• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is This Forum Slowly Dying?

447 posts in this topic

Maybe...but I remember a time, not too long ago, when even at this time the Forum was pretty active. Heck...when I was in Korea and this was my primetime for posting, this Forum had a rather healthy post count. Now it's like a dead zone...

EDIT: And looking at the stats the last "max posters" online was maxed in 2007. I can bet we aren't near that total currently....

Jim

Maybe...but I remember a time, not too long ago, when even at this time the Forum was pretty active. Heck...when I was in Korea and this was my primetime for posting, this Forum had a rather healthy post count. Now it's like a dead zone...

EDIT: And looking at the stats the last "max posters" online was maxed in 2007. I can bet we aren't near that total currently....

Jim

I'm getting upgraded in just 36 hours to high speed so I'll be able to spam this place much more effectively.

:acclaim:

I've been around here many years but I can't remember an evening when the number of new posts have been so few. Where the hell is everyone? Or is this becoming the norm?

Jim

Oh and btw-

A lot of the good threads that go 20+ pages seemed to get pulled/locked/moved to the Water Cooler much more frequently in the last few months.

I think the recent Mod crackdown combined with some recent marketplace shenanigans have lead to some negative vibs here.

And lets not forgot the loss of one of our greatest and most positive members.

:angel:

You mean to say you've been using dial-up all this time? :baiting:

Over 28,500 posts... All on dial-up! :acclaim:

Wow, that is amazing! :o

btw when are you updating that phone of yours? lol

storia_1982.jpg

Phone!?

I've been tapping all my posts out in Morse Code on my telegraph! :sumo:

You mean to say you've been using dial-up all this time? :baiting:

Over 28,500 posts... All on dial-up! :acclaim:

Wow, that is amazing! :o

btw when are you updating that phone of yours? lol

storia_1982.jpg

Phone!?

I've been tapping all my post out in Morse Code on my telegraph! :sumo:

lol

Jim

I'm getting upgraded in just 36 hours to high speed so I'll be able to spam this place much more effectively.

:eek:

Jim

I upgraded only 3 years ago and love the fast connection. However, it's the unreliablity of the service that is my problem. Hopefully, roadrunner is better. I cannot wait until Verizon comes into the area.