• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Project Sketch Cover Megathread

4,091 posts in this topic

lol ...i don't know but i'm pretty sure he's a different guy lol ...i'll get some up tomorrow night... however Peter Palmer was kind enough to send me scans of my sketches... first two are Golden... then Leibelman... then Scott... and finally Ramos... not the Humberto one lol he had a sign at his booth that said that lol ...

Is it Rodney Ramos? It looks like his style. I got a Cap from him in KC this year. He was really funny and really nice.

lol ...i don't know but i'm pretty sure he's a different guy lol ...i'll get some up tomorrow night... however Peter Palmer was kind enough to send me scans of my sketches... first two are Golden... then Leibelman... then Scott... and finally Ramos... not the Humberto one lol he had a sign at his booth that said that lol ...

Is it Rodney Ramos? It looks like his style. I got a Cap from him in KC this year. He was really funny and really nice.

yeah it was Rodney... very funny guy and easy to talk to... and the Harley Q. was great!

that Thor is sweet!

(thumbs u

...forgot one... G.W. Fisher a full page sketch and ink... think i'm getting it colored tomorrow!

Ummm... when you say full page sketch & ink by G.W.Fisher, you mean not a cover, right? Be careful dealing w/ G.W.

If it's not a sketch on a book or something you watch him sketch yourself, be wary. He sold me an "original" Shi & then turned around a year later & sold JS an identical piece calling it "original". When the friend showed G.W. mine, he said that mine must have been a copy. So we confronted him together & he backtracked saying he didn't know how it happened & sent my friend a new 2 page connecting "original" to make up for it. (me nothing, of course). This was 6yrs ago. Last year my friend, Scott L, bought some of G.W.s "inks" over copies of Bendis & other big name artists & took the pieces to have them painted by a friend so he could sell them. When the friend casually mentioned to Bendis that she was painting some of his work, it turned out that G.W. hadn't permission to do inks over a copies (not originals, but copies) of his works. By this time, Scott's friend had already painted them, but she refused to sign them so she wouldn't off the original artist & break any laws. She only returned the finished product to Scott because they were friends, but pleaded w/ him not to tell who painted them or try to sell them. So now, here Scott was left w/ a couple of thousand dollars worth into art that he had originally intended to sell, but clearly their value plummeted all because GWF sells inks over unauthorized copies @ conventions.

Just a friendly fyi.

Here is my Humberto Ramos Spidey from Dragon Con :)

It was great hanging out with Adam (Peter Palmer) and his girlfriend (Gwen Stacey), and Jesse (Ashsaytr), as well as my Walking Dead crew! (worship)

DSC00002.jpg