• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's Friday folks....so how about...

Should this thread stay in the Comic Forum?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Should this thread stay in the Comic Forum?

1,140 posts in this topic

To win a woman over, this is all you have to do:

The Secret

I dunno, if this one wasn't teaching, I think she'd be making more than I do, which suggests money doesn't impress her. Romanticism seems more likely to work, such as if I wrote a poem of this quality: The Evolutionary Biology Valentine's Day Poem

Don't mind me. I prefer dating shallow, high maintenance women for 4-8 week flings because I'm equally shallow as far as dating goes, and have no interest in a long term relationship at this point.

4gifs.com

I thought Vick promised not to do these things anymore :makepoint:

So how did the conversation end?

Dinner was three hours. She seemed engaged from start to finish. I got her to talk 70%-80% of the time, which most of the advice I've seen suggests I should have done, but it leaves me feeling like I didn't get a chance to show much wit. About two hours in I suggested some kind of activity in the future--I can't even remember now what it was, maybe hiking--but I remember her saying that she was absolutely interested in doing it. Just before we got up to leave she told me she was going out of town from Saturday until Wednesday, which I took as positive, as if you don't want to see somebody again, you don't tell them specifically when you're doing things in the near future. On the way out of the restaurant, I turned towards her to start to say something like "that was fun" and noticed she was already leaning towards me and rising up on tip-toes, and that continued on into a one-arm hug and a kiss on the cheek.

I haven't dated in 15 years, but that all seemed positive to me. :foryou:

God, I'm so glad I don't have to play those dating games anymore. Putting yourself out there like a show piece, trying to infer intent and interest, hoping to god you don't do something wrong and blow the whole night.

Congrats though. Sounds like it went well.

God, I'm so glad I don't have to play those dating games anymore. Putting yourself out there like a show piece, trying to infer intent and interest, hoping to god you don't do something wrong and blow the whole night.

Congrats though. Sounds like it went well.

Agreed. It can be brutal. I found that being myself worked best for myself when I was finally serious about looking for a relationship. No posturing or trying. It's the opposite of what most people are doing and it comes across as a breath of fresh air to women amidst all the peacocks that are out there.

lol

Friday is a state of mind :banana: