• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spiderman #1 sighting !!

67 posts in this topic

I'm just suprised your mom let you keep all those books around for so long. I had an incredible collection of Star Wars toys when I was a kid. Once I got older my mom put them in a garbage bag and set them out on trash day.

I like to show her how much they are worth now...my little bit of revenge.

Great picture..That DD just above your head looks really nice. (thumbs u

Hi Danny. How ya been? Yea, theres a few DareDevils in there. Prob alot more that don't show. Did you notice that FF annual #1 at the very top. Wish I still had that one.

1. Any idea what month in 1973 this was taken ?

2. What happened to your buddy ?

3. Look how gingerly you are holding the edge of the Spidey # 1 ?

4. How did the Spidey # 1 fall by the wayside ?

COOL PICTURE !!!!!!

1. Nope.....no idea. I don't even know if it WAS 1973 :/

2. See above post (pg.2 of thread) He lives in St. Louis now.

3. To be honest, I believe I was holding it like that so that the cover would show in the picture, not cuz I didn't wanna touch it. I have always read all my comics......carefully

4. I sold it for $40 not too many years after this. Hey, we all make mistakes :blush:

Thanks !! (thumbs u

fantastic photo, Mike. :applause:

Ducks and SA Marvel. :cloud9:

Thanks Nate. Yea, we were really into Disneys and Carl Barks stuff in those years. I know when I had the Spidey #1, I also had #3 and #7 up. I was only down issues #2, #4, #5,and #6 which I never did score. Those stacks of books on their sides are probably full of 60's Marvel and DC goodness :cloud9:

earlycomicpicmeandjack.jpg

What are the squarebound books in the back?

Those would be MAD paperbacks. Jacks brother had a bunch of em.

Looks like a GRR since there's no 12c circle on the cover. Is that what you remember? What happened to the record?

earlypicwith12cent.jpg

Have you been getting enough carrots in your diet?? :baiting: