• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold #28 Club
7 7

810 posts in this topic

It ain't pretty, but I'm in. I already have a Showcase 22 1.0 so now all I need is a Showcase 4 1.0 and I'll have the silver-age DC trifecta going.

6585139161_f4770e1720_z.jpg

Congrats! I see Trifecta soon. :applause:

It seems like Showcase 4's in 1.0 are really rare to come by for some reason, I've been watching eBay and Comiclink since early last year waiting for some to come up, but no luck. There was a 1.5 on eBay a little while ago but the seller bundled it with another early Showcase Flash issue and it got out of my budget range in the end.

It ain't pretty, but I'm in. I already have a Showcase 22 1.0 so now all I need is a Showcase 4 1.0 and I'll have the silver-age DC trifecta going.

6585139161_f4770e1720_z.jpg

Congrats! I see Trifecta soon. :applause:

It seems like Showcase 4's in 1.0 are really rare to come by for some reason, I've been watching eBay and Comiclink since early last year waiting for some to come up, but no luck. There was a 1.5 on eBay a little while ago but the seller bundled it with another early Showcase Flash issue and it got out of my budget range in the end.

Nice unrestored low grades SC4 is quite scarce and expect to pay over $1K easy. The last 1.5 had brittle pages and hurt the price even with the bundling. One will show up...they always do. :wishluck:

Anyone have an estimated value on a Purple BB28 7.5, OW, "small amount of CT on cover" ?

We're talking a 1/16th of an inch of CT directly above the lower staple. This book is gorgeous!! White back cover, ultra bright-glossy colors, nice pages, sharp corners, etc. I just might ebay this puppy if the price is right. Or I might just hang on to it. (shrug)

120906.jpg.0cf1e557414a57780cef9f51220872b6.jpg

Anyone have an estimated value on a Purple BB28 7.5, OW, "small amount of CT on cover" ?

We're talking a 1/16th of an inch of CT directly above the lower staple. This book is gorgeous!! White back cover, ultra bright-glossy colors, nice pages, sharp corners, etc. I just might ebay this puppy if the price is right. Or I might just hang on to it. (shrug)

That's garbage. I'll take it off your hands for $100. :foryou:

Also the 90 day avg for a 7.5 blue label is 10k. The purple label doesn't bother me at all I would bow to that book daily, great looking copy.

Strange, but I have seen GA books with slight CT in Blue Tops.

Here is the insides. Uncommonly nice!

120917.jpg.e0af56d76977506a43d0e46e2e162b64.jpg

Edited by peewee22

Would you be better off putting it on comic link or comic connect? Is their a standard percentage one would take off a blue label to help set the price for a restored book? I mean at half price it would be between 4400-5000.

If I had money like that we might be able to work something out. Sadly I'm a divorced father of 4 trying to pay my way through school. :cry:

Hope it works out.

Yeah, fam first and this stuff last. Kudos to you! (thumbs u