• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold #28 Club
7 7

810 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

It is the same copy tth2 posted at the very beginning of this thread. Straight resub.

Wow and congrats! That is a great win. Tim had/has some amazing HG SA DCs. 

On 10/3/2017 at 6:19 PM, kimik said:

Stunning copy! Congrats! ^^

Is there an interesting back story regarding where the book is from? New OO collection?

A pretty, pretty book!

My resubs never go up in grade. :sorry:

On 10/3/2017 at 8:18 PM, MrBedrock said:

It is the same copy tth2 posted at the very beginning of this thread. Straight resub.

Richard, congrats. Unbelievable looking copy. I couldn't see the original pic(Photobucket). I can tell from the conversation it was a 9.4 . Was it an old label, what was the original PQ ?? BTW, until they meet the Chicago Cubs in the World Series, I am definitely rooting for the Astros. 

11 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Richard, congrats. Unbelievable looking copy. I couldn't see the original pic(Photobucket). I can tell from the conversation it was a 9.4 . Was it an old label, what was the original PQ ?? BTW, until they meet the Chicago Cubs in the World Series, I am definitely rooting for the Astros. 

old old label, 9.4 off-white

I wish I could say the same for the Cubs...but I really didn't like the "lovable losers" when the 'Stros were in the NL Central. Cool ballpark though.

20 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

old old label, 9.4 off-white

I wish I could say the same for the Cubs...but I really didn't like the "lovable losers" when the 'Stros were in the NL Central. Cool ballpark though.

I don't know why you didn't like the Cubs when the Astros were in the NL. We were usually a very easy win for the Astros. Since the last time the Astros were in a WS, it was against a Chicago team, I figure it would be fun ! Great book. Thanks for the info.

3 hours ago, ft88 said:

Get some reading in tonight.  And get this off page 4 against the Marvel Zombies

Thanks for bringing this thread to the top, Ed!

I picked mine up earlier this year, here on the boards:

PXL_20210109_142948362.jpg.a17f98156da4afa83e95122f2798305a.jpg

PXL_20210109_142608682.jpg.544c2fef7512a3155c0ccbbc39e6ba47.jpg

One of my favourite silver age books. I took a hiatus from collecting and this was my first purchase back after a year or so. Bought it raw and got what I expected for the grade. Also love the off white pages. Glad I got it when I did though, the prices were so soft and it seems to have returned to the jla movie days in terms of prices. 

191C5EF4-3C32-4A6F-AFA3-61A8A20B1346.jpeg

On 8/27/2021 at 6:28 PM, BoomCity said:

One of my favourite silver age books. I took a hiatus from collecting and this was my first purchase back after a year or so. Bought it raw and got what I expected for the grade. Also love the off white pages. Glad I got it when I did though, the prices were so soft and it seems to have returned to the jla movie days in terms of prices. 

191C5EF4-3C32-4A6F-AFA3-61A8A20B1346.jpeg

You got what you expected for a 2.5?  This is a really nice-looking example, so a little more appreciation on your part is in order!  Also, nice colors. (thumbsu