• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

Here is today's haul from the annual Fall Festival flea market and carnival fundraiser at my kid's school. Nothing comic-related this year, but not a bad deal for $10 total for everything: the Stratego game was complete and came with all the original wooden pieces; the Chinese Checkers game came with the original packaging, instructions, and of course the pressed metal game board; and the Bond VHS tapes are in great shape.

The JVC CD player was the real steal to me -- it's a relatively early, single tray model (mfr. in 1989 according to the back panel), is 100% Japanese-made, and is much sturdier and better built than today's Asian imports. I don't listen to many CDs, and have been using an old '80s Denon unit for years, but this one sounded so good that I instantly made it my #1.

fall-fest12c.jpg

fall-fest12a.jpg

fall-fest12b.jpg

Cool! The cape on Lando in the last photo belongs to Obi-Wan (top photo) as does the blue saber that is in Luke's hand. Did they come with any accessories or weapons outside of what is pictured?

Thanks for the info, comicwiz. I knew the original Luke figure came with a yellow lightsaber, so I was wondering why this one's was blue. Now I know. Sadly, none of the figures came with any additional accessories or weapons. What you see in the photos is everything I got.

Got all this today.

Found the games at a garage sale. The lady told me the entire box was $15 and guaranteed they'd work, so I thought why not. About 20 pretty decent games total. Systems complete, except the SNES is missing the RF.

DSC09444.jpg

DSC09443.jpg

This was all $1 each from a flea market.

DSC09451.jpg

The best part of it, since I'm a big Ali fan. Souvenir program from the Ali/Frazier III. Alittle rough, but still pretty cool.

DSC09458.jpg

Apparently it's a Star Wars weekend. Found these plus an R2D2 and another of Jabba's court not pictured. Nothing valuable or anything from my limited knowledge, but it's nice to have some accessories.

IMAG0360.jpg

IMAG0362.jpg

IMAG0361.jpg

IMAG0363.jpg

Do I have anything worthwhile or just standard stuff?

Edited by yecul

Cool stuff!

This lot intrigues me. Are you able take a close-up picture of the Fett, near his COO stamp (usually located on the calf section of his legs).

Is there a cane for the Yoda?

I have to say up front that two of the stormies concern me. Could you also line them up and take front and back pics?

My reasons for asking for these photos is mainly to confirm the Fett variation, and to figure out if two of the Stormies you have are repro.

The brown snake Yoda is a $40-$60 figure complete.

You also strangely have a Chewie crossbow rifle but now Chewie I can see in the photo.

If you hold the crossbow up to a light source and it looks green, that is a variation accessory.

Anyone looking to have a green crossbow would pay between $20-$30 for the weapon, but if you had a Chewie with it, someone looking to complete an EB set will want it and could pay twice that amount.

The EB sets only came with a Chewbacca with a green crossbow. Hard to tell from the pictures, but when you shine it in a light, you'll know when you see that aqua green colour.

Thanks for the response, appreciate it. I picked this up at a yard sale as part of a bundle. Cost maybe $2. They were selling various toys of that belonged to their son, so it's not surprising that some items were missing.

Fett: C.P.G 1979 is on one leg and Taiwan is on the other.

Yoda: No cane.

Chewie: It looks blue to me when held to light, but hard to tell.

Stormtroopers markings: one is GMFGI 1977 Hong Kong and the other three are GMFGI 1977.

Thanks for the response, appreciate it. I picked this up at a yard sale as part of a bundle. Cost maybe $2. They were selling various toys of that belonged to their son, so it's not surprising that some items were missing.

Fett: C.P.G 1979 is on one leg and Taiwan is on the other.

Yoda: No cane.

Chewie: It looks blue to me when held to light, but hard to tell.

Stormtroopers markings: one is GMFGI 1977 Hong Kong and the other three are GMFGI 1977.

IMAG0362.jpg

Without close-up shots or holding these in-hand, it's hard to say.

The two on the left seem suspect because of the way the legs taper inward, as opposed to the two with more of a /\ shape to the legs.

Here are some photos which show some of the differences between fake (F) and real (V).

Those are awesome at the price you paid. If nothing else I am sure your kids will love them. I have a ton of old toys from my childhood waiting at my grandparents house in storage just for my kids.

They are all played and loved but heck you cant beat Star Wars, GI Joe, He-Man, Thunder Cats and Turtles. Toys today just dont compare.

Both my boys enjoyed them. The speeder bike latch was snapped off in the excitement. Got a tub full of nerf guns and some legos as well. Plus those super hero figures I posted on Saturday a few posts up. It was good weekend for my boys. :)

Thank you for the help with the figures! This board is incredible.

So I've been looking for Mega Man 1 forever, but I didn't want to pay ebay prices for it. I figured I would come across it in the wild at a flea market or garage sale, but for the last couple years I've had no luck. I stopped by a local vintage game store today and not only did they have it, but it was only $9.99! To top it off, he had a second copy with a set of MM 1-3 for $49.99. Since Mega Man's are so tough to come by I bought that one too. Total was $64 and change but I finally got my game! Sorry for the crappy camera phone pic. All labels are in nice shape.

megaman.jpg

Edited by Neurosis138

I definitely needed this score as I was feeling pretty down after buying two 3do systems from 2 separate sellers on craigslist this weekend, and neither one worked properly. If anyone knows who may have a replacement cd drive for an FZ-1 3do I'd love to know about it.

-Chris

Both my boys enjoyed them.

That's great to hear! (thumbs u

BTW: I'm not sure what went on with that link I provided, but I fixed it now.

As I mentioned in my PM, collectors after army builders are always looking for snow white Stormtroopers, and as such, they can fetch a decent price. It's also the reason why fakes surfaced because finding white vintage Stormies isn't easy.