• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting garage sale find(by my mom)

26 posts in this topic

Mom calls me last summer and says she's at this garage sale and there are some comicbooks should I buy them? I said well yes , what kind of question is that???(25 cents each) . They live in Michigan so I had to wait awhile to go thru them , she told me some titles like superman, groo the wanderer, nothing exciting. I go up on vacation and get them this spring and most are 90's titles so I put them up and forget about them. BUT....

today I am bored and looking for something to read and go thru them again and cant believe my eyes when I see hippies...never heard of this title till now

freak1.jpg

freak2.jpg

freak3.jpg

freak4.jpg

freak5.jpg

Mom calls me last summer and says she's at this garage sale and there are some comicbooks should I buy them? I said well yes , what kind of question is that???(25 cents each) . They live in Michigan so I had to wait awhile to go thru them , she told me some titles like superman, groo the wanderer, nothing exciting. I go up on vacation and get them this spring and most are 90's titles so I put them up and forget about them. BUT....

today I am bored and looking for something to read and go thru them again and cant believe my eyes when I see hippies...never heard of this title till now

You've never heard of The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers? Yikes

Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope!

I love the cockroachs and Fat Freddy's Cat - they're always getting squashed, and General Cockroach remarks, "plenty more where they came from."

:roflmao:

Boy are you making me feel old. "Grass Roots" (Freak Brothers 5) is about as good as comics get.

BTW you have a 12th printing 1, 8th printing 2, 4th printing 3, and 1st printing 4 and 5.

Underground Comix thread, try not to get addicted.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3020813&fpart=1

The Freak Brothers Omnibus recently came out, the Fat Freddy's Cat Omnibus should be out soon.

Who is making the Omnibus's?

Knockabout, due out this week (06 Aug. 2009).

http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Freddys-Omnibus-Gilbert-Shelton/dp/0861661613/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249276830&sr=8-1

Boy are you making me feel old. "Grass Roots" (Freak Brothers 5) is about as good as comics get.

BTW you have a 12th printing 1, 8th printing 2, 4th printing 3, and 1st printing 4 and 5.

"Grass Roots" is awesome, but i've never laughed as hard as when i read "The Parakeet that Outwitted the DEA" the first time

others09.gif