• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mound City Collection One of the Greatest Silver Age Finds of the Century

2,756 posts in this topic

Getting back to a discussion about the collection itself, I just noticed World Wide comics is starting to list some of the raw books. There are a number of ASM issues that are Qualified with 19cent Price stickers on the covers. Assuming this indicates a purchase from a second hand shop, perhaps this is part of the reason the collection did not get a pedigree designation from CGC = not all books were bought directly off the stands.

Please note I am not bringing this up as a knock against the collection, just a conversation point.

Getting back to a discussion about the collection itself, I just noticed World Wide comics is starting to list some of the raw books. There are a number of ASM issues that are Qualified with 19cent Price stickers on the covers. Assuming this indicates a purchase from a second hand shop, perhaps this is part of the reason the collection did not get a pedigree designation from CGC = not all books were bought directly off the stands.

Please note I am not bringing this up as a knock against the collection, just a conversation point.

I think even Edgar Church bought some books second hand, so I don't know if that is necessarily fatal to getting a pedigree designation. As I remember from the discussion -- only a hundred or so pages back! -- the main problem was a lack of truly high grade keys or runs.

Can somone give me a synopsis of the shipping policy?

I received an email from Rob stating he would refund the extreme shipping charges that were charged by The Shipping Store...

I was charged $102.02 by PAK MAIL for a single $2990 book.

I feel this was too much also. What do you all think?

Is he refunding some of the excesive charges from Pak Mail also?

I received an email from Rob stating he would refund the extreme shipping charges that were charged by The Shipping Store...

Jumpin' Catfish man, what part of the universe do you live in ???

Did they apply Vaseline, or were you supposed to take it like a man ??

Why don't you email him back and work something out?

(shrug)

Is that the new shipper? :eek:

Wow! That had to hurt. lol Honestly, I think a fair price for that book to be shipped would be between 30 and 40 bucks. With fair being a relative term. As Clink would have shipped that book for 14 bucks...

We are refunding portions of the shipping to make the shipping costs match our competitor's prices - whether the items were shipped from the Packaging Store or from Pakmail. So don't worry, just send us an email explaining your situation, and we'll get it worked out.

BTW, the reason the shipping charges are high from Pakmail, is that when we moved the items over to the second shipper, we specifically instructed him to ensure that whatever he sent out got there quickly - in an effort to try and get people their books a little quicker than they would have otherwise. Everything that Pakmail sends should arrive within 2 business days of the item being cleared for shipping.

So don't freak out - just let us know how much you were charged, and what a similar item or items would have cost you to ship from any of the big three comic auction houses. We're making a solid effort to be fair.

Rob Lite

We are refunding portions of the shipping to make the shipping costs match our competitor's prices - whether the items were shipped from the Packaging Store or from Pakmail. So don't worry, just send us an email explaining your situation, and we'll get it worked out.

BTW, the reason the shipping charges are high from Pakmail, is that when we moved the items over to the second shipper, we specifically instructed him to ensure that whatever he sent out got there quickly - in an effort to try and get people their books a little quicker than they would have otherwise. Everything that Pakmail sends should arrive within 2 business days of the item being cleared for shipping.

So don't freak out - just let us know how much you were charged, and what a similar item or items would have cost you to ship from any of the big three comic auction houses. We're making a solid effort to be fair.

Rob Lite

(thumbs u Well done

I've got a sad announcement to make. One of my father's best friends committed suicide today. He's cutting his vacation short and coming home to St. Louis on the next flight. He's asked me to tell everybody on here that if they have any problems, any issues with the shipping, the handling, the books themselves, pretty much anything, that instead of calling the company phone number, that you call my number. It's (314) 599-0563. So, if you guys need anything, for about the next week or so, please, please call that number instead of the regular one. I'll help out as much as I can, but the guy who killed himself was also the father of one of my best friends. I'll try to be in touch as much as possible, and I'll keep an eye on the board here, the company email, and any PM's, but if we are a little slow to answer, that's why.

Rob Lite.

That's really horrible news to hear. I had a great friend commit suicide before and it's definitely tough on the ones left behind. Tell your Dad to be strong and this sad time will pass.

Andy