• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mound City Collection One of the Greatest Silver Age Finds of the Century

2,756 posts in this topic

There you go. $25,000 insured for $46 plus packaging and shipping charges.

From what I understand registered mail is a bit slower due to all the tracking and signatures but it's a viable option.

Roy, with all due respect, I wish you would stay out of this. You are not helping anyone. You've keep saying you've said your peace and are done, yet you keep posting. I'm seriously wondering if you have an agenda. This is not your fight, let it play out. (A respectful) please !

Gotta say I agree with BB, thanks for the input Roy but it's time to let it go. (thumbs u

You guys misunderstood me.

I was siding with us guys and gals and not with Mound City.

I have a horse in this race because of the shipping costs that were charged on the $250K in books that I bid on.

When I said I was done, I meant I was done trying to stand up for Mound City.

They are now aware of the problem and are trying to handle it.

My intent with that last post was simply to share, through dialogue, a little knowledge of shipping costs so that we as bidders have a little more info into shipping options as opposed to being forced into using UPS (which I can't stand) or other more costly options. I understand most have gotten their books but still thought it was good info for the future.

What I was trying to say was if anyone bought $25K in books (and I know a few people that did), then they were way overcharged because they likely paid $200+ in shipping when they could have paid $45 + packaging materials which realistically should have been less than half of what they paid.

I'm sorry if you saw something different...but that's how it goes on these boards.

And your comment about the agenda? I will have you know that I have been going out of my way behind the scenes through phone calls and emails to make sure the books were packaged well (and most people seemed happy about the way the books were packaged), that Rob came on here to deal with the shipping problems and that he deal with it in a way that everyone is left satisfied.

If I had an agenda I'd make sure you guys had lousy service this go round so that at their next auction nobody bids but me.

I take offense at your comment, Bob.

Since I have no vested interest, other than hoping that fellow boardies don't get robbed with insane shipping prices, I'm going to make one further suggestion and call it done for me. MCA seems to be listening to the complaints and actively trying to come up with a solution. I would think it would make sense to let them arrive at what they feel is a fair solution, present it and see if it's acceptable to the concerned parties. If it's not, then there will be plenty of time to bash, mudsling and fight.

From what I understand registered mail is a bit slower due to all the tracking and signatures but it's a viable option.

Roy, with all due respect, I wish you would stay out of this. You are not helping anyone. You've keep saying you've said your peace and are done, yet you keep posting. I'm seriously wondering if you have an agenda. This is not your fight, let it play out. (A respectful) please !

Gotta say I agree with BB, thanks for the input Roy but it's time to let it go. (thumbs u

I have a horse in this race because of the shipping costs that were charged on the $250K in books that I bid on.

My intent with that last post was simply to share, through dialogue, a little knowledge of shipping costs so that we as bidders have a little more info into shipping options as opposed to being forced into using UPS (which I can't stand) or other more costly options. I understand most have gotten their books but still thought it was good info for the future.

What I was trying to say was if anyone bought $25K in books (and I know a few people that did), then they were way overcharged because they likely paid $200+ in shipping when they could have paid $45 + packaging materials which realistically should have been less than half of what they paid.

I'm sorry if you saw something different...but that's how it goes on these boards.

And your comment about the agenda? I will have you know that I have been going out of my way behind the scenes through phone calls and emails to make sure the books were packaged well (and most people seemed happy about the way the books were packaged), that Rob came on here to deal with the shipping problems and that he deal with it in a way that everyone is left satisfied.

If I had an agenda I'd make sure you guys had lousy service this go round so that at their next auction nobody bids but me.

Roy, I had no intention of being offensive, I apologize if I was.

Personally, I agreed with your comments about MC being good people but I wanted to wait and see what happened = no comments from me.

You are well respected and a great Board member but IMHO you were simply posting too much on the MC topic. It was 3:00 in the morning, I had been drinking

and playing cards all evening and I said what I said. The hidden agenda comment

was not thought out on my part and was probably not appropriate.

Are we cool ?

We're cool.

I was drinking too last nite (as I posted somewhere) and maybe wasn't clear.

Yeah, I did post a lot in this thread, mainly cause I felt like these people were friends and the pitch forks were uncalled for.

I do have a tendency to talk too much and overstate my case (just in case nobody noticed). :insane:

I'll shut up.

:foryou:

email received from Rob w/ attempt to rectify the shipping situation. maybe there was some prodding necessary but the Mound City guys have gone beyond the call of duty to try to correct a bad situation.

I just got the E-Mail also.

Rob Classic, if you read this, you are doing the right thing.

If you follow through, the Boards will embrace you again and goodwill will flow.

