• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Susan Cicconi

266 posts in this topic

stay classy, McSkippy!

lol at the concept of telling a professional in a public message board to "kiss (my) @ss" being anywhere close to "telling it like it is."

you make a bunch of classless, grade-school comments about someone you paid to do a service for you and then try and defend your crassness and immaturity through the cloak of "dissatisfaction" all the while refusing to provide any proof.

it's juvenile, it's embarrassing on a couple of levels, and it's shameful. if you had an ounce of personal respect and manners you'd apologise for being a grade-a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. i'm not holding my breath.

stay classy, McSkippy!

lol at the concept of telling a professional in a public message board to "kiss (my) @ss" being anywhere close to "telling it like it is."

you make a bunch of classless, grade-school comments about someone you paid to do a service for you and then try and defend your crassness and immaturity through the cloak of "dissatisfaction" all the while refusing to provide any proof.

it's juvenile, it's embarrassing on a couple of levels, and it's shameful. if you had an ounce of personal respect and manners you'd apologise for being a grade-a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. i'm not holding my breath.

Gee Sal, why don't you tell us how really feel . . . lol

(thumbs u

Saying just "no more than two grades" is not particularly an accurate barometer. What are the specifics? Do you have before/after images?

I agree, If your going to throw someone under the bus here, you need to come up with more info than just talk. Show some scans so we can see what your talking about.

DRX

if I know nothing about the CGC boards, I do know this - you'd better back up what you have to say or you'll look like a famous pop star claiming he's had no plastic surgery, yet his nose is shrinking like a costanza appendage in a freezing pool.

the truth hurts. tell it.

The Foomster has spoken! :sumo:

:hi:

hey guys,

check out this FF 12 that I had susan do some work on for me. I found a very 'sound' book on ebay and bought it with this in mind.

link to before/after scans and pics from having the book in hand today

I think, IMHO, this should put anyone at ease who would consider having susan do some restoration for them. I'm pretty darned happy with it. her evaluation was excellent, communication right there and quick turnaround on the finished book.

FF 12 by Susan Ciccone

Dscf4210.jpg

hey guys,

check out this FF 12 that I had susan do some work on for me. I found a very 'sound' book on ebay and bought it with this in mind.

I think, IMHO, this should put anyone at ease who would consider having susan do some restoration for them. I'm pretty darned happy with it. her evaluation was excellent, communication right there and quick turnaround on the finished book.

FF 12 by Susan Ciccone

Dscf4210.jpg

It looks great! Congratulations! :applause:

thanks! susan did a great job on it, and I've just been sitting on pins and needles to add it to this thread to show some further evidence of her fine work.

:cloud9:

She's an extremely nice person as well. I was fortunate enough to have dinner with her this past spring. I even shared a cab with her after dinner. She has a true love for comics. Her thinking of all the "lovely" books at the NYCC about brought tears to her eyes.

hey guys,

FF 12 by Susan Ciccone

Dscf4210.jpg

wow...what was the finally cost for something like that

Cleaned, pressed, minor color touch primarily along the spine, and replaced staples, yes? What does the back cover look like now?

hey guys,

FF 12 by Susan Ciccone

Dscf4210.jpg

Cleaned, pressed, minor color touch primarily along the spine, and replaced staples, yes? What does the back cover look like now?

hey guys,

FF 12 by Susan Ciccone

Dscf4210.jpg

nice calls! staples are original but cleaned. I'll add a scan of the back cvr to the photobucket link.

That "IND" at the top left looks hand drawn without a doubt.

I still think Trippy is :screwy: but I had to see if he was right and it looks that way,quite an eye. I had to blow the image up 400 % to see it. Since I had it blown it up I looked for other signs of flaws. The whole book looks really great especially the rust stain removal but the top staple isn't where it is suppose to be . It should be a few milimeters to the right.

FFSC.jpg

That "IND" at the top left looks hand drawn without a doubt.

I still think Trippy is :screwy: but I had to see if he was right and it looks that way,quite an eye. I had to blow the image up 400 % to see it. Since I had it blown it up I looked for other signs of flaws. The whole book looks really great especially the rust stain removal but the top staple isn't where it is suppose to be . It should be a few milimeters to the right.

true, and here is where my lofty status as a novice comes into play - I wonder if it was because of the repair that was necessary in the area of the rust staining?

ie. better seated at the edge that at the place where most natural 'erosion' had occured?

true, and here is where my lofty status as a novice comes into play - I wonder if it was because of the repair that was necessary in the area of the rust staining?

ie. better seated at the edge that at the place where most natural 'erosion' had occured?

I suppose but I would think that moving it would be a last resort and that would be the only reason why. Were the interior pages bad as well? Couldn't Susan re-enforce the area so that it could be placed where its suppose to go? I still cant get over how well it looks overall.icon_e_greatbook.gif

The only reason i commented on the "ind" was that I remember Matthew Wilson (fantasy masterpieces) was notorious for goofing that up. I mean the "ind" would look so sloppy it was pathetic. So, I was curious if Susan's was much better...yes, somewhat.

I know that Trace does an excellent job with the "ind." He restored a FF#1 for me a long time ago and the "IND" was perfect. How he did it exactly, I don't know.

This also goes back to the discussion that Susan, even though she is great, is still using outdated restoration techniques.

The only reason i commented on the "ind" was that I remember Matthew Wilson (fantasy masterpieces) was notorious for goofing that up. I mean the "ind" would look so sloppy it was pathetic. So, I was curious if Susan's was much better...yes, somewhat.

I know that Trace does an excellent job with the "ind." He restored a FF#1 for me a long time ago and the "IND" was perfect. How he did it exactly, I don't know.

This also goes back to the discussion that Susan, even though she is great, is still using outdated restoration techniques.

Why don't you come clean with the details of why you keep dragging Susan's name through the mud? Or else, STFU.