• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

I picked this lot up from craigslist:

nescompletes.jpg

It also came with quite a few cartridge only games, including some rarer ones like Jackie Chan and Felix the Cat.

megaman is the greatest video game series in the universe (or at least my favorite)

i can complete mm3 with my eyes closed (not really, but i can complete it super quick)

I went to an "estate sale" today and mentioned I collected comics. The lady got excited and said she had some comics in the safe.

I got excited...

until she came back with three ratty 15 cent comics. Action and detective. the flea market stickers had $2 on them...I think she bought them for $1.75 too much.

I said no thinks, and bought some old Wii games for my 3 year old, and a monkey wrench just to buy something with heft.

I went to an "estate sale" today and mentioned I collected comics. The lady got excited and said she had some comics in the safe.

I got excited...

until she came back with three ratty 15 cent comics. Action and detective. the flea market stickers had $2 on them...I think she bought them for $1.75 too much.

I said no thinks, and bought some old Wii games for my 3 year old, and a monkey wrench just to buy something with heft.

Poor lady,she had them locked in a safe too ??

I looked over a collection of 4 longboxes at some guys house 1 year ago.

I made him a fair offer for the lot & he said he'd think it over for a day.

When I rang back his wife told me he'd given them to a friend to sell for him

& hey ho, they were gone :cry:

Jump forward 1 year (today) and I'm at a car boot sale here in the UK.

There's a guy who I've never seen before with 4 longboxes of comics!

How much do you want for the comics? I ask him.

£1 each ($1.60)

Have you sold many I ask?

loads mate, I've been doing this for about 1 year.

Gutted as it was the same lot I'd seen a year previously.

Oh well, here's the stuff I snagged for £1 each :grin:

Deadpool 41 - 50 & 68, 69

dp.jpg

Tarot 2 - 6 & 10

tarot.jpg

Prestige stuff

prsetige.jpg

1st issues

1.jpg

odds

other.jpg

and some other rubbish

ult.jpg

I'll offfer $4 US for the Spidey 36 and Ulimate Spidey 1 White variant. Double your money in this tough economy.

Went to a local yard sale this morning that had advertised on Craigslist. They didn't advertise comics or anything like that but I took a chance and went there anyway. Soon as I got there I asked if they had any comics, magazines or video games. A teen-age kid goes inside and brings out a stack of comics. I bought 7 of them (70's Marvel and DC stuff) for $7.00 but the best was yet to come.

One of the moms and one kid goes inside the house and brings out ALL of these game systems:

1) Atari CX-2600A Video Computer System

2) Nintendo NES Game System

3) Super Nintendo Game System

4) Sega Genesis Game System

They set them on a table and it appears that most everything is there (no controllers with the NES and the Super Nintendo and Atari both need AC adapters). I'm also assured that everything was in good working order. At first I'm thinking I only want the 2 Nintendo systems. So I ask her what she wants for those. She says "Give me $20.00 and you can have all 4 systems". :o

I couldn't pass that up of course and now have all of the systems and components cleaned up. Here's pics of everything:

AtariCX-2600AGameSystem.jpg

NintendoGameSystem.jpg

SuperNintendoGameSystem.jpg

SegaGenesisGameSystem.jpg

And yes, we need to have our carpets cleaned. :D

145220030.jpg

I have a silver age book that looks a lot like that. Would pressing a book in that condition help? Just curious.

I'm impressed with the find!

Hard to tell from the scan but highly unlikely. Pressing will do nothing to remove the creases that break the color.

145220030.jpg

I have a silver age book that looks a lot like that. Would pressing a book in that condition help? Just curious.

Hard to tell from the scan but highly unlikely. Pressing will do nothing to remove the creases that break the color.

Yea that's what I thought.

So that'd likely be a 2.5 or 3.0? I can't remember what my guy said, but I can't see it scoring well...

To keep up with the video game theme I picked up a N64 lot off craigslist. Both Zelda games, Starfox 64, Diddy Kong, 007 and a few others. Nothing incredibly, but a good value and since I've never played Majora's Mask I'm very pleased with it!

Now you need to ditch the RF switch for SNES AV cables.

Working on doing that already.

But In all seriousness, I hate you for getting all of that at about 10% of its value.

:whee:

To keep up with the video game theme I picked up a N64 lot off craigslist. Both Zelda games, Starfox 64, Diddy Kong, 007 and a few others. Nothing incredibly, but a good value and since I've never played Majora's Mask I'm very pleased with it!

Majora's Mask was a great game. I really enjoyed it, and there is a ton to do! If you're a Zelda fan I'm sure you'll be pleased. It is a bit different than the others though, and very underrated.

145220030.jpg

So that'd likely be a 2.5 or 3.0? I can't remember what my guy said, but I can't see it scoring well...

I don't think it would be much more than a 2.0, it was cheap and is sort of a "just to have book". Plus I got to read it.

I don't think it would be much more than a 2.0, it was cheap and is sort of a "just to have book". Plus I got to read it.

Yea that's a great book too. I loved how they made GG involved in organized crime early on. It was why the Hobgoblin worked so well later.

I have an awful copy of that book I bought a few years ago. At the time it was my earliest copy of ASM.

Edited by Chris S.

145220030.jpg

Those early Spiderman stories are some of the best in my opinion (thumbs u