• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the most you've spent on one piece of art (cash!)?

Highest You've Paid for One Piece of OA (cash, no trade):  

555 members have voted

1. 1. Highest You've Paid for One Piece of OA (cash, no trade):

188 posts in this topic

You know, I was just thinking why hasn't KK joined up and posted in this thread? He usually lives for this type of thing.

Well, the poll is anonymous, so what`s the point of lying anonymously?

You know, I was just thinking why hasn't KK joined up and posted in this thread? He usually lives for this type of thing.

Well, the poll is anonymous, so what`s the point of lying anonymously?

And there's no check box for agreeing to a binding contract to purchase a piece of art and then breaching the deal....

It is very interesting, now that the results are in, to see that almost 70% of those that voted said that they have spent more than $1000 on a pice of art. That is certainly a much higher percentage than I was expecting. hm

Also, almost 200 people have voted, which is a pretty good sample!

If all of the deletions were actually instigated by a moderator, then I must sadly say that I have no use for this forum. Once the personal flame war nonsense was snuffed out, there was NOTHING said by any poster from Dan Foreman or anyone else that in ANY WAY warranted deletion. I want and expect an explanation from the moderator as to why a discussion was CENSORED in this forum. I will not waste my time here if normal discussion is at risk of deletion arbitrarily on a whim. This truly sucks.

Scott Williams

In fairness they are usually pretty good. This is the first time I can remember what I thought was a civil discourse being deleted. It usually has to get pretty nasty before they step in.

Dan Maresca (since I know you like knowing who you're speaking to :) )

If all of the deletions were actually instigated by a moderator, then I must sadly say that I have no use for this forum. Once the personal flame war nonsense was snuffed out, there was NOTHING said by any poster from Dan Foreman or anyone else that in ANY WAY warranted deletion. I want and expect an explanation from the moderator as to why a discussion was CENSORED in this forum. I will not waste my time here if normal discussion is at risk of deletion arbitrarily on a whim. This truly sucks.

Scott Williams

Hopefully it's a glitch. I have to agree with Scott it's pretty disgusting if a massive chunk of this thread was deleted on purpose. Big brother's not welcome here. This is where we come to get away from that spoon.

Simon

Hi everyone,

I noticed this yesterday while looking at the thread. Is it possible I deleted somethingg by accident, as the initiator of the thread? If anyone knows any of the moderators, please email them to take a look and see if they can put things back in order.

I don't recall deleting anything, but I suppose it's possible. And, I agree the discussion was VERY healthy and everyone was learning/gaining from it.

Best,

Hari

Hi everyone,

I noticed this yesterday while looking at the thread. Is it possible I deleted somethingg by accident, as the initiator of the thread? If anyone knows any of the moderators, please email them to take a look and see if they can put things back in order.

I don't recall deleting anything, but I suppose it's possible. And, I agree the discussion was VERY healthy and everyone was learning/gaining from it.

Best,

Hari

Nothing an individual poster does or undoes will delete the posts of others. Only those with Mod or Admin powers can do that.

C

Hi everyone,

Best,

Hari

Looks liike all of Ruben's posts were deleted, which is wrong on so many levels....Most of all because it was healthy discussions, showing one person's point of view and I for one, really appreciated his input.....

Just goes to show that certian people can get away with spitting out insults, "baiting" posters and cluttering up threads with nonsense....and have nothing done about it....Yet someone who's voiced things that somehow go against the establishment, they get punished....

Can we get an explanation from the moderators? Ruben is a highly respected long-term member of the comic OA community with plenty of insight. I agree his view is contrarian to the established viewpoint, but he's not the only OA collector who's become disgruntled with the way the hobby is going. I don't necessarily agree with his viewpoints, but I respect him and we have been good friends for a very long time (ever since I entered the hobby, in fact). He is a true fan.

I for one would like the moderators to voice an explanation. I don't know any of the moderators personally, so hopefully one of you can officially contact them.

Best,

Hari

I've already reached out to the moderators. If I hear back I'll let you know.

It's really not that big a deal and kind of no surprise. I think everyone I wanted to read my comments read them and remembers the gist of what I was saying.

I don't think they were intentionally deleted. It looks like it was a wholesale deletion when KK's most recent shill was banned. Nothing you, I, Dan, or Hari said was bad or something controversial in the least.

If I had to guess I would assume it's like surgery to remove a growth, to make sure you cut it all out you may cut out something of value along with all the dross.

I would not take this personally Ruben.

Best,

Chris

From the way I understand it, the mods can't (maybe "won't weed thru"is more realistic) deleted individual posts. So, if KK started on one his posting sprees the mods will delete all the posts from the start of his stuff to the end of it. Anything in between becomes a casualty.

I missed the thread this weekend, so I don't really know what took place.