• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Visual guide to Mylar sizes
54 54

499 posts in this topic

Can I just say a million, trillion thanks to mschmidty for this.

My Gerber 725 M2's, 700 FB's and 914 M2's arrived from the super-cheap Bob Cook yesterday.

I started out by marvelling at how nice it was to get the slabs out of the CGC bags and into the 914's. So crystal clear and beautiful.

But it was when I started transferring my raws into the 725s with the FB's that my jaw truly dropped.

It's taken a floppy that looked good in a poly and turned it into high-class, no holds-barred visual sex.

CANNOT believe how good a modern looks in a 725. :luhv::luhv:

A million thank you's for this thread and recommendations.

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

high-class, no holds-barred visual sex.

lol

But there's an argument that in this context, "high class" and "no holds barred" are mutually exclusive.

Also, to keep things on track: agree with everyone else about what a great thread this is. Michael started me on my Mylite odyssey when I bought a book from him a while ago and it arrived in a mysterious new kind of bag...

It's funny that you bumped this thread because I was poking around here this morning. Mylite2 make my junky comics look great! I just thinking of getting Mylites+ for some of my cheap moderns but I don't know if they would look as nice. I am tired of getting supplies and the bags just crinkle up after a few years.

It's funny that you bumped this thread because I was poking around here this morning. Mylite2 make my junky comics look great! I just thinking of getting Mylites+ for some of my cheap moderns but I don't know if they would look as nice. I am tired of getting supplies and the bags just crinkle up after a few years.

I'd probably stick with the M2. Maybe it's just my geographical location influencing it.. but they were really cheap.

All I could source in Australia within a reasonable shipping price were poly's for marginally cheaper. None of the brick-and-mortar's I contacted within my state knew of anywhere I could even get mylar.

Of course shipping from the states cost more than the product, but, considering how good the end result is, I don't care. Will definitely continue to buy this way.

How is this on page 40? What does it take to get this thread stickied? I actually had to use the search to find this :o

:bump:

I added this to my "Watched Topics" long ago so I wouldn't have to search for it ;)

doh! (thumbs u

Quick Question.

What is the difference between Mylites Plus , 775M+, Silver/Golden and Mylites 2 (Silver/Golden) 775M2? I am a bit of a mylar newb.

The difference is the thickness of the mylar - regular Mylites are 1 mil thick & pretty flimsy, and I wouldn't really recommend them as the seams have a tendency to split.

Mylites2s are twice as thick (2 mil), and have a nice heft to them yet remain flexible.

Mylites Plus are an in-between size - they're 1.42 mil thick.

If you can get Mylites2s, I'd suggest going with them :thumbsup:

I am getting read to order the Mylites Plus for some cheap but loved modern books. Does anyone have any experience with these? I am worried about splitting. I already have Mylar2 and that is too much protection for these books. I want something that I can easily slide the book out of. Thank you for any suggestions.

I wish I would have looked at this thread when purchasing post it tabs. I got two different ones and not happy with either. doh!

Quick Question.

What is the difference between Mylites Plus , 775M+, Silver/Golden and Mylites 2 (Silver/Golden) 775M2? I am a bit of a mylar newb.

The difference is the thickness of the mylar - regular Mylites are 1 mil thick & pretty flimsy, and I wouldn't really recommend them as the seams have a tendency to split.

Mylites2s are twice as thick (2 mil), and have a nice heft to them yet remain flexible.

I am getting read to order the Mylites Plus for some cheap but loved modern books. Does anyone have any experience with these? I am worried about splitting. I already have Mylar2 and that is too much protection for these books. I want something that I can easily slide the book out of. Thank you for any suggestions.

I wish I would have looked at this thread when purchasing post it tabs. I got two different ones and not happy with either. doh!

I use Mylites Plus for books that I sell - they're cheaper than Mylites2s, but aren't as flimsy as the 1 mil Mylites (which I wouldn't recommend for anything). I'd suggest getting a pack and checking them out - they're pretty cheap.

Quick Question.

I use Mylites Plus for books that I sell - they're cheaper than Mylites2s, but aren't as flimsy as the 1 mil Mylites (which I wouldn't recommend for anything). I'd suggest getting a pack and checking them out - they're pretty cheap.

I can second this. The Mylites Plus are okay for moderns, at least in my mind. The 1's were just way to likely to split. I can't recall a Mylite Plus splitting on me yet.

Thanks for the replies back. It is for 300 books and I have gone the poly bag route already. The bags look like junk after a year or two. I know that they are still good but I don't like looking at the covers through the wrinkled plastic. I figured it is fairly close in price for a much better product. I will get them and post back in the thread with pictures.