• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long is too long?

37 posts in this topic

So you have a winning bidder on eBay and before he or she pays you for said auction they indicate they are interested in another auction that you have up - Hey! Great no problem! (thumbs u

Second auction ends (he or she wins), yet no payment after two invoices (spaced well apart mind you). :grin: Finally get a response after direct email through eBay that he or she is waiting on yet another auction that you currently have up.

How long do you think it is kosher to have an unknown buyer continue to bid on weekly auctions and rack up lot after lot?

If this was a boardie that I knew well I do it until the cows came home, but an eBay buyer with all of 23 feedback I'd rather they just pay up. :insane:

I'm almost thinking that I won't put any new ones up for a week just to get payment. (shrug)

here's a way that I like: make them pay the final bid(s), sans shipping....and then, once they've finished, add the appropriate shipping to the last auction.

Me? I like to win tons of stuff, and if a seller has stuff all the time, it's not a big deal.

(this is not directed at you, Scottish, just a general rant on the subject)

I have gotten really, really, really, REALLY annoyed lately at these jackarses who can't be bothered to hold things, even when they STATE they combine, and then, 5 days after you won the first auction, they come up with this NOT MENTIONED BEFORE "oh, I only combine in 3 days" nonsense.

Look...you WANT people bidding on your auctions, EVEN IF THEY DON'T WIN. It means the auctions end for MORE MONEY.

What does it hurt, unless the item is big?

I've had FOUR jerkoffs in the last 6 months not be willing to hold ONE and TWO comics and ONE coin for two weeks while I bid on more stuff...and I have high number feedback.

Lame.

So, they give up higher bids, and lose money....for no valid reason.

They're lucky I didn't leave feedback.

Depends on how much $$$$ is involved.

Earl.

All of 4.00 and some change...I just don't like the whole, 'I'm bidding on another auction.' bit week after week.

Well if he's looking to be at grand total $6 on items purchased I don't blame him for trying to get items that add up to more than what he's paying for in shipping. I hate buying one comic book and have the shipping be more.

here's a way that I like: make them pay the final bid(s), sans shipping....and then, once they've finished, add the appropriate shipping to the last auction.

Me? I like to win tons of stuff, and if a seller has stuff all the time, it's not a big deal.

I have gotten really, really, really, REALLY annoyed lately at these jackarses who can't be bothered to hold things, even when they STATE they combine, and then, 5 days after you won the first auction, they come up with this NOT MENTIONED BEFORE "oh, I only combine in 3 days" nonsense.

Look...you WANT people bidding on your auctions, EVEN IF THEY DON'T WIN. It means the auctions end for MORE MONEY.

I've had FOUR jerkoffs in the last 6 months not be willing to hold ONE and TWO comics and ONE coin for two weeks while I bid on more stuff...and I have high number feedback.

Lame.

Not a problem at all. :grin: This is why I ask the question so I can see if I'm being a twit, or not, as the case may be.

I fully understand that the buyer is wanting to save on shipping and I have no problem with that.

I think once this third auction he or she is watching ends I'll take the advice and at least ask for payment for the books themselves (but then it's all of 4.00?)

Feh - I'm just a twit and I'll keep waiting. lol

I'm just an anal retentive goof that likes to have clean auctions - the two outstanding payments are making me go loopy. :insane:

I have a buyer who bought 4 books of mine on the bay. Three of them ended 5 days after the first one. He paid me for 3 of the books but not the fourth.

I have invoiced him 3 times over the past week and sent 2 e-mails to him asking if he wants me to hold until he pays.

I finally shipped the comics out today minus the unpaid one with a note and another e-mail telling him I will give him free shipping on the 4th book when he pays.

The buyer has a new account and is buying a lot of graded comics. I did send them out signature required in the hopes he is not trying to pull some sort of scam.

Lame.

"oh, I only combine in 3 days" nonsense.

response:

no problem,

would you like your negatives now or after I receive the books

I always want to combine shipping if I'm bidding, but I think imposing a deadline of a week isn't unreasonable. Tell them you don't mind waiting for the current auctions to end, but they'll at least have to pay for the books won up to that point. Send an invoice after it ends, and if you don't get a response, move on to the NPB claim.

Just send them seperate invoices for each book minus shipping, then when they've won their final book you'll tally up the shipping in that invoice. If they're legit they won't mind that - paying for each book as they go along then settling the shipping at the end (thumbs u