• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To make things right!

467 posts in this topic

I'm not looking to pizz on anybody's parade, or looking for any flaming/trolling, or looking for a strike, but I believe that once someone got into "The Hall of Shame" there was no out. It was for repeat offenders, or particularly heinous ones like AlleyBat.

Agian I have no axe to grind. I've gotten all the stuff I've ever ordered from CS.

Come on, man, you really seem like you want to fix it, and do things better! You CAN DO IT!

:wishluck:

I'm wishing he will as well. At least the first step has been taken.

Im thinking RMA was being totally sarcastic.

But I think CS should make things right and start from scratch. You would have a better chance starting over than trying to save your name.

I was not being sarcastic in any way, althought I don't fault Res for thinking that..it is my raison d'etre. But no, in this case, I'm dead serious. If the guy genuinely wants to succeed, he can, but he has to avoid making the same mistakes that got him here.

The mods must be asleep if this thread is still alive!

...I believe that once someone got into "The Hall of Shame" there was no out. It was for repeat offenders, or particularly heinous ones like AlleyBat.

That's exactly what I thought as well.

...I believe that once someone got into "The Hall of Shame" there was no out. It was for repeat offenders, or particularly heinous ones like AlleyBat.

That's exactly what I thought as well.

+ 2

Maybe we can get a clarification how the Probation List rules work.

Probation List clarification

If you and I have had a BOARD transaction that wasn't handled.

Please post it or PM me so I can handle it.

If it wasn't a transaction through the boards, that was through my website please email me through your order.

The probation list is for BOARD TRANSACTIONS not transactions outside of the boards.

I didn't read the whole thread but, come on, give me a break.

There have bee multiple threads (over many years) regarding your business.... numerous "unsatisfied" customers.

Is there a conspiracy against you? Doubtful.

All the stuff I've read (and, believe you me, I've read them all), you want everyone to feel sorry for you.

Suck it up, quit being a puzzy, and man up!

You always blame it on someone else. It's never your fault. In my (life) experience, when someone is "in the wrong", and their excuse is that it's "everyone else", it's not. It's your fault. Own up.

Easy to blame everyone else for your shortcomings. You tried to run a business. You failed. Perhaps some of it can be attributed to programming issues but, as a business, the onus is still on you. Fix it.

I remember back when you started out....everyone was very pleased with your service. When the service dropped a bit, you were given the benefit of the doubt. You still didn't make good. That's on YOU!

Hope it was worth it. What you have here is a community that's willing (and able) to really help a business succeed. Yes it can be harsh/cruel at times, but we're ready to "help a brutha out". You weren't able to make good on it all.

Your intentions may have been good (great). You don't have the business accumen to see it thru. I know that sounds harsh. It's not. I don't have the accumen to pull it off either. But I do have the smarts to know I can't handle it.

Just bow out, Russ. Your time here is done.

Chris,

I am just trying to right the wrongs here.

I don't need any more comments from you or anyone as I have digested it all and know what I have to do.

I know that you feel important and worthwhile for saying all this, but it's already been said. The other guys beat you to the punch.

We have seen this song and dance before. zzz You rip people off and disappear for a while. Then you come back and make all right, and then you do it all over again.

You must think we're a bunch of insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. hm

This isn't directed at anybody in particular, but this thread was started with apparent good intentions.

Why not give it a rest and let Russ try to do right here to those who have a legitimate beef with him?

At least heckle in the other thread, if you feel you must.

And, no, I have no dog in this fight.

This isn't directed at anybody in particular, but this thread was started with apparent good intentions.

Why not give it a rest and let Russ try to do right here to those who have a legitimate beef with him?

What exactly were these "good intentions" you speak of.

Good intentions in my book would be starting a thread asking people who have been wronged to please step forward and telling them I will make it right.

Good intentions in my book would be being humble and apologetic and asking folks for the opportunity to do right by them.

Did you read the first post of this thread?

It reads like a big "F-you!" to everybody. He basically started a thread to tell people that even though he's screwed people over, he doesn't feel he should be on the probation list because he screwed them over through another venue. At least that's how I took it.

Good intentions in my book would be starting a thread asking people who have been wronged to please step forward and telling them I will make it right.

Good intentions in my book would be being humble and apologetic and asking folks for the opportunity to do right by them.

