• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's Friday folks....so how about...

Should this thread stay in the Comic Forum?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Should this thread stay in the Comic Forum?

1,140 posts in this topic

What happened to the librarian with the hot sister?

I was occasionally insensitive, often unromantic, used the angry tone a few times too often, and I let my house go into minor disrepair. She became bitter and mostly unromantic herself. We were on the rocks the last year...I improved, which she agreed with, but she didn't change at all, so I broke it off two weeks ago.

On first dates, men shouldn't talk at all... ask her view on Creationism vs. Darwinism and listen to her for a few hours...she'll think you're fab (if you agree with her views) (thumbs u

I tried that last date with one who talked so incessantly that the waiter had to come back 3 times because she wasn't reading the menu and who didn't touch her dinner for 40 minutes after it came. I interjected (whenever she stopped for breath, which wasn't often), nodded, threw in lots of "uh-huh"s and "yea"s, asked lots of followups.

Feedback after the date? I didn't talk enough, which I did because she was so eager to talk. That led me to believe I shouldn't take the popular advice of "let her do all the talking." My current plan is to let her do MOST of the talking, but to not let her dominate the conversation like the last one did.

On first dates, men shouldn't talk at all... ask her view on Creationism vs. Darwinism and listen to her for a few hours...she'll think you're fab (if you agree with her views) (thumbs u

I tried that last date with one who talked so incessantly that the waiter had to come back 3 times because she wasn't reading the menu and who didn't touch her dinner for 40 minutes after it came. I interjected (whenever she stopped for breath, which wasn't often), nodded, threw in lots of "uh-huh"s and "yea"s, asked lots of followups.

Feedback after the date? I didn't talk enough, which I did because she was so eager to talk. That led me to believe I shouldn't take the popular advice of "let her do all the talking." My current plan is to let her do MOST of the talking, but to not let her dominate the conversation like the last one did.

You're right...listen to Chrisco...wear the helmet. :banana:

Wear the Magneto helmet!

That involves actually making some mention, or risking her asking about, that I am at all interested in comic books. That is NOT an option. (tsk) As cool as I think comics are...I'm forced to acknowledge that most of the rest of the world doesn't agree. :sorry: And even if a girl thinks that it's an imaginative and creative thing to do, once they find out the way us high-grade guys really are...we run the risk of entering not_in_tune_with_social_norms insane geek territory in their mind and never leaving that place. :insane:

I'm telling you....Magneto Helmet!

You're setting me up to be a retarded story you tell someone on YOUR next date. (tsk):kidaround:

I'm a kept man. No more dates for me anytime soon. :(

I'll tell you what, if the time ever does come where I need to tell a retarded story to my next date, let me borrow the helmet. I'll tell my second date the story about my first date where I wore the helmet. :)

You're setting me up to be a retarded story you tell someone on YOUR next date. (tsk):kidaround:

Is there still time for you to learn some magic tricks ? Women are intrigued by magicians (shrug)

4.jpg

Is there still time for you to learn some magic tricks ? Women are intrigued by magicians (shrug)

4.jpg

They are! David Blaine has pulled some major scores.