• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

Here's the trades...I've seen the Batman Guantlet book has sold for good change on ebay? I might keep that one in my collection, also 6 of those books are hardcovers in beautiful shape!

Batman Arkham Asylum is probably your best book pictured if that's the hardcover.

make sure it's a 1st print

Here's the trades...I've seen the Batman Guantlet book has sold for good change on ebay? I might keep that one in my collection, also 6 of those books are hardcovers in beautiful shape!

photo2_zpseccb6488.jpg

Batman Arkham Asylum is probably your best book pictured if that's the hardcover.

Okay, thanks.

make sure it's a 1st print

How do you check printing on trades, the barcode?

Nothing that I've found, but a heads-up on some nice books on CL I spotted. I'd go grab them myself, but I can't drive that far down south due to family issues. Anyway, any South Michigan boardies might be interested in:

http://flint.craigslist.org/bks/4624251590.html

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/bks/4623766650.html

If anyone snags 'em, let me know.

' I am also firm on my price so don't ask I took them to a comic shop to see what they were worth and they said as a lot 120 was fair I want them gone asap "

why didn't they just sell them to the LCS?

Yeah, no clue. Probably thought he could get more, walked out, never got around to selling them and didn't want to go back to the LCS. People are weird (especially on CL).

And yeah, that Bats in that photo is so out of place among all that other junk. "I bought a lot of crappy Harvey comics as a kid and one awesome Batman."

I realize most here have read and owned the books mostly referred to as drek - with some exceptions of course in that modern grouping---

my question-- do you have those books still or do you simply pass them by as they have no value from a flipping or other use standpoint?

also-- how easy is it to grab a great deal on a long box of the more interesting drek?

Since I'm pretty broke right now...I've been focused on collecting cool or meaningful drek.

I've got all the 80s-90s X-Books #1s, some cool covers like ASM #306 (AC #1 swipe), and some drek that may be valuable in the very near future (New Warriors #1 maybe?)

Most of what was in the box I referred to as drek were comics centering around the resurrection of Superman after his death in the 90's. If these are in VF-M conditions I put them in bags and boards and sell them out of $1.00 boxes. Someone somewhere wants them.

Went up to Welfleet, MA on Cape Cod over the weekend and I popped into the flea market at the Drive-in in South Welfleet on Saturday before heading to the beach. It's pretty cool and has some interesting stuff to check out.

I wandered around and found a number of tables with mostly 90's drek that was, for the most part, well over guide. I did find one table where the guy had some low grade stuff in poly bags. Didn't have a lot of time so I didn't take them out of the bags

I picked up:

(Mid 70's series)

Dr Strange #1 G maybe G-

#2 VG+

#3 F

#4 F/VF

#6 VF/NM

There was also a Daredevil #111 that was low grade with ink on the cover. Unfortunately that one was mostly detached from the cover and missing the marvel value stamp. :tonofbricks: Over all at a little over $1 an issue I did okay.

Will post a pic later.

El-zippo for me this weekend. Answered one CL ad, went and saw a big batch, about 3,000 comics and trades, from late 80s to late 90s. They weren't very well taken care of to boot, not in tilte/number order, not many bagged and boarded. A real reader's collection if ever there was one, which isn't a bad thing at all but not what I was looking for. In any event, it was an all or nothing deal, so it was nothing for me.

Making a 2-hour one-way drive on Friday morning to check out a 1,000+ book collection. He's got lots of glut books, but in some of the pictures I see early 70's X-Men and ASM. Hopefully I can get the lot for a reasonable price. I know there was an ASM #238 hiding in one of the pics. The fact that it wasn't front-and-center means there could be more stuff "hiding" amongst the Spawn/PITT/Maxx/Deathmates.

Peace,

Chip