It reads like a big "F-you!" to everybody. He basically started a thread to tell people that even though he's screwed people over, he doesn't feel he should be on the probation list because he screwed them over through another venue. At least that's how I took it.

That's exactly what I thought this thread was about.

Does he owe you merchandise or a refund?

If so, this seems like a chance to semi-publicly resolve it.

If not, really...give it a rest.

That's how I took it too. I think that if board members vote anybody onto the prohabition/Hall of Shame list, as long as it isn't just spite or lie, then whether or not that transaction was done solely through the boards, it should stand. I think it is a good thing to have any comic dealer that repeatedly wrongs customers to be on that list in order to warn other board members.

Russ, I hope this time you are genuine in wanting to make things right and only through that clear you name, but if this is just another rinse and repeat (as other board members believe) then please don't waste your and everyone's time.

Hope for the best for those wronged.

I think if Russ were to be removed from the probation list and he start posting

items for sale in the sales threads that act would cause the threads themselves to

crumble...

I say this because those threads are based on key trust, and there are few people on

these boards that trust Russ and his known ability to fumble a sale by "forgetting about it".

I SAY NO! and I hope everyone else does the same.

If he wants to sell then he should do it off his sight alone! There are just too many people

that got burned by him here, and who knows how many hundreds that he hosed over that

didn't have a voice on a board set somewhere to ban him from.

Him!

:sumo:

That's exactly how I read it as well.

Maybe that wasn't the intent, but that was the perception.

I probably shouldn't have said a word as I've never ordered anything from CS. Based on the horror stories over th eyears, I won't be doing it anytime soon (re: ever).

Just putting forth my experiences with those who always blame others when things don't go their way. Always someone else's fault; never their own.

Russ, you may be a great guy with the best intentions. As they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.You're not cut out to "play this game".

Make good with those that are still hanging. That's all you've got.

Because this isn't the first (or even second) time. It's a pattern of unacceptable behavior (and "shame on us" for allowing it to continue).

Still, no excuse for what seems to be (based on recent posts) a combination of laziness and apathy on the part of Comic Supply.

If you and I have had a BOARD transaction that wasn't handled.

Please post it or PM me so I can handle it.

If it wasn't a transaction through the boards, that was through my website please email me through your order.

The probation list is for BOARD TRANSACTIONS not transactions outside of the boards.

Exactly.

This isn't about ComicSupply trying to take care of customers that he wronged in the past because it's the right thing to do.

This is about ComicSupply trying to get himself taken off of the probabation list so he can start selling freely in here again.

That's it...plain and simple. It's a selfish and self-serving act and he has only one motivation for doing it.

Simple question Russ: why did you "lose track of" so many orders? It wasn't just the occasional order, but many, many orders. So what happened? Yes you screwed up...you've said that already. But what is it about you that makes it hard for you to live up to obligations? And is there any reason for people to think something has changd about you?

We have seen this song and dance before. zzz You rip people off and disappear for a while. Then you come back and make all right, and then you do it all over again.

You must think we're a bunch of insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. hm

I'll create one post, and one only, on the already too many Comicsupply threads going on. The above is 100 percent spot on the money. There's a reason why all the sudden he comes back to the boards after a couple years away and it just so happens to coincide with him sending out multiple emails and starting numerous website "sales". He wants business.. so he can continue to provide poor customer service (which some of you will gladly accept because.. "well in the end you got your order"), excuses, and eventually complete shutdown in correspondence/accessibility. This has been his MO since day 1 things might go good for a while.. most people might get their orders on time or slightly delayed (oh you didn't get that order on time? umm.. the supplies you ordered were backlogged and we never decided to tell you) then eventually 1 or 2 orders will go unshipped.. then more.. then eventually you'll see more people coming on to the forums asking who has dealt with Comicsupply and how they can get their money back. Save yourself the trouble. It's not worth the slight savings you might have if you eventually have to chargeback your CC (hopefully you use one, O/W you're probably SoL) after you've waited 6 months and no response to emails and no orders being shipped.

John,

It isn't like we forgot 1500 orders. We get around 300-400 a month, and some I lose track of, or mis ship things, or ship the wrong things etc. So far, I have 4 people who I have outstanding issues with on these boards.

It isn't the random epidemic some like to make it out to be.