• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Project Sketch Cover Megathread

4,091 posts in this topic

Here's a pic I snapped this weekend of Chris's (ffcomics) Humberto Ramos sketch.

IMG_6507.jpg

Usually, I really don't care for Ramos' style, but he's doing some sweeeeet sketches!

:applause:

He was knocking it out of the ballpark this weekend. And Laura Martin was evidently the perfect choice for coloring his sketches!

lol Looks like the "Others" agreed with you about keeping all of the potential flame-war chat out of this thread as well Arjuna!

Beware! They are watching! lol

Anyhow, you need to get to posting more pics of those SICK sketches you snagged up!

Hey guys great looking pieces. I am now inspired to get my own copies sketched. A couple questions though.

On the raw copies, will CGC still include these as SS? I thought they had to be witnessed and submitted there.

On average what are some rough estimates on costs for the sketches?

Hey guys great looking pieces. I am now inspired to get my own copies sketched. A couple questions though.

On the raw copies, will CGC still include these as SS? I thought they had to be witnessed and submitted there.

On average what are some rough estimates on costs for the sketches?

Welcome to the boards!

Most of the raw copies you see are scans that official witnesses have made and sent to the owners of the book. The raw books are generally either in the possession of a witness or at the CGC for grading. So yes, they'll be included in the Signature Series line.

As for the cost of sketches, it varies. Some artists don't charge for any sketch, others wouldn't do a headsketch for less than $200. If you've got some names in mind, we can go from there.

lol ...i don't know but i'm pretty sure he's a different guy lol ...i'll get some up tomorrow night... however Peter Palmer was kind enough to send me scans of my sketches... first two are Golden... then Leibelman... then Scott... and finally Ramos... not the Humberto one lol he had a sign at his booth that said that lol ...

MarvelsProject1-GoldenCap.jpg

MarvelsProject1-GoldenWolverine.jpg

MarvelsProject1-LiebelmanThor.jpg

MarvelsProject1-ScottJuggernaut.jpg

MarvelsProject1-RamosHarleyQuinn.jpg

:o oh wow..very well done. You have some majorly awesome sketches here. I have to say, my PERSONAL favorite favorite is the Harley Quinn ;):applause: very good stuff !