• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the most you've spent on one piece of art (cash!)?

Highest You've Paid for One Piece of OA (cash, no trade):  

555 members have voted

1. 1. Highest You've Paid for One Piece of OA (cash, no trade):

188 posts in this topic

Haha, what a fun suggestion Malvin! Trouble is, I have a fair number of gifts (not necessarily marked as such) in my collection which are easily worth more than my highest paid price!

Plus there are a number of pieces which I'm sure many of us have purchased quite some years ago which have now increased in value.

Eg. I bought 2 Adam Hughes pieces (including a published trading card piece) years back from Adam for around US$150.00 and Adam threw in a free piece - any one of those is worth well over my highest price paid :) Plus my first ever art purchase was the Marshall Rogers Daughters of the Dragon splash page which I bought for AUS$150.00. Best,

Royd

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=111

I'll admit it:

501 - 1000. But that should be changing here in a couple of weeks. :P

Think the most cash I paid for one piece was $750.

Laters.

-Will

Same here (except I won't be breaking that anytime soon). Same amount as well.

I think it's the only comic art/book/item I've ever spent over $500 on.

Haha, what a fun suggestion Malvin! Trouble is, I have a fair number of gifts (not necessarily marked as such) in my collection which are easily worth more than my highest paid price!

Plus there are a number of pieces which I'm sure many of us have purchased quite some years ago which have now increased in value.

Eg. I bought 2 Adam Hughes pieces (including a published trading card piece) years back from Adam for around US$150.00 and Adam threw in a free piece - any one of those is worth well over my highest price paid :) Plus my first ever art purchase was the Marshall Rogers Daughters of the Dragon splash page which I bought for AUS$150.00. Best,

Royd

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=111

That's part of the fun Royd! You have to know the collector, and get a feel for when they bought their pieces, b/c what they paid the most is not necessarily their most valuable piece!

Malvin

Glad to see we're all having some fun here with this poll. I for one can't wait to see the results!

I'm ready to go past my max if a board member ever wants to sell his Nightcrawler splash :whistle:

Glad to see we're all having some fun here with this poll. I for one can't wait to see the results!

I'm ready to go past my max if a board member ever wants to sell his Nightcrawler splash :whistle:

Well, if I see him, I'll ask him for ya.

I put down 10,000-20,000 though I am not sure I would ever do it again.

Most of the art I own now, was anywhere from $100-$6000. Buying a small $ piece doesn't mean it's not good enough for a collection, as long as you love it (thumbs u

:gossip:If I were rich enough, I'd buy all my favorite pieces no matter the price :)

I still haven't broken the $5K barrier, most I spent was $4500 on a piece last year. I have a side question. I find I have a psychological barrier when it comes to buying art. There is a certain amount I will go up to when buying a piece beyond that the piece has to be something very special. Has to hold a special nostalgia or a great example by a particular artist. That barrier for me is $2500. Does anyone else find they have a similar psychological barrier?

I put down 10,000-20,000 though I am not sure I would ever do it again.

Most of the art I own now, was anywhere from $100-$6000. Buying a small $ piece doesn't mean it's not good enough for a collection, as long as you love it (thumbs u

:gossip:If I were rich enough, I'd buy all my favorite pieces no matter the price :)

You still looking for that Wanted page? hm

You know I'd hook you up.

By the way: MAN does cyber-money (Paypal, Credit cards, Billpay) make it easy to get carried away. I think that's the reason I frequently leave San Diego without anything big. When you're there in person and handing some guy C-notes, it's easy to get freaked out

QUOTED FOR TRUTH

to date havent spent more than 4k on one piece. but i dont think i ever wouldve bought it if paying in literally hard dollars out of my pocket.