• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold #28 Club
7 7

810 posts in this topic

Well, I think that around half the price of an unrestored copy in the same grade would be a safe bet on fmv even if the color touch is minor. It's a gorgeous book btw! The restored value of SA comics is much lower than restored GA books.

Peewee, if the restoration is minor as 1/16 inch color touch as you mention and does not bleed to the cover of the book...then there is a possible shot for a 7.0. BB28 7.0's FMV would be $4500 to $6750...or 6.5 $3500-$4500. If this book stays a 7.5 restored SA holder, the price would be substantially less as Gator mentioned. Lots of possibility here on your BB28.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Restored sa doesn't generAlly come close to 50% of blue. Even slight :(

Quite curious - So what is a reasonable expection for GA books (SP, MP, EP)???

assuming at least a minor Key... ???

There is no set formula but more often than not a generic type % is 25-35% for slight, 15-25 % for mod and 10-15% for ext but there is tons of overlap and a myriad of exceptions. There are restored books that sell for way over guide

I was once told by Matt Nelson that a restored book is only ever worth the OPG value for the book in VG. That was some time ago, but it's played out that way for me a few times since then. But I imagine it differs somewhat with restored keys and GA books.

Restored sa doesn't generAlly come close to 50% of blue. Even slight :(

Quite curious - So what is a reasonable expection for GA books (SP, MP, EP)???

assuming at least a minor Key... ???

There is no set formula but more often than not a generic type % is 25-35% for slight, 15-25 % for mod and 10-15% for ext but there is tons of overlap and a myriad of exceptions. There are restored books that sell for way over guide

I agree with Gator and I'd say the BB28 is worth 2500 to 3500.

I wonder if I should contact Matt Nelson... hm