• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

Went to look at some Star Wars toys and comics this morning. All were already gone. DOH

But he did have these.

They look like the SRG Bronze Dinos.

Anyone know if you can tell if they are real or not?

I paid almost nothing for them. But I sure do enjoy dinosaurs.

IMG_2415_zps62818bbd.jpg

IMG_2416_zps3d30c8b4.jpg

Patrick

IMG_2414_zps65fae2c8.jpg

Great pickup above. The G1 stuff is pretty sick. You will certainly do well.

I bought 1 comic and 1 book. Nothing impressive, but it's always fun to pick stuff up.

IMAG2302_zpsnn16mzkp.jpg

I think that's a 30 cent variant. Took a chance. The book has obviously seen better days, but I've wanted a copy of that.

not a variant :sorry:

Here are some pics from the collection I bought the other day. Not a huge score like Quicksilver's (I would kill for those Transformers), but in the long run it'll definitely make me enough to keep the lights on...

15013362892_930d37beaf_o.jpg

14827204027_d5c71c3afe_o.jpg

15013729775_8c289ffeb4_o.jpg

14827203397_a7c9852fb8_o.jpg

14827088800_bf74e56a09_o.jpg

14827109578_953562ee7f_o.jpg

Peace,

Chip

are the ASMs in the bottom row (bronze) faded or is that the flash? Is there a white variant of the 400 ?

Very poor lighting in my office/sunroom as the overhead light isn't strong and there was a big storm outside, so no outside illumination. They're not faded, but lower grade.

No white #400, sadly.

I didn't take pics of the 15+ copies each of Deathmate Blue & Yellow. Nice run of Freak Brothers, though...#2-12 with double #8s. Also 3-4 copies of Venom Lethal Protector #1 as well as lots more 90's glut books.

Peace,

Chip

Just sorted through 28 long boxes of comics i bought last week. Mostly modern after 2000 with some 80's 90's. All unbagged and jam packed tightly. I never realized how much heavier new comics were compared to old goodness which is what I prefer.

Not too many keys, best books were Spidey 300 and lots of higher number variants, DC Comics Presents 22 Whitman variant which goes for stupid money! Alias 1-15 (TV series coming hoopla) 2 sets of Watchmen minty, plus lots of great sets.

6 long boxes of trades & mags

long box of GI Joe IDW stuff

2 long boxes of Star Wars Dark Horse

2 boxes of Spidey from 275-700 and other Spidey related

box each of Supes, GL, JLA, Deadpool, Marvel Ultimates

Rest assorted stuff

Sadly he never collected walking dead :( Did have a run of Crossed which is some pretty sick mess!

5 boxes of drek I just sold for 150.00 to a happy young fellow this morning

Best part though were the toys - pretty much a full set of G1 Transformers with accessories, DC Super Powers with accessories, 80's GI Joe, Captain Power, RoboTech. 8 boxes of carded/boxed Star Wars 90's stuff, 3 boxes of HeroClix

I'll do well at the next couple of shows

Awesome! That's a good amount of work involved in all that, but the feeling you get from finding big books is incredible!

are the ASMs in the bottom row (bronze) faded or is that the flash? Is there a white variant of the 400 ?

Very poor lighting in my office/sunroom as the overhead light isn't strong and there was a big storm outside, so no outside illumination. They're not faded, but lower grade.

No white #400, sadly.

I didn't take pics of the 15+ copies each of Deathmate Blue & Yellow. Nice run of Freak Brothers, though...#2-12 with double #8s. Also 3-4 copies of Venom Lethal Protector #1 as well as lots more 90's glut books.

Peace,

Chip

Deathmate...gross. :P

Went to look at some Star Wars toys and comics this morning. All were already gone. DOH

But he did have these.

They look like the SRG Bronze Dinos.

Anyone know if you can tell if they are real or not?

I paid almost nothing for them. But I sure do enjoy dinosaurs.

IMG_2415_zps62818bbd.jpg

IMG_2416_zps3d30c8b4.jpg

Star Wars toys and comics are great but so are those Dinos. Nice pick up.

Patrick

IMG_2414_zps65fae2c8.jpg

Star Wars and comics are great but so are those dinos. Love the greenish antique wash going on there.

Be wary of the Freak Brothers. Early printings are great, but later ones are cover or less.

How can I tell? There's nothing on the cover or indicia indicating a later printing. Copyright dates?