PS Don't forget about those of us that still need our certs !

I'll be honest. I liked the auction, and how it was run. I bought some books and was pleased with the online bidding. MCA listened to people's suggestions before the auction and made adjustments. The shipping and handling of the books after the auction was a mess and they are dealing with that now. I think they really are listening to us and they are constantly changing their stance to make us happy. For this, I give them (thumbs u . If they do have future comic book auctions, I would be interested to see what is offered, so I will check it out. Some of you have a bitter taste in your mouth, and I can see why. But to be honest, they really are trying to work with us and that means a lot to me.

Looking forward to being contacted by MCA to figure out a fair resolution to the overcharge on shipping.

Thanks for listening everybody.

Andy

Ditto. (thumbs u

I received Rob's email as well and shared my thoughts, look forward to a re-calculated "fair" shipping cost.

i got my email at 1:47pm and replied it right away with a scan of the shipping label, scan of my damaged slab, and a scan of my cc charge. I did not ask for anything in return for the damaged slab but I wanted him to see that I wasn't complaining about something trivial. Hell most of you guys wouldn't buy a slab with scratches like that.

And I fixed your fix for you.

Did you even bid in our auction?

I know it is public, but if you could see things as I see them perhaps it would help. I got off of the forum to email all bidders and the response is quite tellling.

Several have told me that they were not overcharged. Also, it seems like the people who are the most upset did not participate in the auction (at least, from the responses to my email.)

I have started refunding money, some of you paid with check so I can't refund your shipping via credit card as you did not pay with credit card. If you have not gotten a refund yet please respond to my email so I can see what you need to be a happy camper.

I will not be posting here for a while so I can deal with bidders, who feel they were overcharged.

I know it is public, but if you could see things as I see them perhaps it would help. I got off of the forum to email all bidders and the response is quite tellling.

Several have told me that they were not overcharged. Also, it seems like the people who are the most upset did not participate in the auction (at least, from the responses to my email.)

I have started refunding money, some of you paid with check so I can't refund your shipping via credit card as you did not pay with credit card. If you have not gotten a refund yet please respond to my email so I can see what you need to be a happy camper.

I will not be posting here for a while so I can deal with bidders, who feel they were overcharged.

What?? :screwy:

I want to put my 2 cents in here.

Bob you bought under $250 worth of books and you are telling the guy who bought over $250,000.00 worth of books that it is not his fight. Are you kidding? Let me tell you who changed my mind to refund directly to you accounts, not Bomber Bob, not the guy with the noose, (he just pissed me off) it was Roy, who called me and spoke to me man to man. The threats of lawsuits, he threat of harm, they are counter productive and not needed. Roy, Rob Lite, and Sheila and Ed (the people we are staying with but who are former customers) won the day with reason, and logic.

Roy, thank you for your input, you have helped us and everyone who bought form us. I am working hard to fix this issue.

And to the member who complained about free shipping at our next auction. Please never register or bid, I don't think I will ever be able to make you happy.

To the rest of you. Give me time, I am working as fast as I can.

What?? :screwy:

Some people did not think they were overcharged for shipping, therefore your fix is wrong.

Let me tell you who changed my mind to refund directly to you accounts, not Bomber Bob, not the guy with the noose, (he just pissed me off) it was Roy, who called me and spoke to me man to man. The threats of lawsuits, he threat of harm, they are counter productive and not needed. Roy, Rob Lite, and Sheila and Ed (the people we are staying with but who are former customers) won the day with reason, and logic.

Roy, thank you for your input, you have helped us and everyone who bought form us. I am working hard to fix this issue.

And to the member who complained about free shipping at our next auction. Please never register or bid, I don't think I will ever be able to make you happy.

To the rest of you. Give me time, I am working as fast as I can.

So because Roy who represented 25% of the auctions finally got a hold of you that you decided to do the right thing? please stop posting this kind of nonsense as if the rest of our opinions didn't mean much because we didn't spend $250k. All of us who bought appreciated that Roy picked up the phone and got thru to you but if that is what it took..then you have a whole lot to learn.

just when I thought I don't need to post anymore in this stupid thread doh!

I need to remove myself from this thread like the pressing debate thread...like those, this thread kills brain cells faster smoking the funny stuff.

Rob,

I believe the person who posted the three pictures (a pitchfork, a torch, and a noose) was just running with the humor you started in your Dec 11th posting.

Everybody take a deep breath and put those clubs and pitchforks up. I had to look for half an hour just to find where to start reading.

Remember I bruse easy, and I am going to try to solve the problems, but I can only read so fast. Stay tuned...... Rob Classic