• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

I finished picking up a 6500+ book collection via kijiji this weekend. A ton of drek, but some good stuff as well. It was mostly Copper and Modern Marvel and Image, with a smattering of DC, but there are decent low to mid grade late Silver through Bronze runs of some of the Marvel titles as well.

I just visited a guy locally that had a huge collection of those freak/underground comics...I had never thought they were worth anything (he inherited the comics from his dad, so couldn't tell me much about anything).

Be wary of the Freak Brothers. Early printings are great, but later ones are cover or less.

How can I tell? There's nothing on the cover or indicia indicating a later printing. Copyright dates?

Peace,

Chip

Lots of info on most "popular" comix

I used to sell comix in the past but you'd find that even the rare stuff is hard to flip on eBay.. So couple that with the tedious work of identifying which print is which and I ended up just not dealing with them. Just me

I finished picking up a 6500+ book collection via kijiji this weekend. A ton of drek, but some good stuff as well. It was mostly Copper and Modern Marvel and Image, with a smattering of DC, but there are decent low to mid grade late Silver through Bronze runs of some of the Marvel titles as well.

Good stuff Ryan! Gonna have it processed for the Expo?

Cheers,

Cole

Be wary of the Freak Brothers. Early printings are great, but later ones are cover or less.

How can I tell? There's nothing on the cover or indicia indicating a later printing. Copyright dates?

Peace,

Chip

I used to sell comix in the past but you'd find that even the rare stuff is hard to flip on eBay.. So couple that with the tedious work of identifying which print is which and I ended up just not dealing with them. Just me

I haven`t seen a website like that since 1999.

Can't you get these on eBay no problem?

Print runs of these were really, really low (due, I think, to the really high cover price). The last few issues of the series tend to sell for $8-15 each.

Was quite surprised to find these this past weekend at less than cover price.

149550.jpg

wow, nice score (worship)

beyond jealious! they are way up on my want list. very tough to fnd

These were hard to get even when they came out, the print runs were so small. I think 310 is the toughest one to find.

Print runs were very small toward the end of the Gladstone run.

The story from 310, "The Sign of the Triple Distelfink," hadn't been reprinted until this year's Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck FCBD book, published by Fantagraphics. (So, roughly 16 years since the first printing...)

I haven't been buying Rosa duck books for a long time, but in the 2000s that Uncle Scrooge 310 was incredibly tough to find and copies would regularly sell for $100+ on eBay when they did show up (usually in F or FN/VF condition, tops).

From inducks website --

http://coa.inducks.org/story.php?c=D+97437

Edited by MisterX

Peace,

Chip

I haven`t seen a website like that since 1999.

I am tempted to back charge that guy for my burned out retinas

reserving some space here - gonna be some NICE pics later -

saw a CL ad -

Vintage comic books for sale! - $1

Over 1000 vintage comic books for sale '68-'72. Marvel, DC, Gold Key, Archies, Mad.

Was pretty non descript - and the response I received was not all that helpful when I asked for any pics or any other info "you have to come see them" -

but took the lunchtime drive anyway.

Apparently, someone else was going to look today- but cancelled. YOUR LOSS!!!!

I need to really sort - but I would estimate that 1000 marvel/DC books alone. Age slants more towards silver - with some early bronze (usually I see a handful of

condition - not the best - but better than my last one - average VG+ for the silver slanting to VF or better for the bronze.

Some gems that I was able to see -

FF 48 and 50

Cap 110

IM 55

marvel super heroes 18

TONS of ASM and FF - some of each in the "teens" issues - some early x men -

the guys bought from a hoarders garage sale - wanted to flip all as a set and quickly - knowing me, I paid more than I should - but given what is there I know I will be able to break even and keep around 100 or so of the mini keys. I did not see any major keys - but it was not priced as if a hidden hulk 181 was in there. Excited to pull out all the ASM - as the numbers are in that "could be" zone (lots of early - but some of the later cool areas like 110, 124) - did not see 129, but I was in fast assessment mode.

A load of coverless junk too - will have to sort through and probably recycle all of those - but given the breadth and timeline of the collection - I will have to sort through them just in case.

Some early JIM and THOR as well.

this whole day job thing is really getting in the way, lol.

Good stuff Ryan! Gonna have it processed for the Expo?

Cheers,

Cole

I hope so. A lot of it I am just going to blow out in dollar bins as I want to turn the funds around fast to chase a couple of other collection leads I am working on. I include enough $4-$10 Silver/Bronze/early Copper books in the dollar bins that they move fast. (thumbs u

Edited by kimik