Peace,

Chip

cover price is the quickest tell. First printings have the following cover prices:

Freak Brothers #2: Further adventures (Shelton – Rip Off Press 1972) .50

Freak Brothers #3: A year passes like nothing (Shelton – Rip Off Press 1973) .50

Freak Brothers #4: Brother, can you spare 75 c? (Shelton/Sheridan – Rip Off Press 1975) .75

Freak Brothers #5: Grass roots (Rip Off Press 1977) .75

Freak Brothers #6: Six snappy Sockeroos (Shelton- Rip Off Press 1980) 1.25

Freak Brothers #7: Several Short Stories (Shelton – Rip Off Press 1982) 2.00

Freak Brothers #8: The insufficiently_thoughtful_persons abroad, part one (Shelton/Mavrides – Rip Off Press 1984) 2.00 color

Freak Brothers #9: The insufficiently_thoughtful_persons abroad, part two (Shelton/Mavrides – Rip Off Press 1985) 2.00 color

Freak Brothers #10: The insufficiently_thoughtful_persons abroad, part three (Shelton/Mavrides – Rip Off Press 1987) 2.25 color

Freak Brothers #11 (Shelton/Mavrides – Rip Off Press 1990) 2.50 color

Freak Brothers #12 $2.95

For many of the issues, there are also various printings with the same cover price, but the cover prices will tell you whether you have early or late printings.

You'll get more for earlier printings, but a complete set of issues #2-12 will still do ok even as later editions as a lot of people would buy them just to read them.

Edited by Brother J

Hopefully you all won't mind me sharing these pics with you. My wife and I love collecting comics together, but we also share a love of going antiquing and finding awesome vintage / industrial / antique items. It's now crossed over into finding those items that we can use with our comic collection. These have been our two best finds over the past month. Total cost = $20.

First up is this awesome vintage leather travel photo holder. The leather has a great look to it and is in real nice shape. The plastic covers were a bit dirty but all it took is a little elbow grease and they cleaned right up. Dug through a box of beat up comics and found an issue of Classic X-Men and found these two fun panels and cut 'em up and fit them in and voila - it looks pretty dang good now.

photo3_zps86a3a8f4.jpg

photo2copy_zps9efd9513.jpg

Digging through the dusty basement of an antique store revealed this treasure. I love it. It has a metal back with wood sides and wood door. Some cool metal trim bits on there. No glass but I think that adds to the look. Tossed in one of my favorite books and it gave the whole thing a great post apocalyptic feel!

photo1_zps4fbad068.jpg

cover price is the quickest tell. First printings have the following cover prices:

Freak Brothers #2: Further adventures (Shelton – Rip Off Press 1972) .50

Freak Brothers #3: A year passes like nothing (Shelton – Rip Off Press 1973) .50

Freak Brothers #4: Brother, can you spare 75 c? (Shelton/Sheridan – Rip Off Press 1975) .75

Freak Brothers #5: Grass roots (Rip Off Press 1977) .75

Freak Brothers #6: Six snappy Sockeroos (Shelton- Rip Off Press 1980) 1.25

Freak Brothers #7: Several Short Stories (Shelton – Rip Off Press 1982) 2.00

Freak Brothers #8: The insufficiently_thoughtful_persons abroad, part one (Shelton/Mavrides – Rip Off Press 1984) 2.00 color

Freak Brothers #9: The insufficiently_thoughtful_persons abroad, part two (Shelton/Mavrides – Rip Off Press 1985) 2.00 color

Freak Brothers #10: The insufficiently_thoughtful_persons abroad, part three (Shelton/Mavrides – Rip Off Press 1987) 2.25 color

Freak Brothers #11 (Shelton/Mavrides – Rip Off Press 1990) 2.50 color

Freak Brothers #12 $2.95

For many of the issues, there are also various printings with the same cover price, but the cover prices will tell you whether you have early or late printings.

You'll get more for earlier printings, but a complete set of issues #2-12 will still do ok even as later editions as a lot of people would buy them just to read them.

Thank you VERY much for the info. I have all later printings. $2.95 cover price. I'll just put them up as a set including the extra #8.

Peace,

Chip

went to a local yard sale today. Advertisement stated COMICS so what did I have to lose. Upon arrival I see one long box. I start going through the box and the owner asks if i'm looking for anything specific. I figured she was just being polite so i said "just looking. Found a couple of New Mutant books but nothing major. Before paying I ask if she has any more books. She looked at me and said my husband has thousands in the house, let me get him for you. Her husband came out and proceeded to bring out long boxes of what i asked for. Here is what I picked up today.

yardsale8-24-14_zpsedc2e17d.jpeg