• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold #28 Club
7 7

810 posts in this topic

It apparently sold for $1500, which is a strong price considering the following description:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAVE-AND-BOLD-28-CGC-5-5-1st-JUSTICE-LEAGUE-of-AMERICA_W0QQitemZ180381710621QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item29ff96791d

BAVE AND BOLD 28 CGC 5.5 1st JUSTICE LEAGUE

The Brave and the Bold # 28 DC Comics March 1960. First appearance of The Justice League of America.

Condition: CGC 5.5 FN - Light tan to off white pages ½” tear on the 13th page.

:roflmao:

I am no longer a member of the club. :sorry:

What did you do, son?

Really? That's an amazing copy. Up for auction or private sale Tim?

Sold in a private sale, along with some JLAs.

What did you do, son?

That must have been a tremendous sale. :o(worship) I bet this deal is in the north of six figures. Congrats!

Congrats on the sale, Tim. Are you putting the funds towards a bigger book, or is this a sign that you are exiting the hobby? :sorry:

Thanks Ryan. I'd say it's a continuation of my exit from the hobby, although it hasn't been a smooth exit since I keep buying more stuff! :pullhair: Old habits die hard! lol

Maybe more like exiting from collecting mainstream books.

What did you do, son?

That must have been a tremendous sale. :o(worship) I bet this deal is in the north of six figures. Congrats!

Had to use 3 credit cards to finalize it.

:jokealert:

Congrats on the sale, Tim. :golfclap:

Rick

Congrats on the sale, Tim. Are you putting the funds towards a bigger book, or is this a sign that you are exiting the hobby? :sorry:

Thanks Ryan. I'd say it's a continuation of my exit from the hobby, although it hasn't been a smooth exit since I keep buying more stuff! :pullhair: Old habits die hard! lol

That's too bad, but I guess it will give some of the other HG SA DC collectors a chance at some great books.

You aren't chasing that CGC 8.0 Tec #27, are you? hm

Believe it or not, we all will, at some point, exit the hobby.

Things change.

:sorry:

Oh, I am already pretty much out of the hobby as a pure collector and am just a collector-flipper now. The only two books I would ever hold onto are Action #1 and Tec #27 (and maybe a nice Tec #31), but anything else seems to leave my hands shortly after it is acquired. lol

I only own 4 books...one is up for sale on the Link.

It's easier to market 4 books individually than one $100+ book IMO.

Will always own a nice AF15.

:preach:

Nothing wrong with upgrading or flipping. It's always fun and of course great to own something that is so desirable. :headbang:

Some of the GLs I have cobbled together for my run are in the Clink auction starting today as well.

However, I think it would be easier to market an Action #1 or Tec #27 than all other books, AF #15 included.

Some of the GLs I have cobbled together for my run are in the Clink auction starting today as well.

However, I think it would be easier to market an Action #1 or Tec #27 than all other books, AF #15 included.

Finding one is a BIG problem.

(shrug)

That's too bad, but I guess it will give some of the other HG SA DC collectors a chance at some great books.

They`ll have a chance at one in the upcoming Heritage February Signature Auction. I`ll be down to one HG SA DC mega-key after that.