• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so what are the chances this guy has these books...

19 posts in this topic

Zero FB and using 'vol' instead of 'issue'? That's not a chance I'm willing to take. Sure, there's a possibility that he inherited them (since he certainly didn't sub them himself), but...

Paging someone else, I'm not posting my anti-scamming stories on the boards anymore. Too many nancies screaming that I'm being too mean. Don't worry though, I've been active.

Since when do you care about Nancy?

ohhhh...I'm telling...

Hey Lauren!!!

:baiting:

Paging someone else, I'm not posting my anti-scamming stories on the boards anymore. Too many nancies screaming that I'm being too mean. Don't worry though, I've been active.

I for one thought it was funny.But thats just me.Carry on soldier :acclaim:

Not that I would take the chance, but if I were a betting man, I would say he has them. Now where he got them, that could be an issue.

well id like to think that scammers know how to list their product, but the zero feedback is a problem for me. The books are semi low grades so it is possible.

Okay....here's what I think:

0 FB but in Columbus, OH. Ask him if you can do pickup.

Using "volume" instead of "issue" is a very common comics newbie mistake.

Starting his prices at what his min price is instead of at $0.01 seems to lend some legitimacy as well.

Try to remember that not everyone, and this includes people who use their webcams to take comic auction photos are sophisticated comic sellers. He could have them for a multitude of reasons. Ask for a phone number so that you can call him with questions as well. If not a scammer, then a phone number should be readily available. If you talk to him on the phone and anything seems off then you might back off.

One of the first comics I ever sold on eBay was Silver Surfer 1 and I had less than ten feedback, the book sold for 7x what I paid for it and I didn't even have a picture of it. Just a very detailed description of it including the print on the title page and describing a spine split long before I knew what a spine split was. The buyer was extremely happy with the purchase. With that sale I bought a scanner and about 20 more comics to re-sell. Of course this was seven or eight years ago before every sale of every book was viewed through a lens of skepticism.

You're too mean, you big doodyhead poopoo face.

You're too mean, you big doodyhead poopoo face.

:mad: had a bad day yesterday.

Okay....here's what I think:

0 FB but in Columbus, OH. Ask him if you can do pickup.

Using "volume" instead of "issue" is a very common comics newbie mistake.

Starting his prices at what his min price is instead of at $0.01 seems to lend some legitimacy as well.

Try to remember that not everyone, and this includes people who use their webcams to take comic auction photos are sophisticated comic sellers. He could have them for a multitude of reasons. Ask for a phone number so that you can call him with questions as well. If not a scammer, then a phone number should be readily available. If you talk to him on the phone and anything seems off then you might back off.

One of the first comics I ever sold on eBay was Silver Surfer 1 and I had less than ten feedback, the book sold for 7x what I paid for it and I didn't even have a picture of it. Just a very detailed description of it including the print on the title page and describing a spine split long before I knew what a spine split was. The buyer was extremely happy with the purchase. With that sale I bought a scanner and about 20 more comics to re-sell. Of course this was seven or eight years ago before every sale of every book was viewed through a lens of skepticism.

+1. Those photos look like those of somebody who doesn't know how to present comics for sale on ebay, and they also look legit, as opposed to photos stolen from another auction.

Dear olivsquirt80,

Will you take cash in person if I come and pick up your comics that you have for sale? Also do you have a phone number where I can call you, I'd like a little more information. Thanks.

- comicalgems

The Amazing Spiderman Vol. 14

Item Id: 160356908863

End time: Aug-24-09 11:21:12 PDT

Buyer:

comicalgems (24)

100.0% Positive Feedback

Member since Mar-27-04 in United States

Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was active.

Dear olivsquirt80,

Will you take cash in person if I come and pick up your comics that you have for sale? Also do you have a phone number where I can call you, I'd like a little more information. Thanks.

- comicalgems

The Amazing Spiderman Vol. 14

Item Id: 160356908863

End time: Aug-24-09 11:21:12 PDT

Buyer:

comicalgems (24)

100.0% Positive Feedback

Member since Mar-27-04 in United States

Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was active.

Dear comicalgems,

you can contact me 6153000900