• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where should I buy my new monthly comics?

14 posts in this topic

I buy my comics with MHC at the moment but they started to come damaged. They added bags and board for $0,20, but this pushed my postage up 100% and more to Belgium. Worst, last delivery... damaged books (about 20% of them)... And try to get them answer mails....

SO I am looking for a better place to get my books

This is what I am looking for

Need to be posted to Belgium

I order somewhere between 50 and 100 books every month

Looking for good discount on cover price

Bagged and boarded

Fair postage price

Easy online order form (subscription, singles)

NO DAMAGED goods

and if possible send out variants (I would not like a company that keeps variants to sell for more, but one that just adds them when they are there. MHC does this, so I have been lucky with that a couple of times)

So where should I take my business?

This is where I get my SO from delivered straight to my door. Marc's a stand up guy and his books are always in top condition. Postage should be pretty easy to swallow from the UK too.

if you check out the SO page he scans in every page of Previews relevant to the books listed. He also attends a lot of comic marts and cons and has always sourced books for me that I'm looking for. A quick text with the price if he finds it and a quick yes or no back. Top stuff.

If you email him tell him Gav sent you (thumbs u

Wow, I bet they don't give you a discount either. Some small places I know like ME (I own a LCS) would love to have this business and give it the personal packing attention it needs. No online order form though and shipping prices at cost. I am sure MHC gets tons of each title but sometimes stuff I get comes to me damaged from diamond. They are getting worse too.

I use dcbservice.com for my monthly comics. I don't know if they ship internationally. Bags and Boards are .20 per I think. Most of their books are 40% off cover and can be up to 75% on new books or specials.

They are great with customer service. I've had a problem witha comic or two that I ordered. Told them about it and they put the replacements in my stack and sent them with the next shipment. Didn't have to send mine back to them.

our mail order is 35% off cover with free bags and boards (works out to about the same as 40% no bags/boards, but since we are primarily mail order, comics need the bags and boards for transit protection)...monthly orders are typically just emailed (or cut and paste from www.diamondcomics.com)

we never invested in a fancy online order system, but chose to pass savings on...

we include variants at same discount, if available (though, naturally, we can't take requests, but we NEVER sell them at more than 35% off)...

when the USPS offered surface mail options, we did a lot of international business...right now, though, with priority flat rate boxes the only "real" choice, shipping is expensive overseas, but we only charge exactly what the PO charges...

I also use(d) DCBS and never had a problem with them while I was still ordering on a monthly basis. I stopped ordering in March or so of this year and I have a fair number of 'pending' items. They have them in hand, but I guess are waiting for more items before shipping. I've asked them twice to either ship out what they have or cancel the items since I don't want to be stuck with an order I'll receive in six months. Sadly, they are not responding to my request. I suppose they consider since I no longer order I'm not important. :(

Funny - I finally received a response to my email from DCBS this morning. hm Just wanted to pass it along.

I really do (did) like these folks. You can choose to have your books shipped in mylites and full backs if you so choose - nice service. They also offer all variants and covers at a pretty good discount. (thumbs u

If I was still ordering every month - I would still be using them.

Wow, I bet they don't give you a discount either. Some small places I know like ME (I own a LCS) would love to have this business and give it the personal packing attention it needs. No online order form though and shipping prices at cost. I am sure MHC gets tons of each title but sometimes stuff I get comes to me damaged from diamond. They are getting worse too.

They're cheaper than the LCS and the books are in better shape. Good enough for me.

I buy my comics with MHC at the moment but they started to come damaged. They added bags and board for $0,20, but this pushed my postage up 100% and more to Belgium. Worst, last delivery... damaged books (about 20% of them)... And try to get them answer mails....

SO I am looking for a better place to get my books

This is what I am looking for

Need to be posted to Belgium

I order somewhere between 50 and 100 books every month

Lookisng for good discount on cover price

Bagged and boarded

Fair postage price

Easy online order form (subscription, singles)

NO DAMAGED goods

and if possible send out variants (I would not like a company that keeps variants to sell for more, but one that just adds them when they are there. MHC does this, so I have been lucky with that a couple of time)

So where should I take my business?

I think I have a source to hook you up...will let you know if I can deliver.

Should know tomorrow

If there is any way that you can commute to Houston I can save you 100% on shipping (thumbs u

I order my comics through comicana in the UK. They provide the cheapest rate (cheaper than FP's standing order rate) in the UK and as far as i know a very cheap (same as UK prices) postage service to Europe.