• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

Went to a yard sale where the homeowner had 4 long boxes of '80-90s dreks. Took over 40 comics picked out. He had one box full of Image stuff... passed, no thanks!

A good day to go out, see what I got for about one dollar each.

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics013_zps94c9ea74.jpg

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics014_zpsb8c6542c.jpg

NIce!!!

When ever I find nice books in the middle of drek I do take a Youngblood 1 or Bloodshot/Ninjak as tribute to the comic gods who helped me in my quest

Nice! Those Valiant Nintendo books are tough to find, yes?

Peace,

Chip

I'm not sure how hard these Nintendo books are to find hm . But I did had read some posts in the forums here, how they say about these books so difficult to find. Since I was there at the yard sale and they were there... I thought I'd take them and list them later tonight. Here are more photos...

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics017_zps38cc06c7.jpg

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics018_zpsf2b462db.jpg

And these I found - surprised that was Alex Ross's 1st published work.

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics015_zps936927d0.jpg

Some shell-heads green dudes - #1 and 3 (they are third and fourth printings), gonna give them to a friend who is a big turtle fan.

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics019_zps2e67f4f7.jpg

Went to a yard sale where the homeowner had 4 long boxes of '80-90s dreks. Took over 40 comics picked out. He had one box full of Image stuff... passed, no thanks!

A good day to go out, see what I got for about one dollar each.

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics013_zps94c9ea74.jpg

comicbookforumsonly-sellcomics014_zpsb8c6542c.jpg

NIce!!!

When ever I find nice books in the middle of drek I do take a Youngblood 1 or Bloodshot/Ninjak as tribute to the comic gods who helped me in my quest

I've got to remember that for next time

Peace,

Chip

Some are tougher than others; there's 4 TPBS: "Mario's Special Powers" is one of them, that are the rarest ones out there.

The no price variant of this is a pretty tough book too. Almost impossible to find in NM

image.jpg

The problem with those early Valiant books is that, while they are very tough to find and some can garner a decent price, there aren't that many collectors out there.

But pretty cool nonetheless.

Nice touch. I like it.

+1 - yeah, nice touch. Maybe I should take few ones of Image dreks and donate to a local children hospital or charity. Or ... offer to the comic gods by sacrifice in burning? (:

NIce!!!

Tell me about it... althought I did find the Wolverine mini series for a buck each once, right among the Image drek. dude thought he had pulled them.

I went to my local Books a Million today, and they had 5 long boxes of dollar comics. All 90's stuff, only think I saw that I thought about getting was 1-8 of Irredeemable, but I passed.

Thrift sale today $5

20140816_214113_zpse869e4b2.jpg

These people for some reason get all the stuff (cd's, games, dvd's) that are donated and simultaneously rejected by a local Christian "Thrift store/restart your life for volunteer work and get free room and board as long as you go to our church" Hope Gospel Mission.

I know these people get some nice games, and sell the crud. Cool people anyhow. Now I know never to bother looking at that store again. unless I want to buy a two dollar spoon or a mossy couch.

Nice touch. I like it.

+1 - yeah, nice touch. Maybe I should take few ones of Image dreks and donate to a local children hospital or charity. Or ... offer to the comic gods by sacrifice in burning? (:

Unfortunately I believe chromium covers are flame resistant lol

Bout to go to a swap meet soon. Hope I can pick up at least a few comics like you lucky gents always do.

Be sure to pick one or two derks for the *cough* comic gods ;) . Wishing you all the luck!! (thumbs u

Luck Lady, please sent your luck to spideyfan78ct! :foryou:

Peace,

Chip

Some are tougher than others; there's 4 TPBS: "Mario's Special Powers" is one of them, that are the rarest ones out there.

The no price variant of this is a pretty tough book too. Almost impossible to find in NM

image.jpg

True, but you can make that argument for all those books. Anyways, the TPB books come up the least often on ebay, and I try to grab as many of them cheap whenever I can.

Home stretch now with bagging and boarding -

The whole thing was supposed to be 300 books to start - 700 so far - looks like 50 more std size - then probably 50 or so of the magazine sized Conan lot. So 800...

The FF section had some cool older books - not real lookers - but I will take them.

448ab036fbfcca3207d42061795620ee.jpg

a7ab69e8127da88d4493155d5c6b5295.jpg

Big lot of hulks including this

501ae2890aeed2a1665be984239139ff.jpg

The last thing he threw in - I have never seen them until now - he had three 1971 Marvel Third Eye blacklight posters

f57f6254fbeead22f39a0083020cff3a.jpg

bb54c2c7fbadb1ff70241b853e215985.jpg

Does anyone know about the posters? - I see a couple on ebay, but not a lot of info,

The posters have great color - the were rolled up and in a tube for what looks to be many years. I have not looked in depth - but the surfaces are clean - a couple scratches here and there (you have to be close up to see). Some spotty foxing on the back - but does not appear to bleed through. All complete - no tearing.

If anyone knows of boardies in the Milwaukee area let me know. There's an estate sale tomorrow with a bunch of good books (JLA 1, FF 48, etc) and figured I would give them a heads up.

http://www.estatesales.net/estate-sales/WI/Janesville/53546/699336?highlight=archie

FYI - I went to this estate sale. I actually knew about this way before this post, as Rcheli had asked if I wanted to go. I decided based on the books that I would head up there the night before to avoid a long drive very early in the morning.

Rcheli couldn't make it so it was just me and the CEO

Wife and I both got there, and I started the sign up sheet so I was #1 on the list to go in.

Got our numbers at 8:30 like the website mentioned, then went straight for the comics at 9:00am. Grabbed the box, while my wife went to go pay.

That's where things went to...

B8453F49-E56B-4C07-B3EB-F8282C0E7A18_zpsfgra9qpt.jpg

it seems the person running the estate sale got several calls about the big books and a buyer who wanted to buy "4 books" so she decided it was best to combine all the keys in the pictures and sell them as an auction.

nowhere was this mentioned in the ad, and it took me and the other person there buying the comics by complete surprise.

I asked if there was a buy it now for the books, she said no but I was welcome to throw an offer. The current offer was $1450.

I looked at the books, the JLA 1 had water stains, some of the other books had foxing.

The FF48 was a VG at best (lost of spine tear, tearing at the staples)

In summation, not worth the $1450 bid price IMHO

I looked at the books in the box (that I had taken), split them with the other collector who was there buying books (he was very happy) and left.

I was upset that we wasted all that time trying to buy books that were unavailable for purchase but did walk away with some books

ED02E3AA-6A1C-4AC9-9655-C0B47057BF05_zpsu5usmyrg.jpgD11E13F0-B850-4033-9E5A-0F1B5F19C90F_zpssiqz4igz.jpg

thx - I figured they (the posters) were the sleepers of the haul - just the age and the surface quality

my assumption - they are rolled up now - professional mounting would not hurt the value? - like "the great frame up"

someone asked - there were around 40 of the magazine sized "savage sword of Conan" series - in decent shape 6.0 to 8.0 - maybe better if

ranged form 80-200 with a run from 100-126 in there.

Edited by W16227