• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the most you've spent on one piece of art (cash!)?

Highest You've Paid for One Piece of OA (cash, no trade):  

555 members have voted

1. 1. Highest You've Paid for One Piece of OA (cash, no trade):

188 posts in this topic

Only Ceo's or ppl with no life can afford to pay in the thousands for OA.

But it all comes down to what you're willing to pay for something since there isn't anything 100% accurate to tie a sale, unless it's a piece being resold. Then

again that isn't always 100% accurate either.

WHAT?!

Many people here "have a life" and are not CEO's (me, being one). That was an offensive post.

I buy art because I love it. I forgo expensive cars, watches, jewelry, giant t.v's, etc, because I would rather have art. But please do not tell me I have no life, I actually live it well: FAMILY, FRIENDS, MUSIC, COMICS, and A LOT OF LOVE AND LAUGHTER.

Not big on sports, but maybe only people into sports "have a life" doh!

But it all comes down to what you're willing to pay for something since there isn't anything 100% accurate to tie a sale, unless it's a piece being resold. Then

fail.jpg

fail.jpg

I agree...only moreso, one of the most clueless things I have ever seen posted.

epic_fail.jpg

WHAT?!

Many people here "have a life" and are not CEO's (me, being one). That was an offensive post.

I buy art because I love it. I forgo expensive cars, watches, jewelry, giant t.v's, etc, because I would rather have art. But please do not tell me I have no life, I actually live it well: FAMILY, FRIENDS, MUSIC, COMICS, and A LOT OF LOVE AND LAUGHTER.

Yeah, I guess my words were a little off...but the point is very few ppl can afford expensive art in the $50k plus range.

I find the sports comment comical because I have a sense of humor. But like anything else it all gets less exciting over time. If it didn't then nothing would

evolve.

WHAT?!

Yeah, I guess my words were a little off...but the point is very few ppl can afford expensive art in the $50k plus range.

I find the sports comment comical because I have a sense of humor. But like anything else it all gets less exciting over time. If it didn't then nothing would

evolve.

Hi BucOne,

You have to be careful with humor on-line, as it only comes through when (a) written down perfectly without potential alternate meaning or (b) everyone here knows you personally, or © you put a smiley face at the end of it. That final choice would save you some grief.

I agree that very few people can afford 50K plus pieces, but that's the same with every purchase in life, i.e. very few can purchase 50K plus cars. That doesn't mean it doesn't (or shouldn't) happen.

Hence, the point of the poll.

Best,

Hari

Way less than $500 for me, to treat myself to this Harry Roland , "The Land That Time Forgot" orignal:

HarryRolandTheLandThatTimeForgot.jpg

*14"x18" on foamboard

:cloud9:

... and lots of comic art in the $20-$60 range and a few Kirscht-o'ween painted originals in the $100-$125 range. ;)

I certainly appreciate high-quality items, but I just can't bring myself to spend even a $500+ amt. on that kind of thing -- comics included. 2c

Great Piece!

The most I paid was for my Jungle Action cover at $5k plus change for shipping. Still my favorite piece in my collecion, largely due to me remembering buying off the newsstand as a young kid. One of our fellow formites worked with me on the price and time payments on it otherwise I wouldn't of been able to get it.

jungle_action_23.jpg

Back when I was in my cover craze, I paid $10K for one piece and offered $15K for another but was turned down. This is back when average 70's superhero covers were in the $2500 range. In the last few years I guess the most I've paid was $10K but that was something that I really liked and a great opportunity. Just got turned down on an $8K offer for something else. For the most part though, most pieces I buy are under the $2K level. Some way, way under!

Ruben

http://www.collectingfool.com

Great Piece!

Hey, thanks! (thumbs u

The most I paid was for my Jungle Action cover. Still my favorite piece in my collecion.

Oye, not THAT cover piece again... ;)

Sweet~Sassy! :golfclap:

Yeah, I know, talk about a horse that has been beat to death!

(I still love it!)

You are quite welcome! I was happy to work with you on that one, and glad you are still enjoying it! Dan

Great Piece!

The most I paid was for my Jungle Action cover at $5k plus change for shipping. Still my favorite piece in my collecion, largely due to me remembering buying off the newsstand as a young kid. One of our fellow formites worked with me on the price and time payments on it otherwise I wouldn't of been able to get it.

jungle_action_23.jpg

Great Piece!

jungle_action_23.jpg

Nice! (thumbs u