• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original Owner Silver Age Marvel Spideys and FFs

195 posts in this topic

Oh craap, yes I quoted the wrong thing.

I guess what I'm saying is maybe I think you paid 80% below guide so I figure if I offer 50% below guide you're still pulling 30%

But if I only wanted 50% for them wouldn't I have listed them for a lower price to begin with?

And frankly, what I paid for them shouldn't figure into what someone wants to offer.

If it does they are solely basing their offer on an assumption.

As I said, folks are free to offer whatever they want to.

But I'm stating it again, offering me less than half is grounds for ridicule.

Fair enough (thumbs u

And truthfully it's nobodys business what he paid for the collection. If people want the books buy the books if not then don't buy them. But worrying about how much profit somebody is going to make on a sale is really bad taste. Just my 2c

Oh and good luck with the sale.

true, but this seller started complaining about being offered 50% of guide, considering the grade of these books..not a bad offer. btw, I'm sure the seller didn't pay anywhere near 50% of guide.

Really, you know where I can pick up Marvel keys and early issues for 50% of FMV? Please, point me in the that direction.

As far as what the seller has into it....you're suggesting Richard didn't pay "anywhere near 50% of guide"? So, you're suggesting he paid what...25% to 30% of Guide? Let's just say, I think you're dead wrong and nowhere close to reality.

you're joking right!, plenty of ppl sell their comics cheap and that includes all comic sellers. Especially if they are low grade comics, if they are higher grade, who knows.

Not everybody sells on Ebay and mostly dealers buy and sell on these boards. There is plenty of Silver age sold at comic shows, so you might want to start looking there.

I guess what I'm saying is maybe I think you paid 80% below guide so I figure if I offer 50% below guide you're still pulling 30%

But if I only wanted 50% for them wouldn't I have listed them for a lower price to begin with?

And frankly, what I paid for them shouldn't figure into what someone wants to offer.

Fair enough (thumbs u

And truthfully it's nobodys business what he paid for the collection. If people want the books buy the books if not then don't buy them. But worrying about how much profit somebody is going to make on a sale is really bad taste. Just my 2c

true, but this seller started complaining about being offered 50% of guide, considering the grade of these books..not a bad offer. btw, I'm sure the seller didn't pay anywhere near 50% of guide.

Really, you know where I can pick up Marvel keys and early issues for 50% of FMV? Please, point me in the that direction.

As far as what the seller has into it....you're suggesting Richard didn't pay "anywhere near 50% of guide"? So, you're suggesting he paid what...25% to 30% of Guide? Let's just say, I think you're dead wrong and nowhere close to reality.

you're joking right!, plenty of ppl sell their comics cheap and that includes all comic sellers. Especially if they are low grade comics, if they are higher grade, who knows.

Not everybody sells on Ebay and mostly dealers buy and sell on these boards. There is plenty of Silver age sold at comic shows, so you might want to start looking there.

I don't think your opinion carries much weight, as you are the shill who questioned qualitycomix/Brent's professionalism.

or the fact that he has reneged on several board transactions and is on a probation list.

I love it how some noobs try to stomp on someone when they themselves have yet to get a clue :shrug:

is now BucOne

Used to be MarkWeb

Used to be WolfHulk

Used to be Roxx Gang

Only if you don't pay for something you agreed to.

Trust me your words carry no weight on here...

Why don't you say something stupid so you can get your 3rd strike and be perma-banned :wishluck:

Fair enough (thumbs u

I completely agree with Bob. Has almost everyone lost their manners around here? Between this thread and that Mass Pedigree thread, I'm really starting to lose faith with the boards. :(

I completely disagree, and let me make it clear I never even made an offer, I was just trying to understand his response to offers that we're apparently "low ball offers".

To me it's watching all the seller do whatever it takes to squeeze as much money out of every single sale they make like they have a starving family to feed and then getting offended when someone makes an offer.

Not to mention everyday on these boards I read over and over, "don't be afraid to make an offer, you might be surprised", etc.

Pretty lame.

Dude, he said in his post that reasonable offers were being considered. I bet he even accepted one or two. Offers of less than 50% of his asking price are too low. What's lame about that?

Actually my last post was more in response to cujobyte's post inferring that I had no manors for trying to understand Bedrocks post.

(_?_)

I have know idea what that means.

I think that's suppose to be a butt. :foryou:

I definitely agree as well. Although some buyers are just that way. They think that they might be overpaying if they bought a book for more than what someone else bought it for. So what? It's how much you think the value of the book(s) is worth to you. I've definitely "overpaid" or paid more than what people would offer for books I will keep in my collection and that I won't re-sell.

Exactly, dealers factor what someone else may have paid for a particular book or collection with every purchase they make. If they aren't doing that they are foolish.

But god forbid a collector do that. meh

I don't think so.

They factory in what they think they can sell them for and buy them at a percentage of that.

A small of a percentage as possible. :whistle:

(_?_)

It's the front of the pants. It's a guy. :gossip:

(_?_)

Hmm...

Mine doesn't bend like that.

:insane:

(_?_)

Hmm...

It's a bulge in the pants, not a . :makepoint:

(_?_)

Hmm...

It's a bulge in the pants, not a . :makepoint:

OK OK...

So I'm not an expert on guy's junk like greggy.

Geez... :P

(_?_)

Hmm...

He said it was GUY!! :blush:

oh_snap.gif

or the fact that he has reneged on several board transactions and is on a probation list.

I love it how some noobs try to stomp on someone when they themselves have yet to get a clue :shrug:

is now BucOne

Used to be MarkWeb

Used to be WolfHulk

Used to be Roxx Gang

:news:

BucOne and HGComics sharing a computer

:news:

Arch posted this in the Strike forum