• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Visual guide to Mylar sizes
54 54

499 posts in this topic

I'm now in a bt of a pickle. I picked up some 725s as I only have SA upwards that I wanted to Mylar. All was going well until I got to some nice BA Batman 100-pagers. They just do not want to go into the 725s at all.

I don't want to buy a bigger comic box for just a few books either, so at the moment I'm stumped.

The obvious solution is to buy more 100 pagers. Bags aside, you can use magazine boxes for the wider books.

Or trim them a bit?

:gossip: it raises the grade

I'm now in a bt of a pickle. I picked up some 725s as I only have SA upwards that I wanted to Mylar. All was going well until I got to some nice BA Batman 100-pagers. They just do not want to go into the 725s at all.

I don't want to buy a bigger comic box for just a few books either, so at the moment I'm stumped.

The obvious solution is to buy more 100 pagers. Bags aside, you can use magazine boxes for the wider books.

Or trim them a bit?

:gossip: it raises the grade

(tsk)

Any thoughts on what to use for thicker GA books like early Marvel Mystery books? I want to have a mylite type holder and full backs to match as I don't really care for the archives and I want to avoid the hard flap mylars if I can. Should I go with the magazine sized mylites?

Mylites actually don't come in magazine sizes - are you talking about mylites2s?

I'd personally go with the Super Gold size Mylites2 (825M2) - they're 8 1/4" wide, and I've found that to be more than adequate for GA books.

RE: Combos

Does anyone use the 775 Mylites2 inside of an 800 Archive? I want to place an order but wanted to make sure the fit isn't too tight. Thanks in advance for anyone that responds.

Scott

Cerebus #1 book inside a Mylites2:

It is mentioned in the first post that Super Golden Age sized MyLites2s can be used with oversized indy books, such as the troublesome Cerebus #1. Thought you guys might want some visual reference for this:

Scan.jpg

• Cerebus #1 in Mylites2 (Super Gold) 825M2

I'm just doing what I can to contribute to this amazing thread. Thanks to board member telerites for providing the MyLite2.