• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold #28 Club
7 7

810 posts in this topic

Since we went from 5.0 to 5.5, I thought I might join the club with a 6.0 :grin:

28.jpg

That either one heavy duty scanner or the brightest colors on a 28!!. WOW !! :golfclap::takeit:

Looks very rich in color. Nice! :applause:

:acclaim:

Probably someplace around $1500 - $1700 for a 5.5, and then $3500 - $4000 for a 7.5 copy.
just to put ryan's numbers in perspective, and this might be a "self serving" post, since I am actively buying and selling BB 28, but I believe my response is valid none the less, as it is based on actual sales (thumbs u ...

I recently sold a 5.0 for $1750 (albeit a really nice 5.0, likely pressable higher, so that estimate is probably pretty close for a 5.5)

...but I believe ryan is a wee bit low for a 7.5, and here is why...

I sold a nice 7.5 with cr/ow for $4500 very recently (as in last month)... Heritage sold a 7.5 for $4500ish last month too, I believe, and several folks (including myself) have 7.5's available for $5K (four color comics is one that I know of, and $4500 is his "bottom line" as I already inquired, and there was one that I just recently purchased in the low/mid 4K range too)... so while those numbers would be "ideal', my guess is unlikely you will find a 7.5 for less than 4500 ish, as I myself will happily pay that much for one (thumbs u

Probably someplace around $1500 - $1700 for a 5.5, and then $3500 - $4000 for a 7.5 copy.
just to put ryan's numbers in perspective, and this might be a "self serving" post, since I am actively buying and selling BB 28, but I believe my response is valid none the less, as it is based on actual sales (thumbs u ...

I recently sold a 5.0 for $1750 (albeit a really nice 5.0, likely pressable higher, so that estimate is probably pretty close for a 5.5)

I sold a nice 7.5 with cr/ow for $4500 very recently (as in last month)... Heritage sold a 7.5 for $4500ish last month too, I believe, and several folks (including myself) have 7.5's available for $5K (four color comics is one that I know of, and $4500 is his "bottom line" as I already inquired, and there was one that I just recently purchased in the low/mid 4K range too)... so while those numbers would be "ideal', my guess is unlikely you will find a 7.5 for less than 4500 ish, as I myself will happily pay that much for one (thumbs u

I stand corrected. (worship)

as mentioned, my interest in responding was "biased", but that doesn't make your opinion any less valid... I would LOVE to find a 7.5 BB 28 in the 3500-4K range, I would buy them all day long... my feeling is that those prices (while doable in the past) have probably "passed" us by now that folks are more aware of just how tough BB 28 is in 7.5 and above... and folks that have them, just aren't letting them go cheaper (as mentioned, I tried to buy four color's, as I felt 4500 was FMV give or take, but he agreed with me and wouldn't budge on the price lol ) and from there, 2 copies confirmed that, selling in the 4500 range, so viola, a trend has started (dare I say SC 22 :baiting: )

as mentioned, my interest in responding was "biased", but that doesn't make your opinion any less valid... I would LOVE to find a 7.5 BB 28 in the 3500-4K range, I would buy them all day long... my feeling is that those prices (while doable in the past) have probably "passed" us by now that folks are more aware of just how tough BB 28 is in 7.5 and above... and folks that have them, just aren't letting them go cheaper (as mentioned, I tried to buy four color's, as I felt 4500 was FMV give or take, but he agreed with me and wouldn't budge on the price lol ) and from there, 2 copies confirmed that, selling in the 4500 range, so viola, a trend has started (dare I say SC 22 :baiting: )

I agree...B&B 28 hasn't done much the last 3-4 years and is picking up steam.

GAtor, it should be a sin to even THINK about buying a 7.5 BB28 for $3500-4k. May Starro suck you up and spit you out!

just to further discussion, my 2nd cgc 7.5 bb 28 copy has also sold at north of the 4500 level I had suggested earlier in this thread (thumbs u

just to further discussion, my 2nd cgc 7.5 bb 28 copy has also sold at north of the 4500 level I had suggested earlier in this thread (thumbs u

Has anyone seen any HGer's with OW/W PQ ?

Just curious.

Bomber Bob's copy CGC 7.5 white pager not mine.

scan0068.jpg

1 day I will enter this club. Sweet looking book and rich in colors. Still on the HUNT or this book. Trying to get a nice book as we speak. Hopefully this time it works out. Oh well. 0 for 2 on books. :(

Edited by Agent 007