• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold #28 Club
7 7

810 posts in this topic

I know that 7.0! Had a chance to pick it up for $5,800 two weeks ago. Seeing it turned around so quickly, at such a price jump, makes me think I should have gone for it.

Was waiting for an 8.0 at around $10,000, that never materialized...

(I now have a post up on the WTB, and I hope I'm not crossing any boundaries here, but I'd also like to add: If anyone's got an 8.0 they'd consider parting with at about double guide...)

Warmly,

Carl

Hey all!

I am new to the board and just posted to the Showcase #22 thread as well.

Collected from the Silver Age books up until the early 2000s. Quit buying as the books were just getting too expensive, and the stories just too dark for my tastes.

Anyway, as I stated in my other post, I have a complete run of Justice League and Green Lantern that I acquired in my early teens (late 70s to early 80s) that I have recently been inspired to dig out due to the impending release of the Green Lantern movie, and also a recent personal move that brought the boxes out of the closet :) .

So I thought it would be nice to scan some of my old books and share/show off a bit :grin: .

Here is my copy of Brave and Bold #28 that I got from a convention I attended probably around 1980 or so. The 2 stickers you see are NOT attached to the comic but rather the bag that protects the book. Also, I fondly remember bargaining with the seller at the time as I was down to my last $42, and the seller was gracious enough to let me have it for that price rather than the $50 he was asking...must have been the puppy-dog, "please, please, please" look I was no doubt sporting ;) .

BraveBold28.jpg

No idea on how these books are graded these days, but my copy seems to be in OK and reasonable shape..nothing spectacular, but respectable. And as others have said, this has got to be one of my favorite covers of all time and can only imagine what the young folks at the time must have enjoyed thinking upon seeing this cover on the stands. I'm also very partial to the cover of JL #1, too, I must say...something about Despero in that "Thinking Man" position really gets to me every time I see it :cool:

No interest in selling as I hope to pass they along to my son when he gets older and hopefully learns to appreciate them...we shall see on that front...

Cheers!

Jon

Edited by TempestJon

I got this low grade copy a couple of months ago. The interior is nice. Just happy to have a copy of this great book.

BRA1_2492a.jpg

My son is now comic crazed. He is 21 and loves the B&B series. Here is what is coming via the mail service this week...

Looks like a solid book for the grade! :applause:

Looks to me like it has not sold.

That was really high for now. Yeah, I had a offer on CL for my SC22 7.5 at $17500...but I didn't accept.

Edited by showcase22gr1959