• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold #28 Club
7 7

810 posts in this topic

You can also look up values online - https://www.gpanalysis.com for around $10/month.  A great tool that a number of us uses.  It's ok to ask values of books every once in a while, but not all the time. Also, values cannot be determined on a per grade basis.  There are so many factors that affect value - marvel chipping, page quality, stains, writing, pieces missing, etc. So many variables that there is no one price per grade for each book.

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

You can also look up values online - https://www.gpanalysis.com for around $10/month.  A great tool that a number of us uses.  It's ok to ask values of books every once in a while, but not all the time. Also, values cannot be determined on a per grade basis.  There are so many factors that affect value - marvel chipping, page quality, stains, writing, pieces missing, etc. So many variables that there is no one price per grade for each book.

I just signed up for gpanalysis site , it is quite comprehensive! Thx

On 6/7/2017 at 8:42 PM, Bigsexy said:

I just signed up for gpanalysis site , it is quite comprehensive! Thx

Your welcome man!  It's a general rule of thumb kind of website that records a lot of sales from different auction houses and some private sales too I believe..  But it does not tell you the whole story because some are not recorded.  I find it especially useful for silver age for the most part to present.  Golden age, well there's not a lot out there on certain books so it can serve as a ballpark guide give or take (thumbsu

2 hours ago, SC22 said:
6 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

That should be interesting since we almost never see this book for sale in such a high grade.

Actually, this book will have made itself available twice in under a couple months.

Sold here not too long ago.

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Actually, this book will have made itself available twice in under a couple months.

Actually, this is the 3rd sale of this book this summer. However, it was originally a 7.5 , which is why Doug's spiel about how it is undergraded and should be a 9.2 is humorous.  

10 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:
13 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Actually, this is the 3rd sale of this book this summer. However, it was originally a 7.5

Wow ! From a 7.5 to 9.0. And yes, third time sale would be correct.

Edited by Gotham Kid

9 hours ago, Aman619 said:

So Doug or someone bought it weeks ago for 108k, and now it's for sale again?  Or does Reece's site lost a book sold at its ask price and not whatever a negotiated sales was priced at?

The sale is also listed on GPA (Greg told me he was going to report it) so that is the actual sale price on Greg's site.

9 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

The sale is also listed on GPA (Greg told me he was going to report it) so that is the actual sale price on Greg's site.

Sure, it helps the buyer (Doug) have a new base to list it in auction. It's cool with me as BB28 seems to be undervalued anyway. This specific copy looks really nice. The small group of OO books that this book came from all looked really nice.

39 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Sure, it helps the buyer (Doug) have a new base to list it in auction. It's cool with me as BB28 seems to be undervalued anyway. This specific copy looks really nice. The small group of OO books that this book came from all looked really nice.

They were very nice Bob.  Unbelievable colors etc.  The book sold for $108k.  I was the previous owner before it went to Greg.

14 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

I definitely did not feel it was a 9.2 -- there are some small defects which are not pressable which are in the book and hard to see through the holder.  The original press job was spectacular and I think everything that could have been done was done.  The color strike is so nice and the eye appeal superior.