• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,842 posts in this topic

We had a great day trip today. April & I never get out together. Other than our 4-year anniversary about 3 weeks ago we haven't been out in months. I was headed out to Florence, SC (about 1.5 hours away) to get a very small collection of books that had some potential, so there was room in the car for them to tag along. Sadly the local comic shop wasn't open on Tuesdays and nor was the local flea market, but we can save those for another time. Met the guy at the local Goodwill and he mentioned he had 'a few other books' he found that might be 'worth something' and I asked to look at them. I got some more cash out immediately and bought those as well.

We then went to the local 'regular' mall to walk around, then a really cool antique mall that had TONS of neat stuff to look at (drek/overpriced comics, though) and then finished it off at a wonderful place to eat called Redbone Alley. The whole interior of the restaurant is made to look like a street in downtown Charleston. Food was cheap and delicious. I had the shrimp & grits and it's one of the best things I've ever eaten. I'd drive the whole way just for a plate of that! Everly had a ball, but I'll be damned if that girl isn't in constant motion. It's tough to get a clear picture of her! :)

Here's the stash I picked up :

15193272132_882f798398_o.jpg

15190607351_be46d039d6_o.jpg

15007068248_01a1751701_o.jpg

Here's the view from our table and a shot of my little dumpling.

15006966460_0e753f38e7_o.jpg

15193270862_718c548f8d_o.jpg

It was a wonderful day. For once I forgot about any stresses I might have. :)

Peace,

Chip

Edited by Chip Cataldo

We had a great day trip today. April & I never get out together. Other than our 4-year anniversary about 3 weeks ago we haven't been out in months. I was headed out to Florence, SC (about 1.5 hours away) to get a very small collection of books that had some potential, so there was room in the car for them to tag along. Sadly the local comic shop wasn't open on Tuesdays and nor was the local flea market, but we can save those for another time. Met the guy at the local Goodwill and he mentioned he had 'a few other books' he found that might be 'worth something' and I asked to look at them. I got some more cash out immediately and bought those as well.

We then went to the local 'regular' mall to walk around, then a really cool antique mall that had TONS of neat stuff to look at (drek/overpriced comics, though) and then finished it off at a wonderful place to eat called Redbone Alley. The whole interior of the restaurant is made to look like a street in downtown Charleston. Food was cheap and delicious. I had the shrimp & grits and it's one of the best things I've ever eaten. I'd drive the whole way just for a plate of that! Everly had a ball, but I'll be damned if that girl isn't in constant motion. It's tough to get a clear picture of her! :)

Peace,

Chip

Wow chip thats awesome, great haul man was that a CL find ? I've been to redbone alley before that place is great. have you ever been to legends in florence its a pretty good shop and the owner denny is a great guy always cut me a deal on books.

Legends is closed on Monday and Tuesday, so we missed them this time. Too bad the guy couldn't meet us a different day, but it's not a big deal. I'll head to their shop another time. This was a CL ad but the main books in the ad were only the ASM #361/362, Batman #204 and Web #1. The other big books were in the small 'extra' pile he found.

Thanks!

Peace,

Chip

Legends is closed on Monday and Tuesday, so we missed them this time. Too bad the guy couldn't meet us a different day, but it's not a big deal. I'll head to their shop another time. This was a CL ad but the main books in the ad were only the ASM #361/362, Batman #204 and Web #1. The other big books were in the small 'extra' pile he found.

Thanks!

Peace,

Chip

nice1

love that batman 251

Didn't want to start a whole new thread just for this question, so I thought I'd post here. I picked up these 2 wood posters at a discount dept store.

batman232woodposter.jpg

batmanwoodposter.jpg

Obviously the first one is the cover of Batman 232 by Neal Adams. My question is, can anyone tell me what comic the 2nd poster is of and who the artist is? Thanks.

By the way if anyone is curious, the posters measure 19" x 13"

Chew #1, First DeadMan, and an awesome pin! Keep up the good work fellas!

I pretty much just pick up any Silver Ages I find if I can get them for a decent price. I scored this one at a local auction last week for $4.64 after fees/tax:

Image120_zps435f0e37.jpg

I love.It!!

Didn't want to start a whole new thread just for this question, so I thought I'd post here. I picked up these 2 wood posters at a discount dept store.

batman232woodposter.jpg

batmanwoodposter.jpg

Obviously the first one is the cover of Batman 232 by Neal Adams. My question is, can anyone tell me what comic the 2nd poster is of and who the artist is? Thanks.

By the way if anyone is curious, the posters measure 19" x 13"

Batman #655, Andy Kubert.

Peace,

Chip

Redbone Alley does have pretty good food. I've got a friend that lives in Florence and we've been there a few times when I've visited. Nice find on those books. Your little dumpling is too cute! Congrats man

Thank you! She's definitely the light in my life. :)

Picked up a small bunch of mostly G1 Transformers today from a Craigslist ad. They're in various stages of completeness, but with what I paid I should be able to make a nice bit regardless.

15023969408_56c8b878f0_b.jpg

Peace,

Chip

Picked up about 25 busts and statues from a craigslist meeting. Don't know much about pricing them yet. Was surprised to see how much the Preacher statue sells for on eBay. Seems to be a mix of Bowen and DC Direct

Also got about nine short boxes of TPBs from same meetup I think one box was nothing but Dungeons and Dragons books which I know NOTHING about. Should be an interesting weekend.

Edited by comicalgems

Picked up about 25 busts and statues from a craigslist meeting. Don't know much about pricing them yet. Was surprised to see how much the Preacher statue sells for on eBay. Seems to be a mix of Bowen and DC Direct

Also got about nine short boxes of TPBs from same meetup I think one box was nothing but Dungeons and Dragons books which I know NOTHING about. Should be an interesting weekend.

:applause:

I know this is not comics but I had to post it.

I got these from a swap shop add and yes they are for sale CHEAP if you want something PM me.The one on the left is a LINE6 VARIAX 300 and the one on the right is a WASHBURN WI 64 the amp is a line6 spider III plus I have a small WASHBURN Amp

guitar2_zps235f81e7.jpg

guitar1_zpsc9445157.jpg

guitar4_zps57de026d.jpg

guitar3_zps1e2a0e26.jpg