasnt shown which included hard to get pieces like bibods and such. Still looking thru the stuff for hours now. If I can find one more piece I will have a complete sears hiss tank and mms and lots of other goodies. Will have lots of trade fodder as well. Think I should be able to complete my collection now without having to spend an other dime. :)

128097.jpg.b26464b83b81082e1d69a4924ada68a4.jpg

128098.jpg.c302253636f3cd21c7e4e04e82fb4c34.jpg

128099.jpg.a4e1393544f54da1f6e56907646a5b75.jpg

128100.jpg.a0f2f837dc94dac6f727c1fb4a60829e.jpg

128101.jpg.6f404f806055edbe83b57fdbd5e14613.jpg

What the hell is it?

GI Joe all between 1982 - 1989 the exact era I collect.

Thats not all of it either, Those are just the ad pics, There was an other big rubbermaid container with some star wars and lots of hidden goodies.

I went from 45 figures that I wanted to 20 now I need to complete and even completed a bunch of stuff I wasnt even worried about for figures.

Im so happy :)

Yep and majority of the figures where in great shape. So far I have sorted what I wanted out of the weapons and such. Tomorrow I will put the rest together for completed trade figures and then start to worry about vehicles.

Needed to stop since so much stuff on the table my eyes started screwing up and it was just a blur.

After that all done have to redo my want list, then take pics of everything and get my kijiji ad edited.

With whats left like extra completed firefly, rock n roll and the list goes on I should be able to get other collectors easily to trade for stuff I need. :)

Awesome GI Joe find.

The accessories can be overwhelming. Trying to figure out what vehicles or figure it goes to. It's the fun and dread of a bag of accessories.

The Skystriker and Whale are two of my favs. I'll add them to my collection some day soon. Just picked up a 2nd Nightraven for only $10.

Pat

Great find. Do you happen to collect AFA graded carded figures? Looking to start collecting these, as I got a great collection of 12 and 20/21 back Star Wars figures I am assembling in high grade.

Great job on the find!

'mint'

I don't have any afa graded figures for GI Joe. I just try and find collections and put it together loose. I only have one carded Joe figure which is Recoil which I bought last weekend because only cost $20.

I don't have any carded figures for Star Wars. I did buy a bunch of Star Wars awhile back which I was trading but thinking now that I got this collection going to take the Star Wars off the market and keep them for myself.

On a side note found a complete secto-viper with the hard to find helmet. Got my hit n run knifefinally along with a bunch of hard to find pieces.

No Star duster or silver pad flash though.

Vintage Star Wars stuff is awesome. I enjoy the early stuff myself. That being said, I need to order the book on collecting GI Joe. It has been awhile since I studied the market. I was cautious of these as I keep hearing stories of the O-Rings coming apart on the figures, even while carded. If I am going to pay over thousand dollars for a figure in high grade, that scares me.

Vintage star wars got me into collecting. As a child, my grandmother believed that Star Wars action figures on the card would be worth money some day. We would drive all over town looking to complete her collection which unbeknownst to me, was actually for me. I had most of the figures loose already but I trashed them. Today, I still have everyone of those carded figures, even the few that I pried open and "borrowed" the weapons that I had lost. She passed away in March, but her collecting spirit lives on. :acclaim:

Vintage star wars got me into collecting. As a child, my grandmother believed that Star Wars action figures on the card would be worth money some day. We would drive all over town looking to complete her collection which unbeknownst to me, was actually for me. I had most of the figures loose already but I trashed them. Today, I still have everyone of those carded figures, even the few that I pried open and "borrowed" the weapons that I had lost. She passed away in March, but her collecting spirit lives on. :acclaim:

Great story. How about some pictures of that collection?

Vintage star wars got me into collecting.

Yep, same here. And these are the exact items that started it all for me:

StarWars_GDE_stickers.jpg

StarWars_GDE_stickers2.jpg

I refound these last week in a box of old sports card, and after being stored away for well over 30 years. The originally came in General Mills cereal boxes, and these are the scarcer Adpac (1977) GDE/Star Wars stickers in French and English.

What followed for me were the wax packs, and then catalogue orders from Consumers Distributing. I think the Cantina with all four Cantina Creatures were my first exposure to the actual Star Wars toys.

Not incredible, but picked up this Mego Batmobile. Neat toy, but incomplete.

IMAG0186.jpg

I don't think this is vintage at all, but my son will (eventually) get a kick out of it. Maybe it is...

IMAG0185.jpg

And this was a cool score off craigslist.

IMAG0184.jpg

GI Joe Mobile Command Center, a couple small vehicles and a dozen figures. The command center is missing a couple things, but has a ton of the smalls. The figure (Bulldozer?) is included, but his bands have snapped, so he's separated.

There are some small breaks. One of the machine guns had its barrel broken. And one of the large panels had the peg break off. Fortunately, both broken pieces are there. Is that smart to "repair" with glue or is that like with comics where such things do more harm?

I don't think this is vintage at all, but my son will (eventually) get a kick out of it. Maybe it is...

IMAG0185.jpg

I could be wrong, but I think I had a similar He-Man raincoat when I was a kid. I think mine was actually blue or red. I remember it was pretty cheap and over time the logo and whatnot would start peeling off.

Very cool though.