• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold #28 Club
7 7

810 posts in this topic

BB28 didn't go anywhere from 2006-2009, movie...what movie, no need for a movie. I guess the market is realizing this book is undervalue compare to Marvels.

It's a combination of things but mostly it's probably the fact that if a Showcase #22 will sell for those prices then a collector might think why not B+B #28?

Right now the market is valuing a SC22 1 1/2 time a BB28 in most grades. The question is is...will BB28 catch up. to SC22. In time, SC22 will be the most valuable DC SA, next BB28, and then SC4.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

BB28 didn't go anywhere from 2006-2009, movie...what movie, no need for a movie. I guess the market is realizing this book is undervalue compare to Marvels.

It's a combination of things but mostly it's probably the fact that if a Showcase #22 will sell for those prices then a collector might think why not B+B #28?

Right now the market is valuing a SC22 1 1/2 time a BB28 in most grades. The question is is...will BB28 catch up. to SC22. In time, SC22 will be the most valuable DC SA, next BB28, and then SC4.

There's supposedly going to be a Flash movie.

If so, it could renew interest in Flash & SC #4.

The Flash needs more love...maybe a hangover in the 90's. A movie should ignite it.

The Flash needs more love...maybe a hangover in the 90's. A movie should ignite it.

SC #4 is already a pricey book, so the gains might not be as easily obtained. Remember, those $2500+ 5.0 copies of SC #22 could be had for $800 - $1000 in 2008.

SC #22 looks to have plateaued a bit now and it will be interesting to see how far it can run up closer to the movie. My guess is that the biggest gain(s) has already been captured, but time will tell. GL #1 might be a better play now (full disclosure - I am hedging with both :devil: ).

WRT B&B #28, it was only a matter of time before the big DC SA keys started to attract attention due to the run up in Marvel SA key prices. Add in the fact that WB appears to finally get that it has comic properties that can be turned into successful movie franchises IF they are handled properly (which is not a given with WB's history), and these DC books should start to close the gap sooner than later.

Besides, why waste money on a crummy 6.0/6.5 copy of a knock-off book like FF #1, whose franchise has been waning in popularity since 1969 or 1970, when you can probably land a much harder to find in grade beautiful 8.0 copy of the real deal, B&B #28, for the same price and plenty of room to run up in value? :devil:

SC #4 is already a pricey book, so the gains might not be as easily obtained. Remember, those $2500+ 5.0 copies of SC #22 could be had for $800 - $1000 in 2008.

SC #22 looks to have plateaued a bit now and it will be interesting to see how far it can run up closer to the movie. My guess is that the biggest gain(s) has already been captured, but time will tell. GL #1 might be a better play now (full disclosure - I am hedging with both :devil: ).

WRT B&B #28, it was only a matter of time before the big DC SA keys started to attract attention due to the run up in Marvel SA key prices. Add in the fact that WB appears to finally get that it has comic properties that can be turned into successful movie franchises IF they are handled properly (which is not a given with WB's history), and these DC books should start to close the gap sooner than later.

Besides, why waste money on a crummy 6.0/6.5 copy of a knock-off book like FF #1, whose franchise has been waning in popularity since 1969 or 1970, when you can probably land a much harder to find in grade beautiful 8.0 copy of the real deal, B&B #28, for the same price and plenty of room to run up in value? :devil:

(thumbs u GL1 has already break away in prices and will continue to climb till next year with SC22. GL1 reminds me of ASM1, always a gap. If GL1 appreciate a lot more than SC22, I would sell it and hedge it with SC22. My former Flash 105 6.0 sold on CL for an unheard price and timing might had played a factor. Around the time it sold, there were talks of a Flash movie. Also, a 6.0 copy with off-white pages don't come up to often. But then again, a SC4 7.5 on Ebay with off-white pages didn't sell for a really high price. (shrug)

If this is indeed a UK edition, how does this compare to say a Marvel "pence copy"? Is this also considered a "pence copy" and as such valued differently than a non-stamped US edition?

If this is indeed a UK edition, how does this compare to say a Marvel "pence copy"? Is this also considered a "pence copy" and as such valued differently than a non-stamped US edition?

I'd say the difference is that the book itself is printed as an original,1st run,with only a stamp changing the price..

Where as Marvels were print run seperately for the UK editions,with the plates altered...which seems to make a huge difference in value with Marvel vs. DC UK editions...at least from what i've seen.So this is basicly just a US edition,with a "stamp" on the cover,no different than a US arrival date stamp or such.

Edited by kryptospidey

I'd say the difference is that the book itself is printed as an original,1st run,with only a stamp changing the price..

Where as Marvels were print run seperately for the UK editions,with the plates altered...which seems to make a huge difference in value with Marvel vs. DC UK editions...at least from what i've seen.So this is basicly just a US edition,with a "stamp" on the cover,no different than a US arrival date stamp or such.

Thats correct, this is the American version with just a cover stamp, which is why CGC do not deisgnate this as a Pence copy.

As regards to Marvel, well they are also all initial print runs, just the price plate was changed, but CGC does note them as Pence copies because of it.

Thats correct, this is the American version with just a cover stamp, which is why CGC do not deisgnate this as a Pence copy.

As regards to Marvel, well they are also all initial print runs, just the price plate was changed, but CGC does note them as Pence copies because of it.

and the # box with no month..as they were about a month later.

I doubt this will last, but the CGC 9.0 JLA #1 is currently sitting at a higher price than the CGC 9.0 B&B #28. :o

Should a 9.0 JLA #1 go for more than a 8.0 B&B 28?

Good point, but how many people outside of the boards know that the B&B #28 was pressed? Let's face it, there are a lot of people out there that buy the label, not the book.

I doubt this will last, but the CGC 9.0 JLA #1 is currently sitting at a higher price than the CGC 9.0 B&B #28. :o

Good point, but how many people outside of the boards know that the B&B #28 was pressed? Let's face it, there are a lot of people out there that buy the label, not the book.

I'm doing my darndest to get the word out.

Mind you, if there is only a limited pool of HG DC buyers and you know most of them, it might have an impact on the price.

Mind you, if there is only a limited pool of HG DC buyers and you know most of them, it might have an impact on the price.

Maybe the pool is growing. hm

the pool grows when the speculators get involved. once the money and hype moves on status quo will be regained (i.e. at best 3 high grade SA DC collectors).

the pool grows when the speculators get involved. once the money and hype moves on status quo will be regained (i.e. at best 3 high grade SA DC collectors).

Quite true. What I find interesting is some books goes up and then pauses and eventually continue it's run in the long term. Some books run out of style...others maintain their luster.