• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's Friday folks....so how about...

Should this thread stay in the Comic Forum?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Should this thread stay in the Comic Forum?

1,140 posts in this topic

I hope this Saturday is better than last weeks.

I guess I can tell it now that the deal fell through. I was looking at a collection which involved Dan (Flyingdonut) over the phone and a local seller.

It was a particularly hot an humid morning and I was not feeling so well. Long story short I started tossing cookies in the middle of a mall parking lot looking at comics for about a half hour with Dan on the phone and the seller with quite the look on his face. The first round of puking wasn't so bad and I was able to pick myself back up and keep going through the collection, it was the second round that through me for a loop. It was probably a deal Dan and the seller will soon not forget. All I can remember is the look on the guy's face when I passed the phone off to him as I was doubling over. It was bad stuff was shooting out of my nose and mouth all over the place. At the end when I looked up at the guy with snot dripping, vomit breath, and sweat just pouring out of me, I said that I like to make a good first impression. It was quite horrible, but silver age comic collections in AZ don't seem to pop up often and I didn't want to miss it. My wife thought I was nuts.

doh!

:roflmao:

You should have called me. I'm an expert in situations like this.

:roflmao:

Does she wear the white lab coat, her hair up, black glasses, and carry around a clipboard? lol

So our date was tonight. No white lab coat, hair in a bun, black glasses, nor clipboard. Date seemed to go well, I suspect we'll go out again, but it's usually hard to tell after a first as women can be overly polite even if they don't feel attraction.

One thing about her struck me as odd--I'm relatively sure she didn't have a bra on, which is something I've never seen in a relatively young, attractive woman (pic below). What the heck causes women to decide not to wear bras? (shrug)

If you are complaining about a date not wearing a bra you need to stop dating right this instant...and give me her number :devil:

So how did the conversation end?

Dinner was three hours. She seemed engaged from start to finish. I got her to talk 70%-80% of the time, which most of the advice I've seen suggests I should have done, but it leaves me feeling like I didn't get a chance to show much wit. About two hours in I suggested some kind of activity in the future--I can't even remember now what it was, maybe hiking--but I remember her saying that she was absolutely interested in doing it. Just before we got up to leave she told me she was going out of town from Saturday until Wednesday, which I took as positive, as if you don't want to see somebody again, you don't tell them specifically when you're doing things in the near future. On the way out of the restaurant, I turned towards her to start to say something like "that was fun" and noticed she was already leaning towards me and rising up on tip-toes, and that continued on into a one-arm hug and a kiss on the cheek.

I haven't dated in 15 years, but that all seemed positive to me. :foryou:

I sure hope you didn't tell her about this message board, bc I'm willing to bet she would be mortified to see her pic and then all of us talking about her boobs

No mention of comics ever came up...nor will it for weeks to come...but you just inspired me to kill the pic. :boo:

So how did the conversation end?

Dinner was three hours. She seemed engaged from start to finish. I got her to talk 70%-80% of the time, which most of the advice I've seen suggests I should have done, but it leaves me feeling like I didn't get a chance to show much wit. About two hours in I suggested some kind of activity in the future--I can't even remember now what it was, maybe hiking--but I remember her saying that she was absolutely interested in doing it. Just before we got up to leave she told me she was going out of town from Saturday until Wednesday, which I took as positive, as if you don't want to see somebody again, you don't tell them specifically when you're doing things in the near future. On the way out of the restaurant, I turned towards her to start to say something like "that was fun" and noticed she was already leaning towards me and rising up on tip-toes, and that continued on into a one-arm hug and a kiss on the cheek.

I haven't dated in 15 years, but that all seemed positive to me. :foryou:

hm

Sounds positive. What I have learned is that being yourself will work if it is supposed to work. If you try hard on the first date but can't keep that momentum (ie you were not yourself) well then it won't work for long. Sounds positive as Lou says women's #1 complaint is that men too often just talk about themselves.

If you feel you didn't have room to show much wit, well then all that leaves is room for you to impress her the second time around (or on the phone if/when you talk again).

An old boss once told me...you have to leave room for growth when either impressing someone or complementing someone.

If in doubt, show her your FF run....just make sure you complete it with a #1 and #2 in at least VF.

:baiting:

The first round of puking wasn't so bad and I was able to pick myself back up and keep going through the collection, it was the second round that through me for a loop.

WHOA! :o How do you go from puking to flipping through a longbox in the middle of a parking lot? No sinks to wash up with out there. :insane:

The first round of puking wasn't so bad and I was able to pick myself back up and keep going through the collection, it was the second round that through me for a loop.

WHOA! :o How do you go from puking to flipping through a longbox in the middle of a parking lot? No sinks to wash up with out there. :insane:

It was projectile. I didn't get any on me so I pulled out one of my water bottles and rinsed my mouth out. I was able to get away from the books before anything started flying

sounds like a really good date, and real positive signs from her side!

THANKS ALL FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT! :applause:

I have really specific tastes...dark brown or black hair, tall, thin, attractive, smart. She met all of that, and I was probably tapped out on what Match.com has right now for my area, so if this doesn't work, it's probably time to start finding the best social venues. Aerobics or yoga classes? Speed dating? Grocery stores in trendy areas? Coffee houses? All of that seems like a really long road to find somebody who is my type and gets me ga-ga. :luhv:

That's really the only thing I do like about Match.com--it's easy to filter on specific tastes. Other than that, it's a pain in the for men, as the male-to-female ratio is something like 2 or 3 to 1 on there. :makepoint:

To win a woman over, this is all you have to do:

The Secret

I dunno, if this one wasn't teaching, I think she'd be making more than I do, which suggests money doesn't impress her. Romanticism seems more likely to work, such as if I wrote a poem of this quality: The Evolutionary Biology Valentine's Day Poem