• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Visual guide to Mylar sizes
54 54

499 posts in this topic

I thought I saw mentioned in another thread that you can get a discount through Gerber if you have a special kind of license (or something). Anyone recall offhand what that is (I tried searching, but I suck at it).

Probably something to do with retail. Meaning someone like Charles and Jeff at Hotflips get a discount so they can make a profit when they sell them.

Why hasn't this thread been pinned at the top of this page yet?

Hear, hear!

One of the most useful and informative threads in the history of the boards :sumo:

I agree!

Yep.

But it makes more sense to pin a thread about trimmed books from 5 1/2 years ago at the top... meh

I'm in the process of migrating my collection from poly to Mylites2. I've been quite regimented in replacing poly bags and boards every 5 years. It starts out as a fun little task but soon becomes endless days of repetition.

This thread has been an absolute godsend in ensuring I'm buying the right bag type for my books.

Definately needs to be stickied up there with Boozads shipping guide..

Now all I need to find is a relatively low cost way of obtaining the Mylites in the UK. Based on board consensus Hotflips would be the way to go if I was in the U.S.

Any UK boardies got any local recommendations?

P.S. Stickie please :)

I'm in the process of migrating my collection from poly to Mylites2. I've been quite regimented in replacing poly bags and boards every 5 years. It starts out as a fun little task but soon becomes endless days of repetition.

This thread has been an absolute godsend in ensuring I'm buying the right bag type for my books.

Now all I need to find is a relatively low cost way of obtaining the Mylites in the UK. Based on board consensus Hotflips would be the way to go if I was in the U.S.

:popcorn:

E. Gerber Archival supplies (the ones that Hotflips has) are available through Diamond, so, in theory, your local comic shop should be able to order them for you, even if they don't carry them at the moment.

I'm not absolutely certain they're gonna be any cheaper than ordering directly from Hotflips, though. (I know that for me it isn't)